Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#414724 - 08/26/05 06:37 PM Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mr. C and Mr. Z - enough is enough. It is time to come out of retirement and reopen the official Cleabatsu's. I have been very very busy remodeling the place. I have turned it into more of an adult lounge (not that kind of an adult lounge). I have hired a professional piano player, complete with a large cognac glass on top for tips. There is a cigar lounge with first rate humidors and smoke filter devices. I have built a home theatre room with a popcorn and olive dispensing machine. We have a fully stocked wine cellar, varieties of the finest Scotch, martini specials, and even a retro bar area for those who want Harvey Wallbangers, Manhattans, etc.

Of course, there are still Sharper Image massage chairs everywhere - the pool tables are still ready for play, we have a new bocci area in the back, outside but covered, with state-of-art grills cooking up all types of food.

Dart boards, Golden Tee machines... all available. And as a final touch, I included a mini-whiffle ball field so that people can play, and so that Pup can do his thing around the bases.

Here's the problem ...

I have installed a biometric entry mechanism. There are only two people in the world whose thumbprints can open the darn place - Z and C. So find Tiny, and open up please!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#414725 - 08/26/05 06:51 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I've got Tiny with me, but I don't know the whereabouts of Mr. Clean. I'll see if I can get a rise out of him by using the C-Phone. Until then, I'll be out on the deck overlooking the most beautiful lake you've ever seen and where the temperature is always a nice cool 76 degrees and the sun always shines. Join me for a margarita, there's a pitcher of the stuff on my table--on the rocks is my preference. Salt or no salt, CubDave, my friend?

Return to Top
#414726 - 08/26/05 06:56 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Salt if you please Mr. Z - I can't tell you how relaxed I am having given up any type of fantasy football this year! Salut!

Return to Top
#414727 - 08/26/05 07:06 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Me too. I am only doing the College Pick'em. You should join us. We have two leagues. You just pick the winners or who will beat the spread. None of this trying to figure out who to play or who to pick up or who to trade.....

'Nuf about that. What do you think about the Cubs chances next year...

Sure hope Mr. C shows up soon to enjoy this view. Ah!

-Z-

Return to Top
#414728 - 08/26/05 07:13 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
MOML was in a fantasy league a couple of years. It started out as much fun and many discussions, but it got to where he had to scramble some weeks to get his picks in, and it ceased to be fun.

Return to Top
#414729 - 08/26/05 07:19 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Me too. I am only doing the College Pick'em. You should join us. We have two leagues. You just pick the winners or who will beat the spread. None of this trying to figure out who to play or who to pick up or who to trade.....

'Nuf about that. What do you think about the Cubs chances next year...

Sure hope Mr. C shows up soon to enjoy this view. Ah!

-Z-

all depends on what they do - I go a bit young in some areas. Dump Nomar and Walker and get a 2B (maybe Corey Patterson's brother) and Cedeno at short.

3B ramirez
SS Cedeno
2B ????
1B Lee
C Barrett
SP - Prior, Zamrano, Maddux, Dempster, Williams
RP - Wood (closer), Ohman, Novoa, others
LF - Matt Murton
CF - Johnny Damon
RF - Corey Patterson maybe or Burnitz maybe or felix Pie

Return to Top
#414730 - 08/26/05 07:21 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Hey guys, great to see you Z, tiny too! Dave, as you know, I'm unable to drink but would love to relax in a chair if you allow me to and sip perhaps a virgin pina colada and just remember the first days when Cleabatsu's opened and all the original patrons.My, my , them were the days.

Return to Top
#414731 - 08/26/05 07:27 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please have a seat PQ. Allow me to assist you.

CubDave, I can't disagree with your assessment of the Cubbies. There was an article today in the Austin paper about how Chicago baseball fans are either Cubs fans (and Sox haters) or Sox fans (and Cubs haters) and nothing in between. Seems to confirm my experience when I lived there.

Return to Top
#414732 - 08/26/05 07:37 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I'll join Pammy at the non-drinking but reminiscing table..... Virgin daquiri for me, please! We're big on all things fruit at the moment.

Return to Top
#414733 - 08/26/05 07:42 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
It has been over a year since I have even been in the Watercooler and imagine my surprise the first time I log in to see nothing other than a walk down memory lane....seeing Z & Mr. Clean's name in a subject line!

I remember a few years ago and a wild new years eve party....Oh the good ol' days. Thanks Dave for making me smile after a long week with examiners. I hope to see Mr. C after all of this time.

Return to Top
#414734 - 08/26/05 07:48 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
It makes me sad, those were the good old days...

Return to Top
#414735 - 08/26/05 07:55 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

Yep. BOL was just a pup and the threads were clean.

Return to Top
#414736 - 08/26/05 07:56 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Amen sister-girl.

Return to Top
#414737 - 08/26/05 08:02 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, that's what Cleabatsu's is for - good memories. Isn't it funny how you may never have met someone, but you could choose a TV character and pigeonhole a BOL poster for them.

For instance - I have never met any BOLers (except a couple at a local FDIC seminar)and despite a recent thread and a few avatar pictures, have no real idea of anyone's age or looks, but I have this image of Mr. C and of Z, and they may be totally off age wise, etc. But I see Mr. C. as the guy with the deep voice who ran the restaurant in the short lived sitcome with Sharon Lawrence and Leah Rimini, and Z, for whatever reason, is Christopher Lloyd's character from a show I only saw once, but it was on last year with Pamela Anderson in a coffee house. Strange, huh?

Return to Top
#414738 - 08/26/05 08:11 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
The home theater system looks good, but Ang, Saphire, et al are all watching Sleepless in Seattle - got anywhere a guy could kick back and watch some ESPN, etc between classes? I still need to work on my Football draft, so if you ladies could keep it down over there ... please?

Return to Top
#414739 - 08/26/05 08:11 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
So who am I Cubby?

Return to Top
#414740 - 08/26/05 08:13 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

I hear ya Maria. It's just not the same even though a bunch of us are still around. There wasn't all the crap and troublesome anons and regis like there are these days. It's just not as fun.

Return to Top
#414741 - 08/26/05 08:13 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

Excuse me, but aren't you supposed to be at the Jersey shore (or, "down the shore," as we say in NJ)? Sipping real margaritas?

Return to Top
#414742 - 08/26/05 08:15 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm. Christopher Lloyd. I have not seen the show other than catching shots of Pamela Anderson's stacks as I work the remote. Oh, TexTrainer, the place is crawling with Plasma screens, each on a different sporting event or sports show. Just pick up a headphone over there and choose your poison.

Return to Top
#414743 - 08/26/05 08:17 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
That was me. You know the difference between the Cooler then and now is that back then I enjoyed wasting time here. For some reason, although it is not as enjoyable, we still seem to waste time here. Is it kind of like heroin, you just get hooked and keep coming back hoping to relive the original high? (Not that I'd know from personal experience.)

Return to Top
#414744 - 08/26/05 08:18 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Well said Z.

Return to Top
#414745 - 08/26/05 08:18 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Well, you can all lift a glass to my vacation that begins in about 15 mins! Drinks are on me - virtual drinks all around!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#414746 - 08/26/05 08:20 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

So who am I Cubby?

You're the neighbor landlord girl from Joey. (who by the way, I will add to the "favorite TV actress" thread.)

Return to Top
#414747 - 08/26/05 08:22 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I can live with that. I laugh at the episode when she didn't think she was a "hot girl" but realized she was. LOL

Return to Top
#414748 - 08/26/05 08:31 PM Re: Calling Mr. Clean & Z, where are you?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
The neighbor girl in Joey? Is she divorced yet? That whole marriage breaking up thing sure is easier on TV isn't it?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2