Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread Options
#402207 - 10/21/05 09:29 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

But you do need to be careful. A lot of people (male and female) are looking for a quick score.

I totally agree with you..

Return to Top
#402208 - 10/21/05 09:36 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Mystified Offline
New Poster
Tulsa, OK
Not that thats all bad... wait did I say that out loud??? KIDDING!!!!

Return to Top
#402209 - 10/21/05 09:58 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
*****caughing (I am)****** ha, ha, ha, ha

Return to Top
#402210 - 10/21/05 10:11 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Mystified Offline
New Poster
Tulsa, OK
Hehe

Return to Top
#402211 - 11/02/05 08:25 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Anonymous
Unregistered

??too busy to meet...sounds fishy to me...you made sure he isn't married or living with someone or has a girlfriend....those internet things can be scary....

Return to Top
#402212 - 11/02/05 08:29 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
Okay I checked the married thing and he's never been married. I flat out asked him if he was dating someone or living with someone and he said no. He's in the process of remodling a new house that he bought that is a wreck. He has to be out of the current house in a month. I can understand that he's busy. I'm busy too. School, work, moving etc, but I can make time. I invited him out to dinner Friday night. If he doesnt go, I'm done. Not to sound full of myelf but I'm cute and I'm a lot of fun and he's missing out!

Return to Top
#402213 - 11/02/05 08:33 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Anonymous
Unregistered

good for you!!!!!

Return to Top
#402214 - 11/03/05 05:50 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
tamarack Offline
California
I think the opposite.. when you sit at home typing away at your desk, a better part of you comes out. I believe youd be less inhibited to say the right thing, it takes away from the whole rejection part of dating. so a girl you've never met decides to never chat with you again. Not a problem, but when you meet a girl, she doesnt know you anymore than you know her. see the complications? I think I'm more myself when ever I happen to send an e-mail to someone rather when i go out on a date. I just get so shy, quite. Vince Vahn said it best:: I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested?:: Dating is so hard now a days, not that im saying cut it out of our lives all together, but mix it up.. do something new for a change. That's all I have to say about that!

Return to Top
#402215 - 11/03/05 06:33 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
I do agree with you on that point though. I have learned a lot about this guy, and he has a great personality. I'm torn, dont know what to do.....I'm all talk really because I do like the guy, I guess about as much as I can without meeting him, so I'm not going to call it quits. Now I'm rambling so I'm going to stop.

Return to Top
#402216 - 11/03/05 07:37 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
confessional Offline
New Poster
someone told me that you and I are alike.. Im not going to say who.. But this person says you and I have the same thought process.. Coming from experience this is a bad thing.. trust me I know.. been dealing with it for over a month now.. or just about.. eh.. not important.. but I do believe what you have to say.. online dating is pretty cool.. now once my confidence and pride are built back up to the levels they were, I think ill give it a shot again. unless someone sees me for who I can be instead of who I am. because you can find so many different types of people over the internet.. casual incounters.. strickly platonic.. dating.. even a soul mate, hard to believe.. but you can find that special someone who was ment to be in your life forever. you live to make this person happy, and making them happy makes you happy. (be alittle selfish for yourself) take some of the people on this very thread... most of done it.. and some with a positive outcome, it can happen, all you have to do is try and believe in the person your with.::moving on:: I believe the internet is the new bar scene.. and judging by all the threads posted on BOL.. it sounds as if im right... some of you bankers are as freaky as college students.. I know.. Ive read just afew threads.. AND YIKES by the way.. so in the words of tamarack listed above.. let me finish that quote my dear long lost friend left out..

Vince Vaughn...Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair.

Return to Top
#402217 - 11/03/05 08:50 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have met some great guys over the internet, or seem to be. They could be or they couldn't be. You find that you can be yourself and free to say things that you might not otherwise say online. Makes for a fun way to get to know someone and stay in contact all the time,,,,but on the other hand they can make themselves be anyone. Just make sure you are careful especially since you haven't met him. You know we girls tend to get our emotions involved easily.

Return to Top
#402218 - 11/03/05 09:45 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I met my husband online.

Return to Top
#402219 - 11/03/05 10:11 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
LOL did you guys wait more than 3 months to meet?

Return to Top
#402220 - 11/03/05 10:15 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Maybe he just wants to get all his ducks in a row...

Return to Top
#402221 - 11/03/05 10:15 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No can't say that I did. Tell him how you feel, that you have concerns since you can't meet. Ask him even if its a quick coffee if he would meet.

Return to Top
#402222 - 11/03/05 10:20 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
i met my last bf online--emailed and talked on the phone daily from january to may (he was in iraq when we first started emailing). we finally met in may and dated nearly a year and a half. we aen't together anymore, but i look back and enjoy all the times we had together. online dating can be cool--it's distance that sucks.

Return to Top
#402223 - 11/04/05 03:31 AM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
A friend of mine met his wife online. She lived several states away, but they hit it off so well she moved here a couple of years ago and they got married.

Return to Top
#402224 - 11/04/05 03:33 AM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
distance may suck, but if you two fit, then it is most definitely worth it. especially if there is the remote possibility that you can be closer one day. everyone says there are tons of people out there for you, well bull crap on that noise. there is one person out there for you and yes, you may have to travel distances to find them and be with them, but in opinion, it would be worth it for sure.

Return to Top
#402225 - 11/04/05 03:38 AM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

distance may suck, but if you two fit, then it is most definitely worth it. especially if there is the remote possibility that you can be closer one day. everyone says there are tons of people out there for you, well bull crap on that noise. there is one person out there for you and yes, you may have to travel distances to find them and be with them, but in opinion, it would be worth it for sure.

Do you really believe there is only one true love for everyone?

Return to Top
#402226 - 11/04/05 12:34 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

Quote:

Is that question just a question, or is it sarcasm?

Anyhoo, yea. I'd like think so. I mean sure you go through tons of wrong people you may think you love trying to find that one right one. But yes, I do think that.

Why, you got a problem with that?

Return to Top
#402227 - 11/04/05 01:27 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyhoo, yea. I'd like think so. I mean sure you go through tons of wrong people you may think you love trying to find that one right one. But yes, I do think that.

No it is not sarcasm, but if it's true it is a b*tch if your one true love was hit by a bus when they were 10.

Return to Top
#402228 - 11/04/05 01:37 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No it is not sarcasm, but if it's true it is a b*tch if your one true love was hit by a bus when they were 10.

Ha Ha you nut.
Ok lets put it this way, your one true is out there somewhere, but they are still alive. They did not get hit by a damn bus.

Return to Top
#402229 - 11/04/05 01:51 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
what if they became a nun?

Return to Top
#402230 - 11/04/05 02:00 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

Well I guess that is your problem then. Evidently you think I am wrong about this whole thing. Which is fine, but think about it. If that person was hit by a bus or beacme a nun, then obviously they are not that one peron.

Return to Top
#402231 - 11/04/05 03:02 PM Re: Dating Do or Don't?
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Well I guess that is your problem then. Evidently you think I am wrong about this whole thing. Which is fine, but think about it. If that person was hit by a bus or beacme a nun, then obviously they are not that one peron.

Sorry, I was just being funny. I don't think you are wrong, but for real I just don't know.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett