Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#39737 - 10/30/02 09:29 PM Outsourced IT Audit Services
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking for an IT Audit outsource solution. We have used our External Accountant's (KPMG) IT Consulting group in the past, but because of Sarbanes-Oxley we are looking for another alternative. We are almost a $1 billion National Bank with a vendor software package running on Oracle in a Windows NT environment soon to convert to Windows 2000 managed by an in-house IT Staff. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you.

Return to Top
Audit
#39738 - 10/30/02 09:34 PM Re: Outsourced IT Audit Services
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I haven't used him for this, but Kinney Williams does this and has worked with and for some of the regulatory agencies out of DC.

He's worth a call. Tell him you heard it from me, on BOL.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#39739 - 10/31/02 08:22 PM Re: Outsourced IT Audit Services
Anonymous
Unregistered

We had good luck using McGladrey & Pullen from Minnesota. The contact's name is Doug Underwood 651-221-1157

Return to Top
#39740 - 10/31/02 11:38 PM Re: Outsourced IT Audit Services
Anonymous
Unregistered

Akaba Inc (www.akabainc.com) has also developed penetration test auditing specifically for GLBA and banking compliance. It's called Pointscan. They specialize in the smaller banks and credit unions that might not have a big budget or IT staff. William Hunt can be reached at 408-866-9500 x104. Please let them know you were referred by Mike Adams.

Return to Top
#39741 - 11/01/02 03:31 PM Re: Outsourced IT Audit Services
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
We use Crowe Chizek out of Indiana. They were excellent and we are just signing a three year contract with them. Call me or send me you e-mail address and I will give you the specifics. I highly recommend them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z