Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#41005 - 11/05/02 10:34 PM Rant-Blowing off steam
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
2 thoughts to ponder.
1) Would our lives be easier if loan files had an index tab for "Waivers". Things like RoR and flood could be filed there for us to find quickly.

2) Are you ready for the election to be over? My 9 year old asked me why these people all hate each other. And Sunday I had no less than 5 calls. My kids said one was George W. I know I had one from our Governor. I told them to hang up on them. If they really want to talk with me they'd call back.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
General Discussion
#41006 - 11/05/02 10:41 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Free the Valley!!!!!!
You have to live in the San Fernando Valley to understand....

Return to Top
#41007 - 11/05/02 10:44 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Andy, Andy, are you feeling a little frustrated? Why don't you go home early and play with some of those way kewl toys that you got for your birthday. We can't afford for YOU to go into meltdown.

Oh, and skip the virtual drinks with the umbrellas--go straight for the real stuff (be sure to turn off the TV tonight, too). We will suffer through somehow, till you get back to us tomorrow.

Return to Top
#41008 - 11/05/02 10:48 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Hanging chad anyone?

Return to Top
#41009 - 11/05/02 10:51 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I'm sick and tired of seeing commercials for the governor race. Instead of the candidates talking about what they stand for, they talk about what their opponent does wrong. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE AGENDA IS GOING TO BE!

Return to Top
#41010 - 11/05/02 11:35 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
KSherrell Offline
100 Club
KSherrell
CA
What election?

I haven't seen the light of day in about 4 weeks...my day is coffee, reg's, coffee, regs, sleep...rinse and repeat

Reg Z, B, CC, D HMDA, FCRA, FHMLC/FNMA, ALM, TILA, TISA...

...death to marketing...

Return to Top
#41011 - 11/05/02 11:45 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
In reply to:

VOTE REPUBLICAN!

Return to Top
#41012 - 11/06/02 01:36 AM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In reply to:

ALM

Slow down. There is more than banking regs with all those letters. There is the NET and the WWW, E-Mail, URLs...
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#41013 - 11/06/02 02:29 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Andy, you should try what I do - never answer your phone. My answering machine is on all the time. Friends and family know to "speak" - I have a speaker phone and know who is calling. There were numerous phone calls this weekend with no message. Campaigners or telemarketers? Is there a difference? Although I was extremely interested in how things went in Georgia yesterday. Today, it's "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" time - the people responsible for Georgia Fair Lending Act are gone. It was a most nerve-wracking night - between the tornado sirens and the "too close to call" election returns, I didn't sleep much.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#41014 - 11/06/02 02:33 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
If you have some new folks in there for the state itself, any talk of repealing that law or will the let it run for now and see what happens?

Return to Top
#41015 - 11/06/02 02:34 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Gotwood Offline
Platinum Poster
My coworker's mother received called a call yesterday from the son of the late Paul Wellstone encouraging her to vote for Walter Mondale in the Minnesota Senate race.

She has lived in Oklahoma all of her life!

Return to Top
#41016 - 11/06/02 02:37 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
That race is close. They're obviously reaching far. Let us know if her's was the deciding vote? (Sounds like the old LBJ days.)

Return to Top
#41017 - 11/06/02 02:39 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
The "old" guys will be in there for a while yet. It may be that they hang onto their "laurels" or they may be willing to work with the GBA to get the most onerous and, frankly, insulting parts of the legislation removed. I don't have a problem with "A" Georgia Fair Lending Act, but this one is just bad law. It treats all our customers as though they are just not intelligent enought to decide for themselves when they wish to refinance their home. The new "guys" opinions remain to be seen.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#41018 - 11/06/02 03:15 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Anonymous
Unregistered

With the election results running the way they did last night, I could not resist posting the following.

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asks the barber about his bill. "I am sorry, I cannot accept money from you. I am doing community service this week." The florist is pleased and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open his shop, there is a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting at his door.

Later a Cop comes in for a haircut and he also goes to pay the barber, and the barber replies: "I am sorry I cannot accept money from you. I am doing community service this week." The cop is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open his shop, there is a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting at his door.

A Democrat comes for a haircut and when he asks the barber what he owes, the barber replies: "I am sorry I cannot accept money from you. I am doing community service this week." The Democrat is very happy and leaves. The next morning when the barber goes to open his shop, a dozen Democrats are lined up waiting for a free haircut.

Return to Top
#41019 - 11/06/02 03:22 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Strout Offline
100 Club
A beach in the USA
Our local hot issue was a 1% sales tax increase to raise money for 6 major road projects. You'd have to live here to understand but we live under the curse of tunnel and bridge traffic. If there isn't a breakdown in the tunnel, the bridge is up for 45 minutes at 7:30 in the morning for seven yachts to go thru!!!

(I live in a semi-rural area on the only 3 ways out have drawbridges. And no, the traffic wasn't like this when I moved there 6 years ago.)

This proposal was defeated by a 2 to 1 margin. But to anyone in the Hampton Roads area, I would like to point out that it took me 35 minutes today to cover a 3 mile trip because of bridge lifts. Then of course I had my 25 minute interstate drive on top of that. At least the 1% increase was a plan.

Please excuse me. I had a VERY BAD TRAFFIC DAY!!!!

Return to Top
#41020 - 11/06/02 03:23 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
The elections are over....we have made our choices and we are going to have to deal with them....the good; the bad; and the ugly......But at least we don't have to deal with those commercials....We can begin to complain about those newly elected officials.....

Return to Top
#41021 - 11/06/02 03:44 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
You can only complain if you voted!!

Andy - I had 11 campaign phone calls on Sunday! Some of them leave messages, too! Even more annoying when you voted early.

Return to Top
#41022 - 11/06/02 03:49 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I had voted already as well!

I won some yesterday, I lost some. The bright side is, it is still a 9 minute commute to work. No tunnels and the only bridges are over ditches so there are no yachts to dodge. Sorry Shelley.

Return to Top
#41023 - 11/06/02 03:49 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
A political war is one in which everyone shoots from the lip!

Return to Top
#41024 - 11/06/02 03:51 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
I live in Lubbock, Texas and I know about cotton strippers and combines. What's a yacht?

Return to Top
#41025 - 11/06/02 04:03 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Strout Offline
100 Club
A beach in the USA
Now I'm jealous. Normally, it doesn't bug me too bad but today was just one of those days.

But you know, I guess it gives me something to complain about because otherwise my life is WONDERFUL!!!

Return to Top
#41026 - 11/06/02 04:05 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't you love it when the people who lost say that they lost, because they didn't get their message out? WHAT?!?!?! You ran 10,000 commercials. I think you got your message out.

Return to Top
#41027 - 11/06/02 04:28 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
They probably didn't get their message out! The only messages I heard were how bad the other guy was - I don't think I ever heard an ad saying what the candidate's position on the issues was!

Return to Top
#41028 - 11/06/02 04:28 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Here's how the campaign calls work in Michigan...

Some of those same people who've been calling for the past 3 weeks (11 on Sunday wasn't an exaggeration) were just reelected. They'll now march back to Lansing to consider a telemarketing bill that will - at least the last draft I saw - make it difficult for a bank to call it's own customer. And cross-sales wouldn't be allowed. So if you call your overdrawn checking customer, you'd better not talk about overdraft protection.

And you know what the first exemption to the telemarketing bill / draft is? Campaign calls.

You can't say they aren't looking out for themselves...

Return to Top
#41029 - 11/06/02 04:32 PM Re: Rant-Blowing off steam
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
...and we (well, at least you Michigan residents) elected these people!!!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4