Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#426265 - 09/22/05 12:26 AM Stuck in my job. Suggestions?
Peg 6897 Offline
100 Club
I've been in loan servicing for 9 years (seems like forever). I pretty much have learned as much as I'm going to, and am quite bored. After reading all the posts in the past few months on BOL, I've been wanting to learn more about going into compliance. What classes, schools, etc are there that I could do? Anything available online? My bank is pretty good about paying for all classes I want to take (through AIB/CFT - got almost all the diplomas they offer). Any suggestions, ideas, advice? Thanks!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#426266 - 09/22/05 04:27 PM Re: Stuck in my job. Suggestions?
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
There are lots of seminars you can attend. We go to many put on by Pegasus and Professional Bank Services. Since you've been in loan servicing for so long, you probably have a leg up on the loan compliance. Let your supervisors know your desire. Unfortunately, the best way to do it is just jump in. That's how most of us have learned - baptism by fire. Is there someone at your bank doing compliance now that you could shadow? You might start there.

Return to Top
#426267 - 09/23/05 06:32 PM Re: Stuck in my job. Suggestions?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ICBA put on a 2 week compliance seminar. You might want to check that out, especially if your bank is willing to pay.

Return to Top
#426268 - 09/23/05 08:39 PM Re: Stuck in my job. Suggestions?
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Also, if your bank orders any of the BOL webinars (which they should ) you could sit in on those.

Return to Top
#426269 - 09/23/05 09:07 PM Re: Stuck in my job. Suggestions?
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
What state are you located in? Between ABA and WBA (Wisconsin) you can take classes in almost any compliance area.

Return to Top
#426270 - 09/24/05 01:54 AM Re: Stuck in my job. Suggestions?
Peg 6897 Offline
100 Club
Thanks for the responses. I'm in New York. We have used BOL Webinars, and I've sat in on them when I've known about them. Very good! I also looked into the Pegasus as was mentioned in the first post. Looks reasonable. I know some basics of some regs (who can know them all, right? ). Looking for a more intensive learning experience.

Return to Top