Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#416095 - 08/30/05 07:10 PM right to financial privacy
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
Cany anyone point me to where in the Florida Statutes it speaks of what we can & can't give to state and local agencies without subpoenas. I'm looking for Florida's version of the RFPA, which I would expect to closely mirror the language. It looks like it was formally chapter 659, but have not been able to find current location. Thanks

Return to Top
#416096 - 08/31/05 12:27 AM Re: right to financial privacy
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I don't believe Florida ever had a statute that paralleled RFPA. I can find a reference to 659.062, but the citation is no longer valid and it appears to be limited to privacy in connection with EFTs, something the RFPA does not address.

Return to Top
#416097 - 09/13/05 05:53 PM Re: right to financial privacy
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
Ken, I found the same thing, a reference to ch 659, that does not exist anymore. How do we go about complying with state and local law enforcement regarding requests for information? Would it be prudent to adopt a bank policy regarding similar safeguards to the RFPA...

Return to Top
#416098 - 09/14/05 11:14 AM Re: right to financial privacy
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
RFPA starts out with something of a laundry list of circumstances where banks are allowed to turn over information to the federal government; i.e. it inventories the various possible methods. Your first task would be to determine under what circumstances various state agencies are entitled to compel banks to produce information. That would not be an easy thing to do unless your bank receives enough requests that you could develop a list, verifying the authority of each requesting party back to some legal source.

Return to Top