Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#415546 - 08/29/05 06:19 PM Mortgage Compliance Training
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
I've been asked to work up a presentation for a mortgage division to satisfy our annual compliance training requirements - however, with 20+ years in banking, primarily in Retail, I'm not sure what my hot buttons should be - so I'm reaching out for some help.
Obviously, Privacy and Reg B review will not be too difficult - regardless of what part of the bank you work in/for, that's a fairly common topic - but what about BSA and BPA (Bank Protection Act) - many of our mortgage offices are stand alone - no banking center - so what topics would you cover to meet reg requirements.

I'll be heading out on vacation tomorrow, so don't take my lack of response as not be appreciative of any assistance - I'll be back next week.

Thanks y'all!!!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#415547 - 08/29/05 07:01 PM Re: Mortgage Compliance Training
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Tex-this is what I cover with our staff-(in no particular order, along with the internal procedures):
RESPA, ECOA, FCRA, TIL, FHA (Fair Housing Act), internal fair lending policy, HMDA, Privacy. We show 2 videos,one on fair lending/ecoa, one on privacy. I discuss the purpose of each act, provide copies of disclosures and explain the purpose and importance of them and end with a fair lending quiz, to make sure they stayed awake during this exhilerating training

We also do a "mock" application to ensure the loan officers understand how to properly take an app, and the importance of what to and not to ask.

We do this training on an annual basis for all employees, and several times during the year for new hires as needed.

Hope this helps.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z