Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#421512 - 09/12/05 09:23 PM Survivor starts this thursday...
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I can't wait. Is there any spoilers for this yet? Who are the 2 Survivors that are coming back this year?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#421513 - 09/12/05 09:24 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
I believe there was a thread on here saying it was Bobby Jon and Steph.

Return to Top
#421514 - 09/12/05 09:28 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yes...EGB has the spoiler site up and running already. She is always good for the inside track of reality TV.

Return to Top
#421515 - 09/12/05 09:29 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
Sorry, didn't go back far enough.

Return to Top
#421516 - 09/12/05 09:32 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not a problem...we need a non spoiler sight anyways. If I read the spoilers I don't enjoy the show as much.

-Builder Chick

Return to Top
#421517 - 09/12/05 10:03 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know but I can't resist reading the spoilers!!

Return to Top
#421518 - 09/12/05 10:34 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
Oh, I could get excited about Bobby Jon and Steph coming back. I was afraid it would be Rob and Amber and since they'd get creamed in the first 2 votes, it wouldn't be any fun.

Return to Top
#421519 - 09/13/05 02:17 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Spoilers say the two coming back are coaching teams, but aren't eligible to be voted off or win. This survivor is really brutal, so they figured having a couple veterans there to help the teams get started was a good idea (and good for ratings).

Return to Top
#421520 - 09/13/05 02:55 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
If they aren't eligible to win, then I hope they're getting PAID to coach - at NFL rates!

Return to Top
#421521 - 09/13/05 05:02 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Rumors have it that the coaches will be around to the merge and whomever has the "winningest" team will get a special prize. Then the coaches will depart and let the others carry on.

Return to Top
#421522 - 09/13/05 07:12 PM Re: Survivor starts this thursday...
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I loved Bobby Jon and Steph. My hubby knew it was them before I did and I was shocked. Looks like it could be another fun interesting year.

Return to Top
#421523 - 09/16/05 04:26 AM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
I thought the first episode was great! Guys dropping like flies! Good thing they had a nurse to care for them! Soooo glad for Stephanie that she got to be on a winning team (for immunity)!!! Sorry to see Jim go so soon, but someone had to be first.

Talkin' about flies... Did you notice the bug on Jim's shirt during tribal council? Ew

Return to Top
#421524 - 09/16/05 10:15 AM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Yes, wasn't it interesting that it was all the big strong guys who were laying around sick and all the gals were up and at 'em? Go girls go!!

Bobby Jon needs to lose about 15 pounds and grow his beard back in, he looks funny all "fat".

Did Jim really vote for *Margaret*? Man, that was clueless. Sure, try to vote off the NURSE first.

Return to Top
#421525 - 09/16/05 11:37 AM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with your thought's on Jim's vote! Who was nursing his arm when he tore the muscle - Margaret!! Duh!

I'm trying to stay away from the spoiler's thread, but according to Probst last night, Steph and Bobby Jon are "playing" the game like everyone else! At times it was frightening to see how the elements affected these guys. Bobby Jon looked VERY bad a couple of times! It's going to be a long 39 days for them! Can't wait to see more!

Return to Top
#421526 - 09/16/05 12:42 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
The one bad thing was that the cameras and interviews were too skewed to Steph and Bobby Jon. They ignored the new people, or should I say, gave them less air time.

Return to Top
#421527 - 09/16/05 01:22 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nanwa,

It is still the first show. I am sure it will even out on camera time.

I was really shocked to hear the BJ and Steph could be voted out and are playing for the prize!

-Builder Chick

Return to Top
#421528 - 09/16/05 01:31 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I was surprised they are full members too.

As for the guys being all dehydrated and puking and such, HELLO!?!?!?! The GUYS were carrying the corn and the supplies for 11 miles on limited food and water. Bobby John was carrying the heaviest load. They exerted themselves more than the girly girls. It should be expected that if anyone was going to get sick and dehydrated it would be the ones doing more than just strutting their way to the win.

Return to Top
#421529 - 09/16/05 01:31 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Ditto BC, I thought they would be captains or something.

Return to Top
#421530 - 09/16/05 02:43 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
I agree with you BF. My hubby walked in as I was watching it (he's not into Survivor). He was like "what happened to all the guys???" And I explained that they were in really rough shape - probably from dehydration and carrying all that crap.

I couldn't believe Jim voted for Margaret either. I thought that was kinda funny, seeing as she was trying to help him with his arm, AND running around helping the other guys too.

Could you believe how scary Bobby John looked? I was getting freaked out when his eyes were rolling back in his head!

Return to Top
#421531 - 09/16/05 03:07 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
First, I thought Bobby Jon was seriously about to keel over with heat stroke the way his eyes were rolling back in his head and Margaret was telling him to "stay with me" and squirting water on him - and then I remembered the medic crew when Michael fell in the fire in Australia and figured they had to have someone close by if it got much worse.

Second, that bug on Jim's shirt gave me the creeps.

Third, either his arm was really hurt and he really needed a sling, or he'd already had enough and was silently telling people to send him home - you just don't admit you're that badly hurt if you want to stick around. But voting for Margaret? What an idiot!!! MOML and I had just said that she was probably safe for quite awhile the way she'd pitched in as team nurse - and then Jim votes for her?!??!?

Looks like a fun season though - and I'm staying OUT of the spoilers!!!!

Return to Top
#421532 - 09/16/05 03:12 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I know this is supposed to be a TV show, and they are supposed to be on their own, but...in a situation like this, shouldn't the sponsors/producers/camera crew have helped? What if Bobby John had a seizure? Would they just film him dying? I mean, it is a GAME, isn't it?

As I recall, when that guy fell into the fire a few seasons back, they stepped out of the show for a little bit, got back to REAL reality, and flew him out of there for medical help. Then restarted the game.

Return to Top
#421533 - 09/16/05 03:31 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
If he'd really been in danger, they would have had the paramedics on him. They may have had someone check him and we just didn't see that part. They do have medical help very close by and have stepped in as needed (Mike Skupin is a prime example, but both Lex & Lindsay in Africa were treated for various things and then returned to the game, which never made it to the show.)

Return to Top
#421534 - 09/16/05 03:41 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
A_G Online
10K Club
Editing and production are wonderful things in the TV world. What they want you to see you do...what they dont want you to see you dont. IF I had a guess they probably were even 'coaching' them on what to do. And I'm not saying the guy wasnt really hurting...but I'm sure the producers had a say on how to do things. Sometimes reality TV isn't so real.

Return to Top
#421535 - 09/16/05 03:55 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
I really could've done without actually SEEING the stuff spewing out of their mouths as they vomitted. The sound was bad enough.

Yay for Steph's team winning! She really needed that boost after last time!

Return to Top
#421536 - 09/16/05 04:47 PM Re: Survivor - NonSpoiler thread
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
You are right BB. Lots of shows (medical shows, like House, or crime shows like Law and Order) will show the person vomiting. I just don't see the need for that.

Movies have gratutitous nudity; now gratutitous sickness?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2