Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#393231 - 07/28/05 08:36 PM Examiners....Arg!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's the situation: exam date goes through June 2005. The examiners are here and want to looks at my work papers (which are in process) for something in July. I say no they can't have them because it is outside the scope of the exam dates they want them....any advice??

Return to Top
Audit
#393232 - 07/28/05 08:41 PM Re: Examiners....Arg!
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Examiners are legaly entitled to look at anything and everything that their hearts desire.

For work that is in process, you might want to mark it "DRAFT" in big red letters.

Return to Top
#393233 - 07/28/05 09:30 PM Re: Examiners....Arg!
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I agree with califgirl...you have to hand them over...but like she recommended write DRAFT on them.

Return to Top
#393234 - 07/28/05 09:43 PM Re: Examiners....Arg!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why the resistance?

-J

Quote:

Examiners....Arg!

Are the peg-legged and wearing eye patches?

Return to Top
#393235 - 07/29/05 02:33 AM Re: Examiners....Arg!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Obviously they can expand their scope, just as you can when you audit. So while it may be outside the original parameters, work with them, ask for help when you need it, explain your position and communicate.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#393236 - 07/29/05 01:28 PM Re: Examiners....Arg!
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Advice...never refuse an examiner a legitimate request such as that.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#393237 - 08/01/05 01:32 PM Re: Examiners....Arg!
Risk Officer Offline
100 Club
Dallas
Typically, there are at least two "as of" dates associated with exams. The financial as-of date is typically the previous quarter end. The loan as-of date is typically much closer to the actual on-site work. Beyond that, examiners many times request more current information depending on the area being evaluated.

While internal auditors will generally evaluate transactions between x and y dates, examiners don't generally have/use this type of scope restriction. And, as Andy mentioned above, even when this type of scope limit is being used, there many reasons to expand the scope when issues arise.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree that you should mark any of your draft work as draft.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z