Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#389248 - 07/21/05 07:17 PM London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was watching a session of the British parliament on C-SPAN last night (how boring is my life) and was surprised at the touchy feely tone of the debate about the last bombings in London.

However what surprised me most was that one of the Muslim members of parliament kept on insisting that any new legislation tightening security in U.K had to brought before the Muslim community for their review and approval. And the shocker? The British Home Secretary seemed to agree with him.

Also, while a serious debate was going on in the house about those who died, two of the Muslim members (Keith Vaz and Sadiq Khan) were talking into each other’s ears and having a good laugh – all in full view of the house. This was yesterday – and I am pretty sure they must have known what was coming today.

The enemy within will kill us all – remember one thing – Islam does not mean peace, it means submission, and it’s not a religion that can co-exist – it’s followers will only rest once it becomes the dominant religion.

By the way, have seen any church in Saudi Arabia? So why do they insist for a mosque in the country they live in. Freedom of religion is for religions, not for death cults.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#389249 - 07/21/05 07:38 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
However what surprised me most was that one of the Muslim members of parliament kept on insisting that any new legislation tightening security in U.K had to brought before the Muslim community for their review and approval. And the shocker? The British Home Secretary seemed to agree with him.

WOW!! That kind of blows me away that they agreed with them, I juat don't understand, why won't they make a desicion based on there country and what it needs, not to get permission from the Muslim community

Return to Top
#389250 - 07/21/05 08:09 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to hear another take on this. This seems to be an anti-muslim rant, not some objective observation or analysis.

Return to Top
#389251 - 07/21/05 08:21 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I would like to hear another take on this. This seems to be an anti-muslim rant, not some objective observation or analysis.

Cowards die many times before their death....

Return to Top
#389252 - 07/21/05 08:23 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great answer. Anybody without a red crusader cross on their chest?

Return to Top
#389253 - 07/21/05 08:38 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My town in Cal (70 mile West of Lake Tahoe), which I have to admit is predominantly populated with Caucasians, just approved a 3900 sq ft mosque being built in the middle of an affluent housing subdivision. Homes in this area average $600k.

The city council met behind closed doors and approved this construction - plus they also approved for a loudspeaker to blast out daily prayer calls 5 times a day.

Incidentally, a few miles away a Hindu temple was closed down because the neighbors complained about the noise from the prayer hymns.

Is this double standard because the Hindus don’t blow themselves up or are people now plain intimidated to stand up against Muslims and they are getting whatever they want?

Return to Top
#389254 - 07/21/05 08:41 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cowardice is closed mindedness, don't sweat it anon, he (the other anon) just dissed himself.

Open mindedness is the opposite of cowardice because you are willing to face the complexities of life, not just the veiwpoints that your comfortable with.

(Now watch them prove my point.)

Return to Top
#389255 - 07/21/05 09:59 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

I was watching a session of the British parliament on C-SPAN last night (how boring is my life) and was surprised at the touchy feely tone of the debate about the last bombings in London.

I wouldn't be too put off by the tone of these meetings. I've watched Parliment sessions before and noticed that their "discussions" are generally more "nice" than US congressional debates. I noticed that when they rip into each other they smile a lot. They sometimes even seem to be truly enjoying each other's witty remarks. I think that is a bit decieving to Americans, because I pick up on the fact that there is a undercurrent of animosity flowing just below the surface.

So, while they may seem a bit relaxed and polite, I don't think they always really are.

-- HS

Return to Top
#389256 - 07/22/05 12:02 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Regional and cultural differences do count for a lot. I remember a New Yorker cartoon where a guy from L.A. and a guy from New York meet on the street.

The guy from L.A. says "Have a nice day.", but thinks "F&&k you!"
The guy from New York says "F&&k you!" but thinks "Have nice day."

Return to Top
#389257 - 07/22/05 08:10 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Thank God American is not full of these anon prejudice jerks. While discussing the Brits who are "de-balled" consider your own prediciment...which seems to be "de-brained"

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#389258 - 07/22/05 08:16 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

Thank God American is not full of these anon prejudice jerks. While discussing the Brits who are "de-balled" consider your own prediciment...which seems to be "de-brained"

What are you addressing? Honestly, it does seem to me that they are almost condoning the attacks by refusing to call the bombers terrorists, etc. Why must we coddle people these days?
Last edited by MarkinFlorida; 07/22/05 08:18 PM.

Return to Top
#389259 - 07/23/05 05:24 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage

Return to Top
#389260 - 07/25/05 03:24 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Quote:

Great answer. Anybody without a red crusader cross on their chest?

When I immigrated to the US, from the UK, I did so knowing that I would be subject to US laws, current and future, and did not expect that future changes to the law would be submitted to representatives of the British expat community for their prior approval. The muslim community in the UK should be advised that they are subject to British laws, and if they don't find the laws agreeable they are welcome to leave.

Return to Top
#389261 - 07/25/05 07:55 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I recant my earlier post after they tackled that guy and pumped five caps into his head and torso.

Terrible that they got the wrong guy......

Return to Top
#389262 - 07/25/05 08:00 PM Re: London Bombing: Are Brits too soft and de-balled?
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Quote:

.... Terrible that they got the wrong guy......

He might have been "innocent" in terms of suicide bombing, but he was an illegal immigrant, which I presume is at least part of why he legged it when challenged.

Return to Top