Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#392783 - 07/28/05 03:11 PM Disable posting for unregistereds
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it just me, or are there a lot of knuckleheads posting anonymously lately? BOL should require folks to register a name before allowing them to post. It'll cut down on the assinine posts, and allow the moderators to identify people that post ignorant degrading crap.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#392784 - 07/28/05 03:14 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Anonymous
Unregistered

That would help, but not all knuckleheads are anonymous. Some have registered.

Return to Top
#392785 - 07/28/05 03:16 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have, haven't I?

Return to Top
#392786 - 07/28/05 03:20 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Most anonymous posts that are inflammatory in nature are located within the watercooler, which, while a fun distraction from work, is not the purpose of bankers online.

My main haunt is the Ebanking / Technology forum and I've always found everyone to be extremely helpful and civil.

Maybe I should start a Mac vs. Windows vs. Linux thread in there to shake things up

Return to Top
#392787 - 07/28/05 03:22 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:

That would help, but not all knuckleheads are anonymous. Some have registered.

I predict that unlike Jane Fonda, abortion and the war in Iraq, there will not be any meaningless debate on that point. The difference is, registered users can put other registered users on "ignore," keeping the moderators out of their sand box management role.

Return to Top
#392788 - 07/28/05 03:25 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't get me wrong, debating politics and everything is fine by me, but some of these threads this morning are just plain worthless and hurtful. Just an observation.

Return to Top
#392789 - 07/28/05 03:42 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Anonymous
Unregistered

B-Dubya-

I think there are unregisturds and unregistereds. The *turds will get bored of posting their drivel and leave. The *tereds (like me) are usually lurkers who enjoy the community here, post occasional threads but for the most part just enjoy the people and the repartee.

The best thing to do with the *turds is to ignore their posts, moderate them by letting them drop off the page.

Just my .03 (inflation)

Return to Top
#392790 - 07/28/05 04:16 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Why not force everyone to register, but allow them to post anonymously once they are registered? That way you get rid of the idiots posting about [censored] peas without taking away the ability to post anonymously on sensitive questions.

Return to Top
#392791 - 07/28/05 05:08 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

Why not force everyone to register, but allow them to post anonymously once they are registered? That way you get rid of the idiots posting about [censored] peas without taking away the ability to post anonymously on sensitive questions.

How would that get rid of anything? They are still going to be able to post anonymously...

Return to Top
#392792 - 07/28/05 06:10 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

How would that get rid of anything? They are still going to be able to post anonymously...

Because at least then the admins can easily ban them because they are a registered user, with a registered email address and ip address. Their posts would simply show up as anon.

Return to Top
#392793 - 07/28/05 06:11 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
How about if they make it so we can ignore Anons...

Return to Top
#392794 - 07/28/05 06:47 PM Re: Disable posting for unregistereds
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
I can see good reasons for people to want to post anonymously on the "technical" boards, but I see no good reason for being able to post anonymously on the Water Cooler board so why not prohibit anonymous posts here? - After all, we're all just friends here, aren't we?

Return to Top