Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#39145 - 10/26/02 05:12 PM Payment of Savings Account Interest
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
We are considering combining demand deposit and savings statements, but not changing the quarterly payment of interest on savings accounts (calendar quarter). That means that the demand deposit statement may cycle during the month, but a payment of interest on savings would be made at month-end each quarter.

Is there a compliance issue here, e.g. need to issue statement when interest is paid? I'm thinking that there may be customer confusion, so the monthly payment of interest, on savings accounts, is also being considered.

Input/insight would be appreciated.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#39146 - 10/26/02 08:14 PM Re: Payment of Savings Account Interest
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Won't the statement history show the date and amount the of interest as well as the APY for the applicable account(s)?

We haven't gone to this yet, but I know many others have. So long as the statement requirements are met in "DD", you should be fine. There are no special rules requiring segregation.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#39147 - 10/27/02 04:38 PM Re: Payment of Savings Account Interest
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
Thanks for the reply, Andy.

The statement will show the interest payment separately, and APY, so it looks like we will be O.K.

Return to Top