Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#422794 - 09/22/05 01:24 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
OMG, is Walt dead? When he appeared to the blonde b%$#*, he was soaking wet, which makes me think he might have escaped and drown.

I wonder what that drug was that Desmond shot into his arm in the beginning sequence?

Oh man, GOOD TV!

I taped E-Ring, (don't know when I will get time to watch it) but I figure that is DOA since it is pitted against Lost. Same with Bones, pitted against NCIS.

Loved Threshold, hated Surface, so-so on Invasion. Mainly because of the likeability/beleivablility of the characters. Surface's characters all seemed like losers and the show did not make me care what happens to them.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#422795 - 09/22/05 01:29 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wonder what that drug was that Desmond shot into his arm in the beginning sequence? I thought it said "insulin" on it...Did I misread it?

Return to Top
#422796 - 09/22/05 02:12 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought the weirdest thing about the hatch scene was how old everything was...The stationary bike, computer equipment, and other fixtures looked like they were from the 70s. If that's true, how long ago did Jack meet Desmond?

Return to Top
#422797 - 09/22/05 02:29 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
AnnL Offline
Gold Star
AnnL
Western PA

I am having trouble with the timeline thing too! How long ago was the flashback Jack had where he met Desmond? It could not have gone back as far as the 70's. That would make Jack in his late 50's or ealry 60's.

The first thing I thought we I saw Walt was that it looked like he had drown too!

More questions again but I guess that's what keeps bring us back.

Return to Top
#422798 - 09/22/05 02:30 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
BW - I wondered the same thing. At first, I just thought that the place was build in the 70's, and that Desmond moved in later. But he was still listening to the 70's music. Makes me wonder if Desmond can project himself, kind of like Walt did (which was weird).

Also, good point on the quarantine being on the inside of the hatch - I didn't think what that really meant at the time. You have to wonder why the island is a quarantine zone.

I also wondered if Desmond knew they were there and has been watching them, or has just been in his own little world this entire time.

One other thing - in the flashback, Desmond seemed to be stronger and faster than Jack - just like Ethan Rom. There were two bunks in the shaft - wonder if this is where Ethan came from. If so, I wonder if Ian was in some weird way trying to help Claire and her baby.

Too many questions.
Last edited by Zamboni Driver; 09/22/05 02:35 PM.

Return to Top
#422799 - 09/22/05 02:54 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Ethan is over on Threshold now.

Was Desmond merely a projection/apparition when he met up with Jack in the arena? Hmmmmmm.....

Return to Top
#422800 - 09/22/05 03:02 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
BigAC Offline
100 Club
BigAC
Sweet, Sweet Appalachia
I noticed that amid all the 70's funishings in the living quarters were a clothes washer and dryer that are straight out of 2005. Kind of a strange thing to notice, I guess. Probably just a goof by the set designers or something.

Return to Top
#422801 - 09/22/05 03:07 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
BigAC, most of the clothes that are hot now are retreads of what we wore in the 70s. Having been there, I know!

Return to Top
#422802 - 09/22/05 04:27 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Is there a link somewhere where I can keep up with a synopsis of the show? I never get home until 9:00 on Wednesdays and never have time to watch the taped show.

Return to Top
#422803 - 09/22/05 06:59 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Rie A Offline
Platinum Poster
Rie A
Maryland
Along the whole timeline issue, did anyone else think that the people on the boat looked like they might be older versions of some of the plane crash survivors?

Did anyone notice the number on the wall in the tunnel, wasn't it the same as the flight number?

And, where DID Kate go, or Ethan for that matter?

Is Desmond one of the “others” or is he watching them too? There doesn’t seem to be enough room down there for all of the men who kidnapped Walt.

As usual, more questions than answers, but I guess that must be what keeps us going back!

Return to Top
#422804 - 09/22/05 07:11 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I love this show and hate this show!!! Nothing like teasing the audience. Not sure what to think about what happend with Walt yet. Hopefully some of our questions will get answered next week.

Return to Top
#422805 - 09/22/05 07:19 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you think it was Ted who was behind the tree? Could the person in the woods have been Norris? And what about that plane that flew overhead, did you notice the shape of the tail?

Return to Top
#422806 - 09/22/05 07:29 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, If you go to ABC's website you can read a dairy or a breakdown of the episodes. It is pretty good. They also have a good chat site for bouncing around ideas about the plot.

Return to Top
#422807 - 09/22/05 07:31 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry last post was to Queen Mums question above.

Return to Top
#422808 - 09/22/05 08:27 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you also notice the numbers were on the bottle of medicine Desmond used and that the man who died in the ER of Jacks flash back "Rutherford" had the same last name as Shannon.

Return to Top
#422809 - 09/22/05 08:41 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Quote:

the man who died in the ER of Jacks flash back "Rutherford" had the same last name as Shannon.

I just read on another website that this was Shannon's father who died in the ER from the car crash.

Quote:

Along the whole timeline issue, did anyone else think that the people on the boat looked like they might be older versions of some of the plane crash survivors?

I thought the same thing! I also read that, possibly, the entire story is based on a "Rousseau theory" involving the numbers. The theory is quite complicated, and deals with the idea that we all have a "twin" somewhere, and there are 4 degrees of separation between you and your twin.

Fascinating stuff. and the French lady's name is Rousseau, isn't it?

Return to Top
#422810 - 09/22/05 08:53 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Do you think it was Ted who was behind the tree? Could the person in the woods have been Norris? And what about that plane that flew overhead, did you notice the shape of the tail?

Are you yanking my chain?

Who are Ted and Norris?

Return to Top
#422811 - 09/22/05 09:24 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
huntik Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
...and who is Ethan?

Return to Top
#422812 - 09/22/05 09:52 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ethan was the guy who kidnapped Claire last season, and then was shot by Charlie

Return to Top
#422813 - 09/23/05 01:29 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
huntik Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
I must have missed that one, thanks.

What about Ted and Norris?

Return to Top
#422814 - 09/23/05 01:41 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Anon was messing with you about Ted and Norris...

Return to Top
#422815 - 09/23/05 01:49 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
huntik Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
Oh...that makes me feel better then.
Thanks

Return to Top
#422816 - 09/23/05 09:39 PM Re: What's in the hatch? Lost season 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

i get the three letter word (MaN) but what was the 7 letter word which started and ended with the same letter?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2