Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Thread Options
#386769 - 07/21/05 06:01 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I thought the same thing when Dumbledore mentioned that Nadini may be a horcrux.
Wouldn't that mean that BOTH harry and voldemort would have to die?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#386770 - 07/21/05 06:32 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
I am apt to believe that Harry is not a horcrux. If Voldemort cannot stand to possess Harry, how could part of his spirit live there? You would think that Harry's love would destroy the horcrux.

Plus, it sounds like V had to make a decision to make a horcrux. If he didn't think Harry would survive, why make Harry a horcrux? If he did make Harry a horcrux, I would guess that there are 8 horcruxes, not seven. It would have been completely accidental.

I do think the 7th horcrux is something that has been present in all seven books, and is so obvious we will all wonder how we missed it.

Return to Top
#386771 - 07/21/05 07:30 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
"He will have powers the Dark Lord does not know about"

Wasn't this part of the prophecy?? I think that this is HP's friends. These are people who love him and would sacrifice their lives to protect him. LV Deatheaters are not his friends. They fear him and his power but LV has never had a friend or anyone that really cared about him. DD really stressed this in book 6.

Also after the funeral, HP said again that DD will not every be gone when there are those loyal to him. I wonder if Fawlkes(sp) will come back to Harry (like in book 2)?

Return to Top
#386772 - 07/21/05 07:38 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
ZD, as I read your post it came to me that the "the 7th horcrux is something that has been present in all seven books, and is so obvious we will all wonder how we missed it" is Hogwarts. It's the only place LV felt at home. It's where he came to get a body back. I think that everything points to Hogwarts. Now the question is where in Hogwarts?

Return to Top
#386773 - 07/21/05 07:42 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it will come down to Snape destroying Voldemort. Or, you could go Star Wars with this one and have Snape destroy Voldemort and admit to Harry that he is his father.

Seriously, I think Snape still has a huge part to play in this. Dumbledore stresses that he trusts Snape and he says this, yet again just before he gets blasted by Snape's curse.

Return to Top
#386774 - 07/21/05 07:43 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
I agree, but he has to kill someone to make it.

Maybe it's the "points" hourglass for Gryffindor!

Return to Top
#386775 - 07/21/05 08:00 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

I agree, but he has to kill someone to make it.

Maybe it's the "points" hourglass for Gryffindor!

The hourglass got broken during all the comotion, that would have killed that part of the soul.

Return to Top
#386776 - 07/21/05 08:06 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
I had forgotten that he had to kill to create one. He only killed one person that we know of while at Hogwarts - Moaning Myrtle. I am assuming he used that killing to create the diary.

If it was the hour glass, I wonder how Harry (or anyone else) would know that it a) was the horcrux, and b)therefore only three remained.

Another thought - if it was the hourglass, would repairing it (as I am sure McG will do) keep the horcrux in place?

Return to Top
#386777 - 07/21/05 08:06 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Wow, now that's a thought. It could be possible.

Return to Top
#386778 - 07/21/05 08:19 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Sorry, my response above was to Hermiones post about Harry possibly be a horcrux.

Return to Top
#386779 - 07/21/05 08:21 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
OK, I can't stand it anymore. What's the speculation on the "fake" horcrux (the locket with the note from RAB)? We've covered who RAB might be, but what about a) why would he go the the trouble of placing a fake, and b) how would he have restored the protecting curses?

Return to Top
#386780 - 07/21/05 08:23 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Didn't Riddle also kill Frank the gardener?

How come nothing has taken place at Harry's parents house? What role might Hagrid also play because he knew Tom when they went to school.

Return to Top
#386781 - 07/21/05 08:40 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Don't hold with either Snape killing LV or Harry dying. JK is a tough writer but her intended audience is children and the books continue to teach basic lessons. I think (yes, you can read that as hope too) that the hero must win out.

bg, where's Harry's parents' house? Wasn't it destoyed by LV the night HP got his scar?

Becca, your a) point in particular is intriguing. The fake opens up the possiblity that LV might not know when a piece is destroyed OR maybe the piece RAB took is still intact and it will figure into HP's ability to destroy LV.

Return to Top
#386782 - 07/21/05 08:47 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
Do you think HP is going to have to work backward to find out who LV killed and then determine if this person was worth a piece of his soul? I think HP parents might be one of them, but where is it kept?

Return to Top
#386783 - 07/21/05 08:58 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
What am I missing? How could LV have to kill to create one if he is using both the locket and the cup? He got them from the same person so it's only one death there.

Return to Top
#386784 - 07/21/05 09:04 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Harry's parents lived at Godric's Hollow. I think Harry mentioned at the end of HBP about going there. I guess going back to where it all started.
Just a random thought, isn't Godric Gryffindor's first name?

Return to Top
#386785 - 07/21/05 09:16 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
Hermione - you just earned your name. I hadn't made that connection. V was probably planning on making the Horcrux after killing HP or his parents. I still don't HP can be the horcrux, but something at Godric's Hollow just may be.

Or, perhaps V lost that horcrux when his spell rebounded and hit him - leaving only three left to destroy.

Return to Top
#386786 - 07/21/05 09:21 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
whoo hoo!
I love this thread. We can all work out the clues together, then wait two years to see if we are right.

Return to Top
#386787 - 07/21/05 09:34 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
I don’t know, but I think that Dumbledore is great wizard who knows what he is doing and I don’t think we are all allowed to hate Snape…just yet. I think Snape is doing a good job at playing the double agent role and I want to hope that he is really working for the good side.
Chapter 2 states (pg. 36) “(Snape’s hand twitched within hers, but he did not draw away)”. With that, Snape knew that he had placed himself in a bind. He had to protect Draco in order to protect his own life.

ALSO, If you read back, before Snape kills him, it says that Dumbledore was pleading (pg. 595) It also said that there was revulsion and hatred in Snape’s eyes. Now here’s my take on this:
1. Dumbledore knew about the vow made between Narcissa and Snape. DD knew if Draco killed him (which he wouldn’t have IMHO) then Snape would have died for not holding up his end of the bargain. Draco is still a kid. He can talk the talk all day long, but when he had the chance to kill DD, he just couldn’t do it.
2. We also know that a person must have a lot of hate in their heart in order to perform an Unforgivable Curse. That is why Harry’s curse did not work on Bellatrix in the Ministry at the end of book 5. The book (see above) said there was revulsion AND hatred in Snape’s eyes. He had to muster up enough hate within himself to carry out what he had to do and at the same time was regretting what he had to do for the sake of the “Order” and the rest of the wizarding world.
3. DD knows that there is more that Snape has to do to fight the good fight. I think DD knows that he has lived his life (according to JK, he was 157 at the end) and will still be able to help in some ways through his picture on the wall in the office. I mean, really, THINK about it. Would DD really plead for someone NOT to kill him? He would look death straight in the eye and be able to face what was coming.

ZD, I don’t think Riddle killed anyone (directly, that is) while @ Hogwarts. Moaning Myrtle died as a result of looking the basilisk in the eye. AND she never came out of Voldemort’s wand in the cemetery at the end of GOF. Which btw didn’t happen at Hogwarts. The trophy at the end of the maze was a portkey that took them to the cemetery where Riddle’s father was buried. I also don’t think that he would have to “figure out” WHO Voldemort killed. All the people sorta came out backwards from his wand in the struggle in the cemetery.

These are just my opinions. I look forward to what everyone else has to say about these. On a side note, there are interviews that JK did after the release where she answers some pretty interesting questions. One of the things she touched on was that When Voldemort went to Godric’s Hollow, to kill Harry’s parents, she said that James was killed immediately and that Lily was asked several times to simply give Harry up to Voldemort. JK wouldn’t comment anymore on WHY she was given ample opportunity, which had me thinking even more. JK also said that revealing Snape’s boggart and patronus would give too much away. I wonder what they could be….

Yes, Hermione, Godric IS Gryffindor’s first name. And for future reference: Salazaar Slytherin, Helga Hufflepuff and Rowena Ravenclaw.

Return to Top
#386788 - 07/21/05 09:47 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

maybe v could have done something to snape. he seems to be his most trusted "dude" and that his mission is so top-secret from everyone else's. snape, i think is still torn between voldemort and dumbledore.

could wormtail have hidden something at the weasley's house for voldemort? he was with them for a long time without them knowing his true identity.

Return to Top
#386789 - 07/21/05 09:54 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
Ron's MOM's Clock!!!

Return to Top
#386790 - 07/21/05 11:35 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
DD told Harry that the "...power he has that the Dark Lord knows not...," is love. It's at the end of the chapter on Horcruxes.

Return to Top
#386791 - 07/21/05 11:57 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
so, do you think harry will kill LV with love??? Harry wouldn't give up half his soul.

Return to Top
#386792 - 07/22/05 12:07 AM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
No, that's not what I meant. It was in response to the post that said the power was his friends...I really don't know if either one of them (LV or HP)will die and if they do who will be responsible for it.

Return to Top
#386793 - 07/22/05 01:18 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
In reference to all the people that V killed coming out of his wand in GOF, don't forget that we know of at least 2 murders that he committed without using his own wand: he used his uncle's wand to kill his father and grandparents, and he Imperiused the house elf into killing the woman who had the locket and tea cup. We also know that he saved "special" killings to make the horcruxes, so he wouldn't have necessarily made one every time he killed - otherwise there would be dozens of them.

Truffle - I'm much more curious as to WHY RAB would have bothered to place a fake than with what the real locket's fate may be. Unless RAB knows far more about V and how to kill him than we are being led to believe, why would he have made it so personal as to leave that note? Someone simply out to destroy V would have just taken the locket and gone, like DD and Harry did.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13