Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#425091 - 09/20/05 06:00 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
The Project Revolution Concert was awesome!! except me and my bf got seats instead of lawn and we were on the 2nd to last row i was mad, if i would have known they were going to be that bad i would have opted(sp) for lawn, everyone from lawn rushed the stage when Korn came on!! it was awesome Korn is sooo good live and so is Linkin Park and at the end they did a song together!!! So awesome!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#425092 - 09/20/05 06:04 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

OK, I'll start. When I was in college, I passed up the chance to see Muddy Waters open for Eric Clapton. My excuse is that, at that time, I did not really know who Muddy Waters was and maybe I did not fully appreciate Clapton's stature in rock 'n' roll.

Z, I saw your list of concerts in the other thread - you've been to some great shows, but this was a big miss!

Return to Top
#425093 - 09/20/05 06:24 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Nat King Cole and Eva Cassidy. Both in a heaven I hope to get to some day...filled with their amazing voices!

Oh, if we are talking performers from before my time...

On 20th Century performers who were in their prime before my time, I wish I'd been around to see: Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Prima, Louis Jordan, W.C. Handy, the Glenn Miller Band, Sam Cooke, Louis Armstrong, Jim Croce....

I would love to have been around in the 1950s to have seen one of the early Rock Shows with Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Carl Perkins, the Platters, etc.... That had to have been exciting! Or maybe in the 1960s to go to a Motown review with Stevie Wonder, the Temptations, the Four Tops, the Supremes, Martha and the Vandellas....

Return to Top
#425094 - 09/20/05 06:35 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Eva was during your time darling Nat was before your time.

I've always been a huge NKC fan. I can't imagine how nice it must have been to hear that velvet voice in person!

Eva had Nat's style (velvet) voice and amazing talent. IF you don't know Eva's work http://evacassidy.org/eva/ visit here and listen to a couple of clips. She died before she became famous (She was number 1 in Europe a few years ago). Once you listen to her voice..I dare you not to become a fan

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#425095 - 09/20/05 06:41 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
The Lay's people and the Chips Ahoy people tried to bet me before too, Dawnie, and I never caved! What makes yo uthink that you can win this time?!

Return to Top
#425096 - 09/20/05 06:42 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
You're easy pickin's Ron heh heh

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#425097 - 09/20/05 07:14 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wish I could have gone to SNL in New York City and seen the Blues Brothers perform live.
--- pale writer ---
"A cop car? I get outta jail and you pick me up in a cop car?"

Return to Top
#425098 - 09/20/05 07:23 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Elvis, and I have to agree with Z on Stevie Ray Vaughn.

When I was young and my family was vacationing, we tried to get tickets to see Elvis, but they were sold out in no time. That would have been awesome. He died that next year.

Return to Top
#425099 - 09/20/05 07:49 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

I wish I could have gone to SNL in New York City and seen the Blues Brothers perform live.
--- pale writer ---

Oh yeah... and Gilda...what a blast that would have been.
Quote:

"A cop car? I get outta jail and you pick me up in a cop car?"

Return to Top
#425100 - 09/20/05 08:40 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
Quote:

My first weekend away at college as a freshman, (September 1984) I could have seen Bruce Springsteen-decided that the keg party was more important....I am not a huge Springsteen fan, but Born In the USA was the HOT HOT HOT album...what a mistake that was...

That's also my one concert regret. December 1984 he was in Lexington, KY, just 4 hours away. It was also my freshman year in college. Of all the dumb things I did in college, missing Springsteen was probably the dumbest.

Return to Top
#425101 - 09/20/05 08:48 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Bob Seger. I swear I would travel to see him in concert, but every summer I check and there is never a tour.

Return to Top
#425102 - 09/20/05 08:52 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
cologirl@heart Offline
Gold Star
cologirl@heart
WY - still a CO girl, though
Dolly and Kenny when they used to perform together...

Garth Brooks before his retirement....

Elvis in his younger years (not in the 70s)...

Sha-na-na in real life...

Frank Sinatra....

Return to Top
#425103 - 09/21/05 01:45 AM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ray Charles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#425104 - 09/21/05 05:00 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Quote:

..... All of the original Floyd played (except for looney tune Syd Barrett of course).

For me it's a toss up between Zepplin and Floyd. If I could go back but could only see one of them I think I'd tear myself in two!

BTW - after Roger Waters left Pink Floyd, after The Wall, there were no original members in the band!

Return to Top
#425105 - 09/21/05 06:02 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Really? Even Wright and Mason? I thought they were there from the beginning. At any rate their music definintely went down hill after Waters except for a random good song or 2. Those are my 2 favorite bands too WildTurkey.

Return to Top
#425106 - 09/21/05 06:27 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Original lineup: Syd Barrett, Richard Wright, Roger Waters, and Nick Mason. Bob Klose left before they started recording to be a photographer

Return to Top
#425107 - 09/21/05 06:51 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Huey Lewis and the News - circa "Heart of Rock and Roll". I was a huge fan, but also a broke college kid. I could hear the bass from my dorm room - which was just too depressing.

I also wish I'd spent the money to see the Eagles. At the time, it seemed like a life savings, but it would have been soooo worth it! I may get another chance with them, though!

By the way, my dad (who thinks the world would be a better place with only talk radio, no CD's, no concerts) saw Elvis back in the 50's. He still talks about how great it was. He must have been some kind of performer!

Return to Top
#425108 - 09/21/05 06:54 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wish I could have seen Rush in their early years, perhaps after the release of 2112.

Return to Top
#425109 - 09/21/05 07:05 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Huey Lewis and the News were performing at the Hard Rock in Vegas two years ago when I was there. A few from our group went to see them and said it was a great show.

Return to Top
#425110 - 09/21/05 08:07 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Quote:

Original lineup: Syd Barrett, Richard Wright, Roger Waters, and Nick Mason. Bob Klose left before they started recording to be a photographer

So you found the entry in wikipedia too! .... Sorry, it looks like I was wrong, but it may be one of the earlier line-ups of the precursor bands that had neither Mason onr Wright.

Return to Top
#425111 - 09/21/05 08:09 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Speaking of which, what is Syd up to these days???

Return to Top
#425112 - 09/21/05 08:28 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
As I stated in the other concert thread, number one without a doubt is Queen, bumming I'll never see Freddy live. Also on the list, Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Return to Top
#425113 - 09/21/05 08:43 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Quote:

I wish I could have seen Rush in their early years, perhaps after the release of 2112.

Their live album "All The World's A Stage" is from the 2112 tour. You may not be able to see it but you can still hear it. Just incredible.

I would love to have seen them in the late 70's or early 80's, but I was too young.

Return to Top
#425114 - 09/21/05 09:39 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

Quote:

Their live album "All The World's A Stage" is from the 2112 tour. You may not be able to see it but you can still hear it. Just incredible.

I would love to have seen them in the late 70's or early 80's, but I was too young.

I wasn't too young; I did see them (I think it was in '82 on the Moving Pictures tour). They were technically great and it was an excellent show. But I have to say that they were so focused on their music that there wasn't much interaction with the crowd. It was like listening to the album.

But just to watch Geddy Lee doing three things at once (bass, sing, pedal synth) is pretty cool. I think he's one of the best bassists in rock, and Neal Peart is an amazing drummer.

Return to Top
#425115 - 09/21/05 09:46 PM Re: I Wish I'd Seen ______________ in Concert
Anonymous
Unregistered

I’ve seen Rush a number of times since Grace Under Pressure. They have to be some of the best musicians. Geddy and Neil are incredible. Geddy can’t hit the notes like he ounce could, that’s why I would like to have seen them in their earlier years.

A band influenced by Rush (and old Genesis) is Dream Theater. I’ve been able to see them every time through here since their CD Images and Words. Another band with awesome musicians.

Too bad I was too young to see early Rush and early Genesis.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3