Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#41339 - 11/08/02 06:50 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
In reply to:

I'm in Southern California "What's SNOW?

Yes - but when the first drop of RAIN hits the ground in So. Cal, the headline news story is STORMWATCH-2002!!!!!!

I LOVE it when they have some first year field news reporter who gets to report on the "MAJOR" storm in the Southland. You seem him/her going up to folks and asking them about their reaction to the storm (mind you - there's usually just a light drizzle in the background) and the folks just look at the reporter like he/she is a complete idiot.

Free the Valley!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#41340 - 11/08/02 07:01 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
mmason Offline
Gold Star
New England
With all this talk of snow, I just have to say that this is the first winter I will have a garage to park in at night and I am sooooo excited. I'll still have to clean off my car when I leave work, but not in the morning anymore. Yeah!

Return to Top
#41341 - 11/08/02 07:08 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
I say just be glad you don't have to walk. I live 8 blocks from the bank and don't own a car. The walk's nice is spring and fall, but come winter I'm frosty covered head to toe with a thick down coat.

Return to Top
#41342 - 11/08/02 07:28 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Must be nice not having to plug in your car anymore. Anyone else have a block heater on their car?

I do have to say, Wisconsin is tops in road clearing. They have it down to a science. I have seen three plows going down the highway, each only a trucklength ahead of the next. The inner lane plows to the middle lane, the middle lane plows to the outer lane, the outer lanes plows to the shoulder. The whole road (going in one direction) cleared in a single pass. They are my heroes!

Return to Top
#41343 - 11/08/02 07:33 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Strout Offline
100 Club
A beach in the USA
We would love to loan you one of our five salt/sand trucks. But no sand allowed, only salt. We just replinished the beaches from the last major storm, hurricane, nor' easter, etc.

BTW, I'll take my 98 degree heat 140% humidity any day!!!

Return to Top
#41344 - 11/08/02 07:38 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Got to agree with you there. I hate this dry air! My nostrils feel like they might crack, and I can't ever seem to get enough lotion on me.

Return to Top
#41345 - 11/08/02 07:41 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
ExGovtBabe:

In repsonse to:

not to mention the fact that I have a job and they're not threatening to reorganize me out of existence.

I know that feeling.

Return to Top
#41346 - 11/08/02 08:22 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Did you hear about the cow who couldn't give milk?
They called her a milk dud!

Return to Top
#41347 - 11/08/02 08:44 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Talking about road conditions. I am originally from ___Flat___ Kansas and have recently relocated to SW Missouri. All everybody says is "do you like to drive on ice". These roads are so hilly and curved I can't imagine driving on them. Everybody wish me luck, I am going to need it.

Return to Top
#41348 - 11/08/02 08:46 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love that! I'll have to share this one with my kids tonight! Thanks, Michelle

Return to Top
#41349 - 11/08/02 08:55 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
Don,

On a clear day (not that often)(although maybe Sunday after the rain stops), snow is that white stuff I see on the mountains, and if I look south I can see the ocean and Catalina.

Ahh, Southern Calif.......

Return to Top
#41350 - 11/08/02 08:59 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Speaking from experience from living in Rolla & Springfield, make sure you don't walk the same direction all the time or you'll wind up with a limp (or you won't get back to where you were coming from).

Return to Top
#41351 - 11/08/02 09:08 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will be off on Monday
I injoy the holidays off and getting a long weekend
I will be off the day after Thanksgiving too, than that's it for this year. Except Christmas day of course.
Have a good weekend.

Return to Top
#41352 - 11/08/02 09:20 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
KK
The palm trees block my view east to the mountains above Palm Springs, but I can see the waves hitting the beach at La Jolla. Its a good day for some of George's at the Cove special soup, except I would have to change from shorts and a T shirt.

Ahh, Southern Calif.......

Return to Top
#41353 - 11/08/02 09:39 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Colleen Offline
100 Club
Southern Californians - you have to drive to get to a variety of temperatures. Here in Iowa, the weather changes quite frequently. You can be in shorts in the morning and by evening, slipping on your snow boots. And you don't ever have to leave home.

Return to Top
#41354 - 11/08/02 09:40 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Okay everybody. We meet at Don's tonight at 6. Lets make it a good weekend in shorts and a T-shirt.

Actually it'll be almost 80 tomorrow here.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#41355 - 11/08/02 10:03 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Snow is White Here in NY it is usually a lovely shade of gray

Return to Top
#41356 - 11/08/02 10:06 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Yes, Kim Carnes taught us that!

Return to Top
#41357 - 11/08/02 10:08 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
It's raining today and we are due for an earthquake, so come on down for the party!!!

Return to Top
#41358 - 11/08/02 10:14 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
80's, Wow! Well, Indain Summer has finally decided to visit us. It was in the 30's the beginning of the week and it is a comfortable 65 right now. I might acutally be able to unpack my golf clubs!

Return to Top
#41359 - 11/08/02 10:52 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
It is beautiful here in Wyoming. The mountains are white from 12" of snow. It's 56 in town but we have a storm coming. I love it when they hit on the weekend. Then I have an excuse to stay home, close to the fire.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#41360 - 11/08/02 10:58 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
I have never lived in snow country, in fact, I found out you have block heaters from a gentlemen I worked with through Junior Achievement. He was from Chicago area. Being a Californian all my life that thought seemed odd.

Return to Top
#41361 - 11/08/02 11:04 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Having transplanted from Illinois to Mississippi, it was an interesting experience when my husband and children saw a special on TV about block heaters. They just couldn't grasp the idea of "plugging in" your car at night so that it would start the next morning.

We do get snow here sometimes, they put sand on the icy roads and bridges!! Give me those cindars anyday. I prefer to stay home when it snows here; these people who come to complete stop at the stop sign in the middle of nowhere on the upslope, drive me crazy

Return to Top
#41362 - 11/08/02 11:12 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Actually...My favorite snow story is about my first year in Alaska. A good friend of mine moved up a few months earlier and on the day of the first snow she called me at corporate (she was managing a branch) and asked if we should close the Branch's down and send folks home before it got any deeper. (We had about 2 inches of snow at that point.) I quickly advised her not to embarrass herself and suggested she pretend we'd never had the conversation...we knew then we weren't in Port Orchard Washington anymore!

While she kept quiet I proceeded to call everyone we knew in Washington and tell them Joanna had suggested closing due to snow in Alaska...tee hee hee.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#41363 - 11/08/02 11:24 PM Re: Is it Friday yet???
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
KK we just had a 7.9 quake so I think we've canceled out the negative energy in quake land for a bit...you can relax!

I was in San Francisco last year speaking at the National CRA Conference and enjoyed the FUNNIEST news cast. They were worried the temps would be going down below 30 degrees. The news broadcasters did a special on how to protect your pets with suggestions like sweaters, booties, etc. Mind you, it was going to be below 30 for approximately 32 seconds then pop back up to 60 by 9 am...I had to call the folks at home and laugh with them.

When it's 45 below 0 and it's snowing up a frenzy my cats are out on the deck rolling in the stuff with grins from ear to ear (maybe they're frozen that way but they look happy). Whimpy Californian animals...LOL I'm thinking of making up shirts that say "My cat can kick your cat's butt" and selling them in CA.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4