Learn More - Click Here!

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Thread Options
#385323 - 09/15/05 04:50 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
By the way, anyone want to bet that whoever they pick to front their band isn't the only one who goes on tour with them to launch their new thang?

I'm betting Suzie is an opening act with some sort of house band, Mahty/JD/MIG (pick 1) is the second opening act with the same house band, and the winner then plays with them for their first tour.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#385324 - 09/15/05 04:54 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Brook Burke did mention something about a 'Rockstar INXS' tour towards the end of last night's show. Probably be just what you suggested.

Return to Top
#385325 - 09/15/05 05:01 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
sarah s Offline
sarah s
Did anyone else catch the comment about the "Rock Star tour"?? I think (like American Idol) they will have a tour with all/most of the contestants. . .not just an INXS tour with the winner. . .that plays into them having the cd with all of them in it, too.

Return to Top
#385326 - 09/19/05 12:52 AM Re: Rock Star INXS
sarah s Offline
sarah s
Recap of the final Sunday show. . .

Marty and Mig think each other is their greatest competition, and neither things JD will win because he's too much of a wild card.

The three remaining contestants were each given a song that Andrew wrote, and told that the next day they would go work with him, to collaborate on a song. Marty and Mig each worked out some lyrics. JD decided to wait until the next day to listen to the song. Andrew was pretty happy with Marty's and Mig's efforts, although he said Mig tended to be too happy and cheerful in his songs and they needed to be darker. He was surprised JD wasn't more prepared, but did say that he thought quickly and they did work out a song. JD's approach was that Andrew is a songwriting genius, and he didn't want to go in with too much prepared.

After that, the guys were given their choice any song done this season for the second song choice. They were told to pick a song which best showed them as an INXS singer. . .JD picked "You Can't Always Get What You Want." I don't remember Marty's song choice, but Mig picked "Bohemiam Rhapsody." Mig said it's his favorite song and he has already shown INXS that he had moved beyond it (and his theatrical past) by letting Suzie sing the song last time, but now he was choosing to do it and was not stepping backward. Marty opined that Mig was on thin ice because he was not showing that he wanted to be part of the band, and was looking like he was stuck in "We Will Rock You."

Prediction: Unless the performances falter, Marty will win because JD wasn't prepared (again) for the songwriting and because Mig will look like he stepped back into theatre.

Return to Top
#385327 - 09/20/05 02:58 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

OH BOY!!! Tonght the band will be complete!

Return to Top
#385328 - 09/20/05 04:17 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
GO MAHTY!

Return to Top
#385329 - 09/21/05 03:20 AM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think that JD might actually win this thing since he sounds almost exactly like Michael Hutchence AND his original song sounded like it came out of the INXS catalog. Now, I wouldn't have said this even last week. I just think he is emerging as the odds-n favorite. If they are looking to go a different direction watch out for Suzie.

I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! This guy is a Michael Hutchence clone. Smart choice.

Return to Top
#385330 - 09/21/05 07:46 AM Re: Rock Star INXS
sarah s Offline
sarah s
Say it isn't so, INXS, say it isn't so!!!!!!!!

Thank God they had Mahhty do enough encores of "Trees" so people will know the song if he indeed is their opening act on the world tour. . .

Return to Top
#385331 - 09/21/05 11:19 AM Re: Rock Star INXS
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Based on voice, he is the correct pick. I still think this whole thing was a publicity stunt and they knew who they were going to pick all along. I don't have a problem with that. I think it was a great idea. If they'd just auditioned and picked a singer, it would have made the music trade magazines and maybe the back pages of your local newspaper.

You don't really think they talked for 3 minutes yesterday and then made their decision on whether Marty or JD would front their band. They were talking about where they were going out after the show. The decision was made long ago.

Here is another game: How long do you think JD will be their lead singer? I give it 3 years and two CDs. The first will go gold based on the momentum from the show. The second won't even go gold.
Last edited by zaibatsu; 09/21/05 12:30 PM.
Return to Top
#385332 - 09/21/05 12:09 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
I am glad it came down to Marty and J.D. I was having difficulty making a decision between the two of them all along. J.D. does have an attitude problem, but hopefully that will go away once he is with the band. I am glad they are going to have Marty as their opener on the world tour. That will give him the start he needs. So, actually we had two winners.

Return to Top
#385333 - 09/21/05 12:49 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was the right choice, definitely. That said, now the world can go back to realizing that INXS is not a great band (never really were), although their band members are certainly now recognizable.

Not sure how everyone else feels, but their debut song last night was not good, and frankly, sounded just like an old INXS song.

Return to Top
#385334 - 09/21/05 01:04 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

That said, now the world can go back to realizing that INXS is not a great band (never really were), although their band members are certainly now recognizable.

I am not sure how you define "great" band, but they probably don't fit the definition. They certainly are (or were) a good band. They have a lot of great songs and two great albums: Listen Like Thieves and Kick.

They certainly are not the Who, the Kinks, the Rolling Stones, or the Beatles.

Return to Top
#385335 - 09/21/05 02:45 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
huntik Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
I feel like Marty got a better deal with second place. He can have his own band now and not be held back by INXS.

Return to Top
#385336 - 09/21/05 03:08 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I'll be watching for Suzie and Mahty to bring out albums, but I won't be buying tickets to INXS or albums by INXS.

Return to Top
#385337 - 09/21/05 03:11 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
huntik Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
I second that!!

Return to Top
#385338 - 09/21/05 03:23 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Suzie and Marty stink. She’s just another chick singer, they’re a dime a dozen.

Marty simply screeches and shakes when he sings, not much talent there.

JD has the best voice for INXS. I never thought they were that good before so I don’t see me buying any of there cd’s now.

Nobody has done enough on these reality talent shows that would make me want to buy anything they record.

Bo, Vonzell, Rueben, Clay, Suzie, Marty, Mig, Jordis, etc…all overrated.

Kelly Clarkson is the only one that had talent. Since her, nothing but lame singers.

Return to Top
#385339 - 09/21/05 03:25 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Thanks for sharing. Now go back under your bridge.

Return to Top
#385340 - 09/21/05 03:31 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

AML - I am not the Anon who posted before you, but that was uncalled for. I think that post was almost dead on accurate.

Return to Top
#385341 - 09/21/05 03:33 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I think Bo has an awesome voice and a great stage presence. And Carrie is a far better singer than Kelly Clarkson, IMHO.

Return to Top
#385342 - 09/21/05 04:01 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

the thing is, I would put marty, jordis, or mig before ANY of the people that went on to "success" after they appeared on idol. of course, maybe im partial to people who can write most of their own songs. that said, kellys newest album was pretty good, since she wrote some of the songs. trees is many times better than any of the singles to come from idol. plus fantasia?!! horse face and no talent macy grey rip off is more apt.

Return to Top
#385343 - 09/21/05 04:11 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I own 5 INXS CDs and have downloaded a number of songs off the CDs I don't own. Two of their CDs I own, Welcome to Wherever You Are and Elegantly Wasted, I would not have bought except former was very cheap (less than a dollar) and my wife bought the latter when it was released.

I have have been a fan since Shabooh, Shoobah. I was a big fan of Listen Like Theives. I did not even buy Kick when it came out. It was the prejudice I tended to have, when I was younger, against bands I liked when they finally made it big. Listening to it now, I can see that, popular or not, Kick was a 5-star classic.

After Kick, the CD X had about four good songs (I think the songs were: Suicide Blonde, Disappear, Bitter Tears, and the Stair), but the rest was too calculated and forgettable. Welcome to Wherever You Are was essentially unheard, but was a different sound for INXS and a very good CD. After that, Full Moon, Dirty Hearts and Elegantly Wasted had about 2 good songs each. That's not much of a recommendation.

The songs they did for the Soundtrack to Lost Boys were strong, particularly, their remake of Good Times (no, not the theme to the TV show), but both of those songs had a guest singer joining Hutchence and crew--Jimmy Barnes (if you haven't heard Jimmy Barnes and INXS do Good Times, you should.)

All in all, INXS have 2 "must have" albums (Listen and Kick) and enough good music to fill a two disc best of (say, about 35-40 songs).

If they are not your taste or in a genre you dislike, then obviously, you can disregard everything I have said.

Return to Top
#385344 - 09/21/05 04:23 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I love how everyone is so afraid to show their screen names when they are speaking their opinions. Why is that? Aren't we all adults? This 'anon' crap is trite.

Return to Top
#385345 - 09/21/05 04:35 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

post #430989 was mine, and i dont have a screen name yet, but i just had to throw in my two cents. theirs only two things in this world im scared of. one is god and the second is my momma. i dont care if you like my opinion or not, in the grand scheme of things it is not that important to anyone. i just stated my opinion take it for what it is worth.

Return to Top
#385346 - 09/21/05 04:37 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I love how everyone is so afraid to show their screen names when they are speaking their opinions. Why is that? Aren't we all adults? This 'anon' crap is trite.

I love how you didn't give your opinion of the singers. What are you afraid of?

Return to Top
#385347 - 09/21/05 04:38 PM Re: Rock Star INXS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If the posts are opinions that do not offend anyone and especially if they are in line with what others are saying, why do you care if there is a post name with it? I agree that people who post inflammatory posts anon are just stirring up trouble, but because you have a poster name, does that give you the right to post whatever you want?

Return to Top
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12