Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#390830 - 07/25/05 05:06 PM Interagency Stmt on Derivatives for Mortgage loans
Auditjg Offline
Auditjg
Is there anyone out there that can help with the new Interagency stmt on accounting and reporting for commitments to originate and sell mortgage loans. I'm curious as to a better interpretation on how to calculate the FMV of interest rate locked loans. Is is prudent that we are basically running another "lock" to find out what we will be making at the quarter end. I guess I'm confused why our mortgage dept. is doing this since we would not be making that amount. In actuality, we would be making the amount at the time we locked the loan. Hopefully this makes sense...any clarifications would be much appreciated!!

Return to Top
Audit
#390831 - 07/26/05 06:53 PM Re: Interagency Stmt on Derivatives for Mortgage loans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good luck, you're not alone in trying to figure out FAS133. Even the external auditors can't give clear guidance on what it means.

Return to Top
#390832 - 11/02/05 11:53 PM Re: Interagency Stmt on Derivatives for Mortgage loans
SavannahOne Offline
Diamond Poster
Georgia
PS - Your CFO or accounting should be in charge of figuring out FMVs on rate locks, not the mortgage department.

Return to Top
#390833 - 11/03/05 06:57 PM Re: Interagency Stmt on Derivatives for Mortgage loans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z