Learn More - Click Here!

Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38
Thread Options
#760467 - 06/25/07 11:05 PM Re: Weight Watchers hobot
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
The Kashi TLC (Tasty Little Chew) is very good. I like the peanut butter one best. This is not something I would eat very often, fruit is a better choice, but it is a nice occasional treat.

In order to lose weight and keep it off, one must make lifestyle changes, just no other way. It is also true that the changes you make to lose weight are the same things you must keep on doing to maintain a weight loss.

Good luck hobot.

Return to Top
#760490 - 06/26/07 02:23 AM Re: Weight Watchers Suzie
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I like the TLC bars, but the Go Lean bars (there are bars and rolls) are what I use for a high protein snack when I do extensive exercise. I love the Go Lean chocolate and peanut butter roll and the oatmeal raisin cookie roll! I haven't found a flavor that I didn't like.

I have also been making some frozen parfait treats using pudding and fresh fruit. They are basically sugar free fat free instant jello chocolate pudding (6 serving size) and 2 cups of sugar free fat free whipped topping mixed together. I layer it in 6 oz disposable cups with either fresh fruit or crushed graham crackers (or both) and freeze it. Pull it out of the freezer, turn it upside down in a bowl, let sit for 15 minutes, and enjoy! It is like chocolate ice cream, very yummy.

Return to Top
#764392 - 06/29/07 12:21 AM Re: Weight Watchers hobot
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Hey all,

It's been a really long time since I checked in...I am at a weight that is very comfortable for me (still 5 shy of goal) and I love it!

I am maintaining easily. I weigh a couple of times a week to make sure I'm not outta control, but so far so good.

Return to Top
#767254 - 07/03/07 04:11 PM Re: Weight Watchers cheekEE
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Ok, I need a little pep talk here. With the 4th of July (BBQ's, fireworks), there will be tons of food temptations for me, and I'm feeling a little down because I'm still working really hard and very careful about what I put in my mouth, but I've been super busy and exercised fewer days than I should and consequently only lost 1 lb. in the past 9 days. Sigh.

Where's the support crew? Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom to keep me motivated - you guys are the best!

Return to Top
#767324 - 07/03/07 04:43 PM Re: Weight Watchers BurntSienna
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS. I'm not there yet, but I am 30 lbs closer than I was last year at this time. And shopping in the "other side" of the store is GREAT. (Can't buy everything in the "normal" departments yet, but I'm getting there.) And I am now off of two of my three blood pressure meds.

After you drop the initial weight, the lbs come off much slower--but you KNOW it's worth it. Just put on something that you wore before you started and see how it fits. THAT will lift your spirits.

Take foods with you that you can munch on just in case the choices aren't too good if you are going out somewhere. (Girl's gotta eat!) And enjoy some of the classics of the season--watermelon, grill some chicken with fresh pineapple. Low points, but yummy.

Return to Top
#767371 - 07/03/07 05:04 PM Re: Weight Watchers BurntSienna
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Good for you, down another pound! It is true, it is the slow loss that really sticks so don't get frusterated.

As for the holiday, just try and make healthy food choices. Keep hydrated, choose lean meat, fruits and veggies and you will be fine. Enjoy the festives and on Thursday, get right back to your weight loss plan.

Good luck and let us know how things went for you!

Return to Top
#767604 - 07/03/07 07:19 PM Re: Weight Watchers Suzie
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thank you Suzie and Brenda!!! Your kind words were exactly what I needed.

Return to Top
#784767 - 07/27/07 06:01 PM Re: Weight Watchers BurntSienna
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Am below goal weight and that sure feels good.

So those of you working hard at losing or maintaining your loss, what was the event that motivated you to lose weight?

For me it was a constant state of exhaustion and the fat lady I saw in the mirror. My first week of WW I lost 7 pounds and I was hooked. Today, my only regret is that I waited so long to lose weight.

Hope you are all doing well --

Return to Top
#784841 - 07/27/07 06:47 PM Re: Weight Watchers Suzie
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
My 'event' was being 5 pounds away from delivering a baby...but not being pregnant. I gained 40 pounds with each kid...at 174 I go into labor. When I hit 169 I thought "nope, no way, not happening" and I got my rear in gear.

I've been maintaining 145 (my goal) for some time now...even had thoughts of trying to get to 140 (high school weight was 130-135 but I was too skinny).

My main support in maintaining comes from my friends that I do kickboxing with and now a group at work that's doing a weight loss challenge. I know I wont/cant loose enough to win, but am participating to encourage me not to gain.

Return to Top
#784846 - 07/27/07 06:51 PM Re: Weight Watchers Suzie
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Congrats Suzie on all of your hard work and dedication! It's wonderful when it finally pays off isn't it?

I think the motivation for me was similar to yours, I was just tired of being a fat guy, afraid to step on a scale and face reality.

I too regret not doing this sooner, I am so enjoying being the "athletic guy" instead of "the fat guy"! I have competed in a 5k and 10k race so far this summer and a 22 mile bike race. I have another bike race scheduled this fall and would really like to do a half marathon in September but I don't know if I will have time to travel to it.

Congrats again on your accomplishment Suzie and I hope all of our WW pals are doing well also....

Return to Top
#784911 - 07/27/07 07:14 PM Re: Weight Watchers thomasj
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Congratulations, Suzie, J.L.J., and Thomas! Great work and keep up the maintaining part. You've both really accomplished big losses - kudos!

I'm plugging along, day by day. I'm eating very healthy and exercising on average 4 or 5 days per week for at least an hour each time. I'm riding my bike again, and it's so fun. I'm down 24 pounds since Easter, and I feel better than I have in years. I'm still doing the no-sugar-no-flour diet, although I have decided upon a day each week that I choose to eat small quantities of sugar and flour at one of my meals, so as not to go crazy! But I'd say I eat 99% less sugar and at least one whole loaf of bread less each week than I used to do. My diet is primarily lean chicken, lean fish, occasionally 93% lean beef, rice, and fruits and veggies. I haven't had a cold or upper respiratory infection either, since the week before Easter when I was horribly ill, and that's a huge improvement for me. I think the increased nutrient level (from food, not vitamin pills) is the key for my body.

Return to Top
#855691 - 11/16/07 02:00 AM Re: Weight Watchers BurntSienna
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
I can't let this thread die as I'm eager to hear how the regular posters are doing and others who have recently started a weight loss journey, hello to you too and how are you doing?

I'm still fighting exercise, pretty much follow the Core eating plan (I love it) and am training to be a WW receptionist. I have a real fear of gaining my weight back and working for WW is another tool to keep me on track. I also think it is a great program.

Return to Top
#855756 - 11/16/07 01:33 PM Re: Weight Watchers Suzie
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Seeing this thread again warms my heart! Great to hear that you are still with the program Suzie, I hope to hear from some of the others who were a part of this thread and anyone who is starting or thinking of starting the program.

I am still maintaining my weight @ about 135 keeping off that extra 111 pounds. I am running at least 5 miles a day, running at least 10+ miles once a week, taking nice long challenging bike rides as a break from running about once a week, and am doing some weight training. I have run in 5k's, 10k's, and a half marathon this summer as well as competing in a couple of bike races. I have a nice collection of medals and trophies for my summer's work. For some, this may not sound like much but as a child I was told that I could never run or play organized sports because I was asthmatic. I guess I have discovered my inner jock at the age of 40.....

Return to Top
#855803 - 11/16/07 02:19 PM Re: Weight Watchers Suzie
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Our local Weight Watchers chapter folded this past year. Next closest meeting is 50 miles away so I joined the gym and hired a personal trainer. Just started with that so hopefully I'll be seeing some results in a few weeks!

Return to Top
#855856 - 11/16/07 03:09 PM Re: Weight Watchers RR Sarah
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Go Sarah!!

I've 'fallen off the wagon'. I quit going to kickboxing this summer and haven't been running as much as I'd like. I've gained about 8 pounds which is incredibly frustrating with the holidays looming. I'm trying to get my self more motivated:

I've ran twice this week and will go again tomorrow and hopefully Sunday.
My volleyball league has started, so that's another night of activity.
I'm coaching my son's basketball team and trying to get as much exercise out of that as I can.
I'm trying to talk the BF into a fitness/weight loss challenge. He needs to loose about 40 pounds, I'd like to loose 10 so I asked if he'd like to compete and see who could loose 10% of their body weight first. I'll honestly never make it, but it would motivate me if he was trying to work out more.

Return to Top
#856100 - 11/16/07 05:00 PM Re: Weight Watchers RR Jen
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Hi all. I've been going to WW since 10/01. Originally lost 40 lbs, but over the years found 15 back. Right now, I'm really struggling but for this whole year have been "maintaining" at 10 lbs over my goal. Interestingly enough, the weight I've been maintaining is the weight they list as maximum for my height and age group. I just would like to be 10 pounds less. Good luck to all my fellow "losers" -- stay strong this holiday season. Remember, as my WW Leader always says, it's Thanksgiving DAY not Thanksgiving Week

Return to Top
#856112 - 11/16/07 05:06 PM Re: Weight Watchers EllenA
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
On the holidays, since the change in my lifestyle, the holidays have become so much less about the food and more about spending time with my family and being truly thankful for what I have and where I am. Eating in moderation on Thanksgiving day while maybe having 1 treat is not that difficult and you will feel better about it the next day. If I find myself thinking about second or third helpings, I always ask myself "How will I feel about this tomorrow when I wake up at 5 to go running?"

Good luck all!

Return to Top
#856339 - 11/16/07 07:41 PM Re: Weight Watchers thomasj
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
I am new to weight watchers. Prior to joining I watched calories and fat grams but I still kept gaining weight.

Now after 10 weeks (flex) I've gone from 120 down to 114...and it has been very easy.

Return to Top
#856389 - 11/16/07 08:06 PM Re: Weight Watchers LoisLane
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
114!! That's it, Lois, you are OFF my mentor list. I think I may have weighed 114 in GRADE SCHOOL. Just for that, I'm going to get a candy bar. (just kiddin') Good for you. I've never thought you needed to worry about your weight. You've always looked great to me.

I have lost 41 lbs since February, but boy it's hard this time of year. Actually I don't know if it's the time of year as much as family and job stress (my bank has been sold). I do know that I have worked too hard to go back to my old ways. I'll just have to stay focused and make sure I have my low point favorites around when I need a little smackeral!

Return to Top
#856488 - 11/16/07 09:06 PM Re: Weight Watchers BrendaC
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Geezzzz... I went back to the first page of this thread and I posted on 9/23/05 my story and said I needed to loose ten pounds to get back to goal.. so I've been maintaining this for 2 years. That is it. I've got to get really tough, holidays or not. It's easier in the beginning because you make a (for me anyway)a drastic change in your eating habits and then you get into a routine that helps you lose the weight but now, I'm on this plateau (if 2 years can be considered that)and I think I just got tired of it all. But seriously, TWO YEARS.. I hope the shock of this revelation jumpstarts my resolve. We'll see.

Return to Top
#856527 - 11/16/07 09:26 PM Re: Weight Watchers LoisLane
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Originally Posted By: LoisLane
I am new to weight watchers. Prior to joining I watched calories and fat grams but I still kept gaining weight.

Now after 10 weeks (flex) I've gone from 120 down to 114...and it has been very easy.

Lois, how tall are you? Is this a healthy weight for you? If so, wonderful! I just know that at 5'5" and my medium build, even 120 is a little too thin for me.

Return to Top
#856568 - 11/16/07 09:44 PM Re: Weight Watchers Nanwa
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Lois is not very tall, but believe me, she looks fine. I only wish I...(never mind, sigh).

Return to Top
#857178 - 11/19/07 06:20 PM Re: Weight Watchers Nanwa
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
I'm only 5' (down from the last time Brenda saw me--because of osteoperosis).

The 120 pounds was a problem because the fat is right in the middle instead of all over.

Return to Top
#857263 - 11/19/07 07:28 PM Re: Weight Watchers LoisLane
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
My Ma used to say that she used to have an hour glass figure, until the sand started getting stuck in the middle!

Return to Top
#858515 - 11/20/07 09:10 PM Re: Weight Watchers Nanwa
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Has anyone joined the online Weight Watchers? Hubby and I are thinking of doing that first of 2008 and I wondered if anyone else here in BOL land has tried it that way? Dr just bumped one of his blood pressure meds up again, we need to get much better at what we eat and both drop a few pounds.

Return to Top
Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett