BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread Options
#384993 - 06/13/06 05:33 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I don't really care whom in the adminstration leaked it. I have a problem with the administration saying it's not okay to leak classified information, unless the administration decides it is.

Never been a fan of do as I say, not as I do.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#384994 - 06/13/06 05:36 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Anonymous
Unregistered

seems to me by the information, that this is not exactly what happened,.....

Return to Top
#384995 - 06/13/06 05:37 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Except, of course that it is the executive branch, regardless of who is in charge, that gets to decide what is classified, and what isn't. You could always change the constitution, but good luck.

Return to Top
#384996 - 06/13/06 05:46 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not a Democrat but I admit I was hoping he would be indicted. I did not hold much hope that he actually would be so I'm not surprised. I'm more, I guess, resigned then anything. That Rove was not indicted does not make this a "Black Tuesday"; the fact that an old thread was revived with a chance at yet more "gotcha" and several posts that equate to "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" makes this a Black Tuesday for all. (and yes, I said the same thing when the shoe was on the other foot.)

I agree that it would be nice to see an actual platform from the Democrats - or a viable third party option. And it would be nice for the man that ran as the Uniter would work to become one. I'm pretty tired of the devisiveness between the two major parties. I cannot be the only one that is sick and tired of all the loud rhetoric between the fringes.

I'd like to see us all move from the continual finger-pointing, taunting, and all around general bullshit and actually spend some time trying to come together. I don't know how much longer our divided country can stand.

And may I just say one more thing about insults? "Drink your kool-aid", along with providing us several inventive ways of spelling kool-aid, has become a kind of all purpose insult for both sides. Who knew that a tragedy like Waco would produce an insulting catch phrase? What will be our next all purpose put-down spouted rather than any attempt at understanding? Well, I'm sure the army of hateful anons will be glad to post several after I post this.

Suzy

Return to Top
#384997 - 06/13/06 05:58 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Actually the term "Kool-Aid drinker" come from Jim Jones and the tragedy at Jonestown, not Wacko.

Return to Top
#384998 - 06/13/06 06:01 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

That Rove was not indicted does not make this a "Black Tuesday"; the fact that an old thread was revived with a chance at yet more "gotcha" and several posts that equate to "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" makes this a Black Tuesday for all. (and yes, I said the same thing when the shoe was on the other foot.)

Really? Can you show me the post where you chided your fellow libs for their salivating at a potential Rove indictment? 'Cause I sure don't remember it. But kudos to you if you did.

Now, as to why I brought up this old thread - it was because I remembered all the anticipation, and wondered why none of the libs were taking back their accusations now that Rove is in the clear. Apparently, like you, they were hoping more for an indictment than the fair completion of the investigation.

Why is bullshit not censored?

Return to Top
#384999 - 06/13/06 06:03 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Not being indicted does not equal not being guilty.

Return to Top
#385000 - 06/13/06 06:04 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

You mean the word, or are you thinking wishfully about certain posts?

Return to Top
#385001 - 06/13/06 06:05 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

Just ask Ron . . . .

I mean because he's a lawyer, not because he knows about being guilty or indicted.

Return to Top
#385002 - 06/13/06 06:06 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Yeah, along with dolphinsh*t, giraffesh*t, and penguinsh*t!!!

Return to Top
#385003 - 06/13/06 06:10 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Being not guilty does not equate to innocence either. In England, they merely call it "not found" instead of "not guilty."

Is Rove innocent, well, you may remember from School House Rock, that, in the eyes of the law, a person is considered innocent until PROVEN guilty. So, he is not guilty? No. Is he innocent? I have no idea.

It is funny how each political side picks apart the other side's victories. "Just because you won the election, doesn't mean you won the election!" "Just because you weren't indicted, doesn't mean you're not guilty!"

Return to Top
#385004 - 06/13/06 06:11 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Just ask Ron . . . .

Or the junior senator from New York.

(I mean, because she's a lawyer...)

Return to Top
#385005 - 06/13/06 06:14 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

That Rove was not indicted does not make this a "Black Tuesday"; the fact that an old thread was revived with a chance at yet more "gotcha" and several posts that equate to "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" makes this a Black Tuesday for all. (and yes, I said the same thing when the shoe was on the other foot.)

Really? Can you show me the post where you chided your fellow libs for their salivating at a potential Rove indictment? 'Cause I sure don't remember it. But kudos to you if you did.

Now, as to why I brought up this old thread - it was because I remembered all the anticipation, and wondered why none of the libs were taking back their accusations now that Rove is in the clear. Apparently, like you, they were hoping more for an indictment than the fair completion of the investigation.

No, -5-, I didn't get involved with the Rove thread. I chided some libs over Haditha and speaking English.

I don't think accusations will be taken back as I don't believe some people believe he is innocent.

I'm surprised too that bullsh*t was not censored. I thought it would be so I didn't censor it myself. I beg everyone's pardon on the vulgarity.

Suzy

Return to Top
#385006 - 06/13/06 06:19 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Yeah, it's a lot less offensive with the "*" in it.

Return to Top
#385007 - 06/13/06 06:22 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Yeah, it's a lot less offensive with the "*" in it.

Guess what I'm censoring now, -5-?

Suzy

Return to Top
#385008 - 06/13/06 06:48 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Keep your shirt on, Suzy.

Return to Top
#385009 - 06/13/06 06:51 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Anonymous
Unregistered

I certainly will. I'm not that easy, -5-. Boy, you and X sure do know how to turn a girl's head.

Suzy

Return to Top
#385010 - 06/13/06 07:14 PM Re: Black Tuesday for the Democrats
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Suzy, you tease. (I feel like Dan.)

Return to Top
#385011 - 08/30/06 05:38 PM Re: Fire Karl Rove as You Promised
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Ron said:

Quote:

My only comment about this on the thread has been if Rove has done an injustice to MY country I want you to support taking him down.

(Emphasis mine.)

I said:

Quote:

I will. And if there is no evidence that he has done an injustice, I expect that you will call for an end to this media feeding frenzy, correct?

Well, Ron, given that Rove is in the clear, we're all waiting.

Still waiting...

Return to Top
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7