BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#414801 - 08/26/05 07:24 PM Potty Chairs
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Need advice ...

I'm in the market for a potty chair and wondering what kind all of you with little chitlins have. Do you like it? What don't you like about it?

I figure if she's telling me there's something in her "butt butt butt" then she's ready to see what's in store

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#414802 - 08/26/05 07:25 PM Re: Potty Chairs
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I have one but can't get my son to use it yet so I can't recommend it yet!

Return to Top
#414803 - 08/26/05 07:27 PM Re: Potty Chairs
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Somehow I'm sure this isn't going to be as easy as I think it is

I know she's too young, but I looked online and I can't believe how many different kids there are.

Return to Top
#414804 - 08/26/05 07:28 PM Re: Potty Chairs
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Quote:

Need advice ...

I'm in the market for a potty chair. Do you like it? What don't you like about it?

I was trained many years ago and don't remember much about the potty chair. Likes, dislikes???? sorry can't help you!

Return to Top
#414805 - 08/26/05 07:29 PM Re: Potty Chairs
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
We tried two different chairs and like Pizza Queen's kiddo, mine won't use them either. He actually likes sitting on the big potty, when I can get him to, that is. He was doing well for a few days and then decided he still likes the pull-ups a little better. Still working on him.

Return to Top
#414806 - 08/26/05 07:36 PM Re: Potty Chairs
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
The Junebug JUST started intermittently using hers (we're so proud.) I think it's Safety First - it's bright teal green with a white undercarriage and yellow side handles/lid. It's the one that got the lowest rating in the Toddler Bargains book (oops - but now that she's actually using it, I'm not about to change.)

A friend of mine had good luck with the small inserts that you use on the regular throne.

Return to Top
#414807 - 08/26/05 07:46 PM Re: Potty Chairs
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
We bought the most basic potty chair we could find for our son. The only thing I didn't like about it was the little insert for the front wasn't quite tall enough to block the stream! He actually didn't use it for very long either. He saw other little boys at day care standing up, and thought that was way better! The only good thing about our potty chair is that the base was removable and it turns into a stool.

Return to Top
#414808 - 08/26/05 08:16 PM Re: Potty Chairs
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
We are using a padded elmo seat that sits on top of the regular toilet. We also placed a small step stool in front so he can get some "traction". We had our first real breakthroughs this past week. He is being rewarded with a hot wheels car for each successful attempt (well we started with hot wheels and have moved to "kid connection" hot wheels which are like 2 for a dollar).

For my daughter we had a seat that was permanently attached to the toilet seat and just flipped down when we needed it. The problem was that occassionally it would also flip down at 3AM when my wife would..... well you get the idea.

Return to Top
#414809 - 08/26/05 09:07 PM Re: Potty Chairs
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have the one just like Empress EGB, ours never used it except to sit and visit with us when we were on the potty. We used the padded Elmo and that worked wonderful (foot stool needed). That's it. Oh, something I learned about the padded seats, if you are going to buy one, buy several. One for home, one to travel with(you laugh now, but just wait) and one for grandma's. They aren't exactly cheap for what you get, I think ours was $12 or $15.

Good luck - beaconpaul (not logged in, again!)

Return to Top
#414810 - 08/26/05 09:12 PM Re: Potty Chairs
Patton Offline
Texas
AAHHHH! I must be in the wrong chat!

Return to Top
#414811 - 08/26/05 09:14 PM Re: Potty Chairs
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
My nephews loved and were inspired by the singing potty chair that "praised" them.

Return to Top
#414812 - 08/26/05 09:20 PM Re: Potty Chairs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Boys... you spend their first three years telling them to stand up and their next 15 years telling them to SIT DOWN.

Return to Top