Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#40244 - 10/31/02 11:58 PM Freddie Mac Quality Control Audit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been "commissioned" do create and implement my company's Mortgage Quality Control Program to comply with Freddie Mac QC standards. I'm pretty much starting from scratch. I have Freddie Mac's requirements guide, but it does give any sample text.

Would anyone be willing to share their QC Programs? I am really looking for sample text for policies, procedures and re-verification (employment/deposit) letters.

Also, if can anyone give me estimates on how much staff would need to be dedicated to mortgage QC when doing approx 50-60 loans a month?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin Sherrell
ksherrell@rccu.org

Return to Top
Audit
#40245 - 11/01/02 02:50 AM Re: Freddie Mac Quality Control Audit
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I have just been assigned the same task, although mine won't be to the scope of Kevin's. Any help and or suggestions you could give us would be appreciated.

Return to Top
#40246 - 11/01/02 08:16 PM Re: Freddie Mac Quality Control Audit
Kahola Offline
Platinum Poster
Kahola
Scottsdale, AZ. 85255
We outsource our quality control audits to a third party. The name of the company is ADFITECH.They are located in Edmond, OK.

Pat Field

Return to Top
#40247 - 11/01/02 08:25 PM Re: Freddie Mac Quality Control Audit
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Pat, I looked at a third party also, but they wanted $140 per file plus pass through costs and my President quickly said no. Do you have more info on this company that you would be willing to share.

In our shop, we'd only be doing approximately 3 to 6 per month. I know this doesn't sound like many, but by looking at the FHLMC guide, it sure will be time consuming and I'm a department of 1.

My direct email is on my profile if you prefer to share the info directly. Thanks, Dan

Return to Top
#40248 - 11/04/02 08:01 PM Re: Freddie Mac Quality Control Audit
GLL Offline
100 Club
KY
We have to do quality control for FHA/VA. We only did a few each month also, however, when we looked at time spent and our costs and we decided to outsource to TenA Quality Control (www.tenaco.com).

Return to Top
#40249 - 11/04/02 08:12 PM Re: Freddie Mac Quality Control Audit
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z