BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#418654 - 09/06/05 02:11 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
I agree the new design is better than the old, but don't stop here, keep moving forward. I'm not sure if you have someone on staff who does the design and coding, but I would encourage you to start the process to move away from tables and Java applets and move to a more pure CSS layout design. True, it's more work on the front end, but much easier to maintain when you want to make future tweaks and changes.

Are you open to a friendly suggestion? I would prefer that the width of Bankers Threads pages be "stretchy" or at least a little wider.

Good job, guys!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#418655 - 09/06/05 02:23 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
I like the new format also, but the black letters on the dark blue background are a bit hard to read due to some glare of my office lights (I think)

Return to Top
#418656 - 09/06/05 02:56 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
William Offline
Gold Star
William
In a location
I have the same comment as wacokid... black letters on the dark blue... almost as hard to read this!

Change is good!

Return to Top
#418657 - 09/06/05 02:59 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
William Offline
Gold Star
William
In a location
Nice! I post my comment and Presto! it’s changed! I love living in an “instant” world!

Ah ha! My color changed to a purple (background) after reading the forum... so the black on blue is for unread.
Last edited by William; 09/06/05 03:05 PM.

Return to Top
#418658 - 09/06/05 04:10 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I, like some, was shocked when I went to BOL... I had to do a double take. I thought I was seeing things. I like the change.

Return to Top
#418659 - 09/06/05 04:49 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
George_Milner Offline
George_Milner
Doylestown, PA
Hello,

Thanks for all the comments about the redesign! The changeover to the new look has gone well and we'll be following up on some details during the next few days.

Let me help explain the 'scrunched up' look that some of you see (and that others don't). It's all related to screen resolution. The threads are currently set so that they will display appropriately on a resolution as low as 800x600 (still a very common choice in an office environment). If that is your setting, you will not see a 'margin' on the left and right of the screen and nothing will look scrunched up.

We've chosen to center the page, so that those of you with a higher resolution set (say 1024x768) will see what looks like a margin on both the left and the right. (For example, check out CNN. They use the same width page as we do, but theirs is left-aligned. Those of you with a resolution set higher than 800x600 will see a 'margin' on the right.)

That's just the explanation. Here's what we're doing.

-- We are looking at ways to enable the text area (in the forum areas only) to stretch to fill the width of the screen. This change won't be immediate, but we are looking into it.

-- We also see the 'black on blue' text in some of the horizontal title bars (along with some other color tweaking) and we will be addressing that as well.

Again, thanks for the kind words about the design. Many of the changes came about as suggestions from those of you who use the site the most.

And rest assured, we are always looking at ways to improve BOL. (If you happen to spot a dead link or something that seems out of place, simply send a quick note to webmaster@bankersonline.com and one of us on the team will track it down.)

Thanks,

George Milner
BankersOnline.com

Return to Top
#418660 - 09/07/05 03:24 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Looks good, but the dark, dark blue when black is used to denote something (page numbers, etc) is way too blue and dark. Please change it, just for me to a lighter blue or use white in all cased to denote something.

Also, MB could you find someone to help you take a picture of yourself – stilling in a dark room and pointing the camera out the window to a daylight just doesn’t make for a good picture. Makes you look more like the help versus the big kahuna.

Return to Top
#418661 - 09/07/05 05:29 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
I love the blue color. it is much better than that ugly green. Alot of banks use green, our's does, and I am sick of it.

Return to Top
#418662 - 09/10/05 01:39 AM Re: Nice new crisp look
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
George busted into the bits and bytes. What do you think of the threads now.

I think, thank you, George.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#418663 - 09/10/05 03:10 AM Re: Nice new crisp look
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
No more eye strain with dark blue & black and I love not having to scroll so much!

George, you rock

Return to Top
#418664 - 09/10/05 03:11 AM Re: Nice new crisp look
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
Thank you, George!!! The latest changes are great! With the wider threads and the black-on-blue color change (which I can now read ), everything's good in BOL-land again!

Return to Top
#418665 - 09/11/05 04:35 AM Re: Nice new crisp look
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Three cheers for George! Totally love the new look now. Thank you for taking the byte out!

Return to Top
#418666 - 09/11/05 09:41 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I agree. Thanks George! The colors are much easier on my eyes. Great job!

Return to Top
#418667 - 09/12/05 01:45 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
The wider screen with the lighter blue is terrific. Thanks for the changes.

Return to Top
#418668 - 09/12/05 02:41 PM Re: Nice new crisp look
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
Bravo! Great changes before , now even better!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2