Learn More - Click Here!

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Thread Options
#387019 - 08/22/05 06:12 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Perhaps Draco's mother was Snape's secret love and she knows she can trust him completely.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#387020 - 08/22/05 06:13 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
NY2004 Offline
He is taking very seriously the task he was given and he wants to do it alone with no help. He is afraid that if Snape finds out what he is planning, that snape will take over. Draco is determined to prove himself.

Return to Top
#387021 - 08/22/05 07:29 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Nah, not buying it, NY. Draco has always gotten someone else to do his dirty work and even threatens that in this book. I too think it has something to do with his mother. Draco is nothing more than a bully and not the sharpest crayon in the box. I'm wondering if he was told to give Snape a wide berth either by Auntie Bellatrix or LV himself.

Return to Top
#387022 - 08/22/05 09:34 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
Sorry, waldensouth, I don't think there was anything ever between Narcissa and Snape. There has never even been (to MY knowledge...) anything that suggested that Narcissa even WENT to Hogwarts (or Lucius, for that matter). IMO, I think that Snape was in love with Lily, or the two shared some secret. There is something there. I'm almost CERTAIN of it.

I agree, NY. Draco is determined to prove himself in this book, but does fall off in the end. He wants to be bad with every fiber of his being, but isn't evil enough to kill anyone.

I'm pretty sure Truffle, that Bellatrix DID tell Draco to steer clear of Snape, because she doesn't trust him. Bellatrix taught Draco Occlumency because she thought Snape would try to thwart his efforts in order to save the good side. Draco thinks he learned so Snape couldn't intercede his thoughts and steal his glory for the bad side.

...again, this is just what I think...

Return to Top
#387023 - 08/23/05 11:35 AM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think DD will show up as a talking portrait in his old office, like all the other old headmasters of Hogwarts.

Return to Top
#387024 - 08/23/05 05:37 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

just finished HBP last night...what a great book, although, I too was disappointed in DD's death and Snapes actions. I agree with some of the posters here who have speculated as to whether or not DD is really dead and if Snape is really with LV. I always try and look for the good in people and Snape was no different. He is one of those characters I love to hate, but with DD's longstanding trust, I too as a reader have chosen to trust him this whole time. I would hate to be disappointed! I hope that it is all part of the plan and he truely is on DD's side. We'll see....counting down the days until the next movie in November....will have to reread the GOF.

Return to Top
#387025 - 08/23/05 06:03 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
JKhain Offline
100 Club
JKhain
Columbia MO
DD wanted to see Snape upon arriving back at the castle. This would seem to indiacate a few potentials. First, that his health was poor enough that he couldn't be cured; 2nd, he and Snape had spoken and Snape was already aware of the potential problem and was doing as DD had ordered him. Afterall, DD made HP promise to do anything that was asked of him; 3rd, Snape was keeping that particular level of change from Draco, as this was too evil for Draco. Snape really had nothing to lose, whereas Draco could still be brought to the good side, what with pressure from LV on him; 4th, Snape is really as bad as we fear. LOL

Return to Top
#387026 - 08/23/05 07:34 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

apologize if this has already been covered, but is it possible that Aragog was a horecrux? I can't help but think his death in HBP was more than just a filler?

Return to Top
#387027 - 08/23/05 07:36 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
doubt he was a horcrux, but definitely think that he will play a vital role in the next book.

Return to Top
#387028 - 08/23/05 07:38 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

doubt he was a horcrux, but definitely think that he will play a vital role in the next book.

How so? Pure speculation or is there something I missed that leads you to this?

Return to Top
#387029 - 08/23/05 07:56 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
Sort of both...I mean, why would JK throw in a character like Aragog if he didn't really mean anything. Her side notes and minor characters ALWAYS mean something in the end...nothing to shocking has been revealed about him or the spider situation yet...

Return to Top
#387030 - 08/23/05 08:01 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
It may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, but I think that Aragog's death means that there are now places in the forbidden forest that Hagrid can't go. The only reason the spiders didn't attack Hagrid earlier is that Aragog wouldn't let them.

That may play a huge part in the next book - a place that close to Hogwarts that is now out of wizard control?

Return to Top
#387031 - 08/23/05 08:05 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Forgive me I've forgotten names and exact events...What about the teacher/guy that went to the "funeral" with Harry. He collected Aragog's blood or venom or something and thought it would be worth a fortune. Could that blood/venom possibly come back into play in the last book?

Return to Top
#387032 - 08/23/05 08:05 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I agree, I think it was Hagrid that said he was no longer accepted in the forbidden forest. Aragog was the last one that trusted him. I think the forest is gonna play a big role, and now it is gonna be more evil than before since the "good" characters are no longer there.

Return to Top
#387033 - 08/23/05 08:19 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Forgive me I've forgotten names and exact events...What about the teacher/guy that went to the "funeral" with Harry. He collected Aragog's blood or venom or something and thought it would be worth a fortune. Could that blood/venom possibly come back into play in the last book?

I just finished the book last night and although Slughorn had mentioned going to the funeral to collect the venom, I don't recall that he acutally did. He went, admired the beast, and proceeded to get drunk.

Return to Top
#387034 - 08/23/05 08:22 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I believe Slughorn did collect the venom, because Harry distracted Hagrid. It was whild Slughorn was drunk that Harry collected the memory.

Return to Top
#387035 - 08/23/05 08:25 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
JKhain Offline
100 Club
JKhain
Columbia MO
RE Slughorn, he did collect the venom.
RE The Forset, I expect that since it is out of bounds to the wizarding community, there is a possiblity that the spiders could easily fall under LV control. I have no real basis for that other than Aragog controlled them to protect Hagrid. I can only assume that they can be controlled by others, and that they'd be bad because, frankly, spiders freak me out.

Return to Top
#387036 - 08/24/05 12:27 AM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Quote:

Aragog's death coupled with the centar becoming a teacher removes all of Hagrid's friends in the forest. Remember, both the spiders and the rest of the centars were on Hagrid's back about not being their friend anymore. I think this opens up a place where LV has hidden before that's right next door to Hogwart's. They'll all end up there in 7, maybe for the final showdown.

This was my post back on page 6 of this thread. There are some other interesting comments on Aragog back there too.

Return to Top
#387037 - 08/24/05 12:36 AM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Wishidwrittenit Offline
New Poster
INDIANA
I still believe that Snape is good ... hope I am not wrong

Return to Top
#387038 - 08/24/05 12:54 AM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Wishidwrittenit Offline
New Poster
INDIANA
?

Return to Top
#387039 - 08/24/05 01:55 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I keep coming back to the significance of Hogwarts castle itself. DD works very hard to impress upon Harry the reverence that LV held for the building. It was the only place he ever truly called home, etc. He also tells Harry repeatedly that the castle is a "fortress of ancient magic", and that even he doesn't know all of its secrets.

The other thing that bothers me - Slytherin was male. Why did he have an insignia locket?

Return to Top
#387040 - 08/24/05 10:59 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
family heirloom?

Return to Top
#387041 - 08/25/05 04:39 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
good call Becca... never really thought it that way, but don't kings and the like often have necklaces (for lack of the exact title) that they wear with their "get up"... (thinking famous painting of henry the 8th)... maybe it was something like that. i'd like to know the backgrounds of the founders... were all the slytherin's like him?

Return to Top
#387042 - 08/28/05 01:10 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I keep coming back to the significance of Hogwarts castle itself. DD works very hard to impress upon Harry the reverence that LV held for the building. It was the only place he ever truly called home, etc. He also tells Harry repeatedly that the castle is a "fortress of ancient magic", and that even he doesn't know all of its secrets.

The castle is also the only place Harry feels at home in. could there be a connection????
---------------------------------------Ashritha

Return to Top
#387043 - 08/28/05 08:10 PM Re: HP6** SPOILER WARNING**
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Hey, Ashritha, that's the connection none of us has made yet! Great point.

Bucket, in case you come back here today, LEAVE!!! It's much too beautiful a birthday to spend on an HP6 thread no matter how brilliant Ashritha's point is. Hope you're enjoying it fully.

Return to Top
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13