Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#422438 - 09/14/05 05:20 PM Vendor Privacy Policy
heatherdawn Offline
New Poster
Does anyone have a privacy policy that they make vendor's sign, saying that they won't sell or distribute any info that they get from us?? Most vendors have their own privacy policy, but "the boss" thinks that we should also have one of our own that we have all of the vendors sign. Is there anything like that out there?? I've "googled" everything I can think of, and come up empty.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#422439 - 09/14/05 05:43 PM Re: Vendor Privacy Policy
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Our attorney prepared ours. You may wish to speak with your bank's counsel.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#422440 - 09/14/05 07:02 PM Re: Vendor Privacy Policy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Heatherdawn,
PM me your bank email address, I can send you one to get you started. I would also have it blessed by counsel.

Return to Top
#422441 - 09/15/05 07:21 PM Re: Vendor Privacy Policy
RainyDay Offline
New Poster
Under the safeguards provisions of Gramm-Leach-Bliley, financial institutions must have agreements in place with service providers that have access to customers' personal nonpublic information. Service providers affected by the requirement include, but are not limited to, cleaning contractors, delivery and courier services, computer technicians, appraiers, and attorneys. We are a mortgage lender and broker, not a bank, and have such agreements in place.

Return to Top
#422442 - 09/15/05 07:52 PM Re: Vendor Privacy Policy
JohnDoe Offline
100 Club
as well as the GLB requirements, dont forget about the FACTA disposal of information requirements to add as well

Return to Top
#422443 - 01/03/06 02:19 AM Re: Vendor Privacy Policy
tjbanker Offline
Gold Star
Our mortgage department is looking at a mortgage company to process loans that will not close in the bank's name but close directly in the name of the mortgage company. In this company's contract it states that they have the right to solicit the customer at the time of the loan closing (or thereafter) for insurance products. Our Privacy Policy states that we do not give our customer's names out. Is this a violation of our privacy policy?

Return to Top
#422444 - 01/03/06 12:39 PM Re: Vendor Privacy Policy
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The "customer" is not going to be yours, they are going to be the mortgage company's. Sounds like you are acting solely as a broker in this transaction and things like this could be address in the broker agreement that the customer signs with you if you are concerned about it.

Return to Top