BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread Options
#384893 - 07/13/05 06:25 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

No, I'm not. You are the one who chose to refer to "neocons" (a term that is known to refer to Jewish individuals) as warmongers. Perhaps you did not know the origins of the term. If that is the case, I would suggest you not use it. But I am not putting words in your mouth by pointing out that you are parroting anti-semitic terms that you have heard elsewhere.

Maybe it is you that is out of touch Jokerman. Here is the definition from dictionary.com....

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=neocon

And on wikipedia.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism_(United_States)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#384894 - 07/13/05 06:26 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Mark, conservative anon and Jokerman,

You are hypocrits, plain and simple. Are you telling me that if this was a democratic adviser to a democratic president that your position would be the same!? If you say yes, I say horse hockey. If you're going to tout positions and pontificate, be ready to do it both ways. If not, your words mean absolutely NOTHING.

Conservative anon did not say Rove should not be fired, I just posted an article from John Gibson saying he probably should be fired, but then given a medal. I just posted a Bill O'Reilly article. Give it a read. He also thinks that if Rove outed her, he should be fired, and not given a medal.

See, I gave credit in this post.

Return to Top
#384895 - 07/13/05 06:28 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

I truly believe it is a defensive play by the neocons to turn around a term (why are these zealots not embracing the fact that we acknowledge that they are so hardcore and single-minded?) to suggest that those who referencing the term have some ulterior bigoted motive.

Return to Top
#384896 - 07/13/05 06:28 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

FOX News--Unfair and Unbalanced

Return to Top
#384897 - 07/13/05 06:33 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

so true...

Return to Top
#384898 - 07/13/05 06:39 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

The thing that cracks me up is when some people act like they aren't. Or the classic comeback that other other forms of media are liberal rags so why can't there just be somebody normal(fox).

Return to Top
#384899 - 07/13/05 06:50 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Please, define "normal"...

Return to Top
#384900 - 07/13/05 07:00 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Maybe it is you that is out of touch Jokerman. Here is the definition from dictionary.com....

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=neocon

And on wikipedia.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism_(United_States)

I specifically said that the term itself is not anti-Semitic (therefore, why would a dictionary say otherwise?), but that using it in the context that anon was (that the 'neocons' are warmongers), is.

Of note, from your wikipedia (not that it is a reliable source of much of anything):

Quote:

One of the most controversial issues surrounding neoconservatism is its relation to specifically Jewish intellectual traditions; in the most extreme form of this view, neoconservatism has been regarded by some as primarily a movement to advance Jewish interests. Classic anti-Semitic tropes have often been used when elaborating this view, such as the idea that Jews achieve influence through the intellectual domination of national leaders.

Return to Top
#384901 - 07/13/05 07:07 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

so true...

You two have no idea what you are talking about. Devil, you are an admitted liberal, so I would expect you to see only that there are conservative "commentators" on Fox who are paid to give conservative views. That is what they are supposed to do. But there are also liberal commentators on Fox. They have never claimed that their commentators are fair and balanced. That is not what they are paid to do. O'Reilly does claim to be fair and balanced and he is more balanced than he is given credit for. He slammed the Swift Boat Vets and would not give them the time of day. You will also notice that currently there are two commentator's articles on the Fox News web site (O'Reilly and Gibson). Both of them say that it if Rove leaked this, he should be fired. O'Reilly pulls no punches and does not give Rove any cudos. Gibson on the other hand thinks that once he is fired, he should be given a medal.

Now, have you watched their news? I think it tries to be balanced. But of course it is going to look unbalanced next to their rivals:

According to the Center for Media and Public Affairs, during the first 100 days of Mr. Bush's second term, 57 percent of the stories run on NBC News were negative. Seventy-one percent were negative on CBS News. And a whopping 78 percent were bad for the prez on ABC News

Return to Top
#384902 - 07/13/05 07:15 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Return to Top
#384903 - 07/13/05 07:18 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

once again jokerman is putting words in my mouth. if the warmongering CHRISTIANneocons' (of which I have been refering too) shoes fit wear them. stop defending you semantic tirade by bringing up anti-semitism as a clever screen.

Return to Top
#384904 - 07/13/05 07:19 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

A news outlet that was funded by Rupert Murdoch and founded by Roger Ailes and you're denying that it is slanted WAY, WAY right!? And, you claim I don't know what I am talking about. Liberal commentators on Fox are shills and "pratt-men" for the conservatives. This setup gives the simple-minded the illusion that they are "balanced".

Return to Top
#384905 - 07/13/05 07:21 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1067

Well, there's big news, a liberal organization, hiding behind the name "FAIR" thinks FOX is biased. If you think this is a nonpolitical, middle of the road, group, just check out the FAIR store: FAIR

OutFoxed? The makers of this movie admitted they were not trying to be fair.

Thanks, but I encourage folks to actually watch the different media to make up their minds on who is or isnt' fair.

Return to Top
#384906 - 07/13/05 07:24 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

A news outlet that was funded by Rupert Murdoch and founded by Roger Ailes and you're denying that it is slanted WAY, WAY right!? And, you claim I don't know what I am talking about. Liberal commentators on Fox are shills and "pratt-men" for the conservatives. This setup gives the simple-minded the illusion that they are "balanced".

Hmmmm, watching too much of the

Communist
News
Network

are you?

Return to Top
#384907 - 07/13/05 07:24 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Yes, I am denying they are slanted way, way right. Of course they are right, but not nearly so right as the mainstream media is LEFT. They are the closest thing to the middle as you will find on TV. There is nothing in the middle but a void. So, FOX will have to do until the void is filled.

Return to Top
#384908 - 07/13/05 07:24 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it's funny how conservatives will defend their FOX news as being balanced even though they are the only ones who watch it. And Alan Colmes? Great point fellow anon about these lefties on the station being shills.

Return to Top
#384909 - 07/13/05 07:26 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I am denying they are slanted way, way right. Of course they are right, but not nearly so right as the mainstream media is LEFT. They are the closest thing to the middle as you will find on TV. There is nothing in the middle but a void. So, FOX will have to do until the void is filled.

Yet another comment about how there is no middle ground in the media only left and "closer to the middle". Why are you being so stubborn. You are just arguing because we got your hackles up.

Return to Top
#384910 - 07/13/05 07:34 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

once again jokerman is putting words in my mouth.

Keep telling yourself that. No one else is listening.

Quote:

if the warmongering CHRISTIANneocons' (of which I have been refering too) shoes fit wear them.

So you meant to use the term in an anti-Christian, not anti-Semitic manner, you were just too ignorant to realize what you were doing. I understand. Obviously, anti-Christian bigotry is much better than anti-Semitic bigotry.

Quote:

stop defending you semantic tirade by bringing up anti-semitism as a clever screen.

Stop posting drunk.

Return to Top
#384911 - 07/13/05 07:38 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

No bigotry, if the shoe fits wear it neocon. I have no need to defend my views on other religions or my own.

Return to Top
#384912 - 07/13/05 07:43 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

A news outlet that was funded by Rupert Murdoch and founded by Roger Ailes and you're denying that it is slanted WAY, WAY right!?

Other media outlets founded by Roger Ailes:

CNBC

Return to Top
#384913 - 07/13/05 07:43 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyway, about Karl Rove....

Return to Top
#384914 - 07/13/05 07:45 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yet another comment about how there is no middle ground in the media only left and "closer to the middle". Why are you being so stubborn. You are just arguing because we got your hackles up.

It is not my FOX. I don't watch it thank you very much! I just don't like inequities.

The reason I chimed in is that any time FOX is listed as a source on BOL, it gets blasted as biased.

Some liberals are apparently foolish enough to think that somehow FOX is slanted and CBS, NBC, ABC, BBC, CNN are not. Now, if that is not what you are thinking, I can only wonder why you don't blast these media sources when they are quoted on BOL!? Strange. Very strange indeed!

Could it be that you like your news with a liberal slant?

Return to Top
#384915 - 07/13/05 07:48 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

No bigotry, if the shoe fits wear it neocon.

It's kind of hard to accurately describe me as a "neocon" considering I have never been anything but a conservative.

Quote:

I have no need to defend my views on other religions or my own.

Bully for you.

Return to Top
#384916 - 07/13/05 07:51 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
The term "Fair and Balanced" is understood by most to be somewhat tongue in cheek, but so what. Shouldn't those right of center have some sort of outlet? I mean after all the left has ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, almost all major newspapers except the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Times, the faculty and administration of virtually all public universities and many private ones as well, Time, Newsweek, The American Bar Association, The American Medical Association etc. etc. But people are upset that the right has most of talk radio, two major newspapers and Fox News? Gee, how unfair. I wonder how the left is supposed to get their message out.

Return to Top
#384917 - 07/13/05 08:12 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Anonymous
Unregistered

can it be that maybe those news sources don't have a liberal slant and the one that does does so to scare people to make them watch? there is nothing unfair about reporting the news. i don't watch any of it so i feel i can be a relatively unbiased onlooker. i am a moderate and i can see the bias in some and the newsmaking on others. just because the networks and cnn don't put a spin on things doesn't mean that they are advocating a different view than fox which has a decided bias. in other words, the theme is the same in this context as it is in many other threads: those who aren't far-right are far-left.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7