Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#410115 - 08/18/05 02:55 PM A mystery...
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
So, if Bo, Luke, and Daisy were all cousins, and Jesse was their uncle, that means there had to be at least four Dukes of Jesse’s generation, and that each of the three, aside from Jesse, had at least one child. Given that a single child household would not be the norm in the rural South, and given that the Dukes in general did not appear to be upwardly mobile (such that they would be leaving for the city), what do you make of the conspicuous absence of the Duke siblings (both of Jesse’s generation, and the next)? Not only were they never seen, but they were never discussed.

Well, I think it's high time someone discuss the larger Duke family. Just what the heck is going on here?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#410116 - 08/18/05 03:02 PM Re: A mystery...
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
Boss Hogg took care of them.

Return to Top
#410117 - 08/18/05 03:07 PM Re: A mystery...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Boss Hogg took care of them.

If that was the case, don't you think that the Dukes would be reluctant to save Boss, as they have done numerous times? Also, I think they would be more interested in exacting revenge, rather than being apparently content to simply foil his many schemes, without any real consequence for the man.

Return to Top
#410118 - 08/18/05 03:10 PM Re: A mystery...
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
I have no idea. I never really watched the show anyway so I have no real argument.

Return to Top
#410119 - 08/18/05 03:11 PM Re: A mystery...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I tell ya what happened! Them dang revenuers....

The Dukes are fine example of inconsistent television writin'. Jesse had a wife who had passed on years before but when she was mentioned on the show (all of twice) she had two different names.

And actually Luke had a younger brother that the family had thought was lost in a hospital fire. He showed up in one episode and then was never seen again.

Revenuers musta got 'em.

Return to Top
#410120 - 08/18/05 03:17 PM Re: A mystery...
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
LOL

Return to Top
#410121 - 08/18/05 03:18 PM Re: A mystery...
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
Didn't two other cousins take Bo and Luke's place for a season while they went off and raced cars or something? Where do they fit into the Duke Family Stick, I mean Tree?

Return to Top
#410122 - 08/18/05 03:21 PM Re: A mystery...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Ahhh, the mystery of television shows. When I always asked questions about what I was watching to try and put everything together, you know, the way you are doing, I was always told, "Because thats they way they wrote it in the script". Go figure. Dadburned writers cant never get anything right.

Return to Top
#410123 - 08/18/05 03:23 PM Re: A mystery...
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
They're from the South....aren't they all cuzins' down there????

Return to Top
#410124 - 08/18/05 03:33 PM Re: A mystery...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

They're from the South....aren't they all cuzins' down there????

Hey!!!!! That's Arkansas....

Return to Top
#410125 - 08/18/05 03:37 PM Re: A mystery...
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
No not all, but I did hear on Jerry Springer on time "It ain't cheatin! we're family"!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#410126 - 08/18/05 03:38 PM Re: A mystery...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

No not all, but I did hear on Jerry Springer on time "It ain't cheatin! we're family"!!!!!!!

OMG...LOL...Springer is always a crazy show and good for laughs...

Return to Top
#410127 - 08/18/05 03:52 PM Re: A mystery...
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Just another TV mystery to file with that 'All My Children' character who went upstairs to wax his skis for a trip and was never, ever seen or mentioned again...

Return to Top
#410128 - 08/18/05 04:21 PM Re: A mystery...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
The same is if Susan was pregnant and birth on Friday, they would all adore the baby one week and the next week he's graduating college. Funny isnt it?

Return to Top
#410129 - 08/18/05 04:51 PM Re: A mystery...
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
That Girl,

Yep. One two of the shows my wife tapes we things like;
a guy who kidnapped a woman and held her captive in a 'panic room' built in his house, while at the same time attempting to slowly poison his wife is now *the District Attorney*, or a main character who suddenly develops a brother, no, two brothers, no, wait, two brothers and a sister....
My all-time favorite, though, is from the soap "Passions". A character who witnesses a drug-related shooting is targeted for revenge by the 'vicious drug gang.' Do they simply shoot her, or blow her up, or run over her with a car? No. They kidnap her, drive her out to a remote area in the woods, where (wait for it), they look around for a suitable piece of wood to club her with.....

Return to Top
#410130 - 08/18/05 04:56 PM Re: A mystery...
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
A southern boy named Jethro courted a young southern lady for quite some time and finally popped the question. He was so happy when she said yes, he immediately ran to tell his family about her and their new engagement.

"Oh Pa, Aylene is so pretty and so wonderful," gushes Jethro. "She's smart, generous, and rich too!"

"Well she sounds nice, Jethro" the father responds, "but is she respectable?"

"Oh for sure, Pa. I just know the family will love her. In fact, she's a virgin!"

"WHAT?" exclaims the father. "That just won't do!"

"Why not? I told you she's respectable, a virgin even." responds Jethro with tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"Well, if she ain't good enough for her own family, what makes you think she's good enough for ours?"

Return to Top
#410131 - 08/18/05 05:08 PM Re: A mystery...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The "Cousin Countin' Game"

Many people have tried to decipher the Duke's family tree in an attempt to understand how it is that so many people could be cousins, all with the last name "Duke". The last unofficial word is that Jesse Duke would have had to have come from a family of seven boys, including himself, as he would have had to have six brothers to have produced offspring named "Duke".

Brother 1 - Luke and Jud Kane's father [Jud Kane appeared the episode "Brotherly Love" (Episode 4, Season 6. Original airdate: 14 October 1983). He is the long lost younger brother of Luke Duke, thought killed in a hospital fire as an infant]
Brother 2 - Bo's father
Brother 3 - Daisy's father
Brother 4 - Coy's father
Brother 5 - Vance's father
Brother 6 - Jeb Stuart's father [Jeb Stuart Duke appeared in the episode "Along Came a Duke" (Episode 17, Season 3. Original airdate: 13 February 1981). He rides into Hazzard on a motocross bike]
Brother 7 - Jesse Duke
NOTE: "Gaylord Duke" appeared in the episode "The Duke of Duke" (Episode 13, Season 2. Original airdate: 21 December 1979) claiming to be a cousin by marriage, but turned out to be a con man not related to the Dukes.

Return to Top
#410132 - 08/18/05 05:09 PM Re: A mystery...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Back when this show was on, we tried to name as many people or things that were associated with the word: Duke

Let's see how many we can come up with. I'll start--

Duke was the dog on the Beverly Hillbillies.

Return to Top
#410133 - 08/18/05 05:16 PM Re: A mystery...
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
Duke Dog is the mascott for James Madison University.

Return to Top
#410134 - 08/18/05 05:30 PM Re: A mystery...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

NOTE: "Gaylord Duke" appeared in the episode "The Duke of Duke" (Episode 13, Season 2. Original airdate: 21 December 1979) claiming to be a cousin by marriage, but turned out to be a con man not related to the Dukes.

True, but apparently he assumed the identity (early identity theft. Dukes was ahead of it's time. ) of a real cousin the Dukes had in England. But as Daisy pointed out in that episode, he was related on "Grandpa Henshaw's side" meaning he wasn't blood kin.

Funny how they had to point that out given that she ends up fallin' for 'em. Cuss it all to tarnation...

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how where the heck this Grandpa Henshaw fits in!

Return to Top
#410135 - 08/18/05 06:10 PM Re: A mystery...
Anonymous
Unregistered

it ain' none of yalls business.
the rest of the family already done move to atlanta.
leave it at that.

Return to Top
#410136 - 08/18/05 06:19 PM Re: A mystery...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Duke is John Wayne's nickname.

Return to Top
#410137 - 08/18/05 06:20 PM Re: A mystery...
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Quote:

One two of the shows my wife tapes we things like;
a guy who kidnapped a woman and held her captive in a 'panic room' built in his house, while at the same time attempting to slowly poison his wife is now *the District Attorney*, or a main character who suddenly develops a brother, no, two brothers, no, wait, two brothers and a sister....

Just a guess....General Hospital??

Return to Top
#410138 - 08/18/05 06:23 PM Re: A mystery...
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Gettin' ready for a fight you "put up yer dukes."

Then when you actually fight you "duke it out."

Return to Top
#410139 - 08/18/05 06:27 PM Re: A mystery...
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2