Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#393127 - 07/28/05 06:46 PM OFAC checker
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am doing some research on software that will search our database for OFAC compliance. We are a small community bank and our data is processed by an outside third party. Our outside third party has available a Module that will weekly do this search on the database. However, I'm not sure whether this will be able to search our wire transactions.
I have researched other vendors, and Bridger Insight has caught my eye due to the fact that it will allow you to scrub your database against OFAC plus an additional 20 watch lists. It also happens to cost a little less than our dataprocessor module price. However, the concern I have here it that we would have to somehow run this against our database ourselves. Maybe by some type of file, etc......Just not sure.
Is anyone else running Bridger that can give me some of the details? Or is there another system that you like better?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#393128 - 07/28/05 07:15 PM Re: OFAC checker
Anonymous
Unregistered

We recently bought software to run some of our databases through. It is called Attus Technologies OFAC WatchDOG. They have a web site www.attustech.com
I watched the demos on both Attus and Bridgers and I thought Attus seemed a lot easier to run. Good Luck.

Return to Top
#393129 - 07/28/05 08:37 PM Re: OFAC checker
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks so much for the info.

Return to Top
#393130 - 07/29/05 05:44 PM Re: OFAC checker
murphysgirl Offline
Gold Star
murphysgirl
Home of the Red Sox
We use Bridger I just took over OFAC and it is really easy with this software. We are also a small community bank. Bridger is updated weekly and as major OFAC changes occur the aggregate names as well as the new ones are run against my entire data base (I usually run the file on Tueday's) and any matches come up automatically. I then investigate the matches- there is an automatic reporting system and nice reports for your Audit Committee. Not cheap but efficient and it saves a part-time body and that is a plus. We check all wires against the system on a case by case and any non-customer transactions are also run through at the line. Everyone in this bank has access to Bridger for OFAC checks. Any hits are reported to me or a branch supervisor and action taken accordingly.

Return to Top
#393131 - 07/31/05 12:07 AM Re: OFAC checker
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
My gosh - I remember when Bridger was just starting out in the OFAC field. This was back in 1996 if memory serves me correctly. As far as I knew, they were the only competitor to Thompson who had a very high level OFAC system that had to reside with the data processing system and had a price tag starting at about $50,000. Of course, back in those days, if you mentioned OFAC to Senior Management, they thought you were using foul language or something!!!

I was one of the early users of Bridger and had made a number of suggestions which they used.

I remember they sent me a basket of flowers as a thank you following the California Bankers Compliance Conference. I had called them to get their demo, and suggested that they buy a vendor table at the conference. They had a very successful conference and signed up a number of customers.

I remember that a gentleman by the name of Herb travelled all they way from Montana in a motorhome for the convention. Herb has long since retired, and I don't think any of the folks at Bridger remember him or me!

The company has come a long way since then!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z