Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Thread Options
#386794 - 07/22/05 02:15 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Okay, you drew me into this one. This is really far-fetched - do you suppose Snape is really James Potter in disguise? OR that Snape is related to Harry or Dumbledore in some way that we won't be told of until later?

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#386795 - 07/22/05 02:57 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I've got to get the other books and read, read, read- you guys are driving me crazy!A good crazy!

Return to Top
#386796 - 07/22/05 03:39 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Me too!!! I read book 5, but like most things lately I don't remember much of it. Now that I'm done with book 6, I'm going to go back and read 5.

Return to Top
#386797 - 07/22/05 05:09 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
wow lots of posts since i was on here yesterday...
i don't think harry is a Horcrux, for one because LV would not have had a chance to create one, as i think it is a very timely and difficult magic. and 2, DD tells harry that it's not advisable to even use an animal for one, so a human would worse. I think you have to look at things that are significant to LV, he likes trophies... the necklace, the diary, the ring all are physical representations of who he is... one could be in Hogawarts, perhaps his trophey for special merit (which he would have found ironic as it was he who opened the chamber not Hagird).

i don't think snape is anyone other than who he is, although he could be related to others through his mother, who was pureblood... think how the blacks and lestranges and even the weasleys are all related. did anyone pick up on the first discription of merope (lv's mom) how it sounded much like how they describe snape (hair and such)... just thought that was interesting.
also i'm not sure snape is the HBP... couple of reasons why:
1: JK gave a discription of the HBP months ago and it was the MoM she described.
2: the book is over 50 years old... that would put it back to LV's days... roughly snapes grandparent's age range. now it could have been handed down though.
3: as a member of slytherin, why would he be proud of his half blood status... think about the fact that only like 4 people actually know that LV is mixed blood. (Harry, DD, LV and wormtail from the conversation at the grave in Goblet) and certainly no one knew back in the day that he wasn't pure blood, so if snape was wanting to copy LV, he wouldn't have been bragging about his parentage.

Return to Top
#386798 - 07/22/05 05:21 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
"1: JK gave a discription of the HBP months ago and it was the MoM she described."

If you look back at that specific quote, people were specualting whether or not it was the HBP. Everyone assumed (myself included) that it was the HBP. It was all we were thinking about at the time. JK never said for certain that it was the HBP. It was the MoM the entire time. I do wonder, however, if the MoM has something to do with Godric Gryffindor. He was described as having many lion-esque features.
Last edited by bucket; 07/30/05 03:13 PM.
Return to Top
#386799 - 07/22/05 05:36 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
Remember when Harry was taking his occlumency classes with Snape and he broke into one of Snapes early memories. His mother was being yelled at by a man. What if LV is Snape’s Dad?

Return to Top
#386800 - 07/22/05 06:05 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
At the end of HBP, Hermione says that what's-her-name Prince married a muggle named Tobias Black. Doesn't rule out LV being Snape's dad, but if Hermione is right, then he's not.

Return to Top
#386801 - 07/22/05 06:05 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe that is why Snape would take out certain memories of his before he and Harry started their lesson. It could have been something incriminating to himself.

Return to Top
#386802 - 07/22/05 06:20 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
Perhaps it was the "Worst Memory" that HP later visited inside of Snape's Pensieve...

Return to Top
#386803 - 07/22/05 06:31 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I don't remember harry visiting snapes pensieve. I don't even remember that snape had his own.

Return to Top
#386804 - 07/22/05 06:54 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
It's really DD's pensive, but snape used it when he was working with Harry in OTP.
I doubt LV is snape's father or grandfather as I can't see him getting close enough to any person to create a child... but you never know... I think LV would see a child as a weakness. I think Snape and LV's parentage have some similarities, but I think those links would not have been known to either one.
Snape's worse memory is that of the James/ Sirius/ lily situation where James used his own spell against him (if snape is the HBP), and humliated him in front of numerous people. it has been suggested that what made it his worst was what he said to Lily(not needing the help of a filthly mud blood), rather than what james of sirius did. Lily may have been the only person other than DD to defend snape. and so perhaps he had more feelings for her than let on... why else would he have felt bad that LV killed them.
the other thing i keep thinking of is the fact that time and time and time again they bring up how good Lily was at charms and slughorn said she was even better at potions than even snape... perhaps not all of the writing in the book was his (notice hermione says the handwriting looks like a girls)
Last edited by skye2477; 07/22/05 06:56 PM.

Return to Top
#386805 - 07/22/05 06:58 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
snape and LV couldn't be father and son, they are both half blood...

Return to Top
#386806 - 07/22/05 07:32 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Tobias Black?....any relation to Sirius and RAB?

Return to Top
#386807 - 07/22/05 07:38 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry - Tobias Snape. Guess I had Sirius on the mind.

ZD

Return to Top
#386808 - 07/22/05 07:47 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
ok, back on track.

Skye, re:#2 - I thought the book was Snape's mother's. HP is 16, James, Lily, Snape are all contemporaries that are one generation older. Whose contemporary is LV, Snape's or Snape's mother's? Tom Riddle was at Hogwarts with Hagrid and DD was a teacher then, right? Wasn't Hagrid there at the same time as James, et al?

Return to Top
#386809 - 07/22/05 08:06 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
hagrid was there at the time of LV, though younger than LV... (CoS... it was Riddle who told that hagrid opened the chamber, which is why hagrid was expelled and why LV got a special school award) if Harry and gang are there in the 90's; then james and the gang would have been in the 70's- (given the climate of the times, i doubt many of them waited very long to have kids(H,R and H were all born in 1980)), so i would say snape's mother would have been at hogwarts around the 50's maybe late 40's... maybe it was her book orginally and snape had it when he went to school...

Return to Top
#386810 - 07/22/05 09:38 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
That's what I think (about the potions book)too. Now we need to figure what Snape's mother and Lily did with their extraordinary abilities in potions and charms respectively.

? Who were Lily and James' parents and what was their relationship to Snape's mom?

Return to Top
#386811 - 07/23/05 03:05 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone posted earlier about another Horcrux that Voldemort could have used, that has been there all along and is so obvious; The Sorting Hat. In the 4th book, the hat mentioned that he used to belong to Gryffindor. If that is not a symbol of Hogwarts, I can't think what else could be.

Return to Top
#386812 - 07/23/05 04:20 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
OMG!!! I love that theory! Could you imagine what that would mean on so many different levels if the sorting hat had to be destroyed?...

Return to Top
#386813 - 07/23/05 05:01 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Blind Guardian Offline
Platinum Poster
And if you noticed, his warnings become greater with each year. That would be something if they had to destroy the hat.

Has anyone seen previews of the new movie yet?

Return to Top
#386814 - 07/23/05 06:11 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
I like where this is going. DD said that LV would want something that was owned by all 4 founders. Clearly he couldn't get the sword, so the hat would be so ironic and the next logical choice. But I wonder when he would have been able to make a horcrux out of it...hmmmm...

The teaser trailer can be seen online @ gobletoffire.com. They have recently updated the site from a Maurader's Map background, to one that reflects the Triwizard Tournament.

Return to Top
#386815 - 07/25/05 03:43 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
In book 6, we missed the sorting. I wonder what the hat would have said. That idea is a good one. I can't wait to find out.

Return to Top
#386816 - 07/25/05 04:47 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
JK Rowling gave an interview to 2 people who run two of the larger HP websites (mugglenet and the leaky cauldron) and it seems that hat does have soem import. check they're websites for the interview.

Return to Top
#386817 - 07/25/05 07:20 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
NY2004 Offline
I read those and missed the hat stuff. Do you know which part of the interview has that?

Return to Top
#386818 - 07/25/05 07:47 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Ok...I finished it. I was very sad that DD died, but I think he knew it was coming. Before he and Harry left that night he made sure that Harry agreed to obey his orders, no matter what...even if that meant saving himself and letting DD die. I don't think he was convinced when Harry said he would, so that's why he froze him. I still don't know what to make of Snape.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13