Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 37 38
Thread Options
#426715 - 09/22/05 08:36 PM Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I joined almost two weeks ago. Wondered if anyone else has or is doing weight watchers and what your successes have been.

I lost 3 lbs. last week and haven't weighed myself this week to see if I have lost any more. I have actually been doing well with sticking to my points each day and not using the extra points they give you. I haven't cheated even once! And I really do feel a lot better. I just hope I can, or I should say, I WILL stick to it!

Return to Top
#426716 - 09/22/05 08:51 PM Re: Weight Watchers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I am doing it again (lost a bunch of weight on if pre-Natalie's birth)then got preggers and quit!

Last week was my first weigh in with 4.4 lbs lost! For me the weekly meetings make or break the program. In the past if I skipped a meeting, I gained weight. I need the support - or the peer pressure - to lose!

I'm doing to flex program.

Return to Top
#426717 - 09/22/05 09:00 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Great job on the 4.4 lbs. I know what you mean about the meetings. Knowing you are going to be weighing in every week makes you want to do better. Peer pressure is a good term for it!

Return to Top
#426718 - 09/22/05 10:08 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
I joined Weight Watchers about a year ago and quickly lost 30 pounds. Then I stalled. Ok, so I cheated a little bit and got comfortable.
Then I went to the gym and although really haven't lost weight, I have lost inches and clothes are fitting better.
Don't be afraid to use your flex points. Sometimes you need them to help fight off cravings!!

Good luck!

Return to Top
#426719 - 09/23/05 12:30 PM Re: Weight Watchers
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
I love Weight Watchers. I joined when I needed to lose a few pounds, and for me knowing that I was going to have to weigh in every week was what really kept me motivated. But ever since then, I still use the point system to help me decide what foods to eat, and whether or not a particular food is "worth it."

Return to Top
#426720 - 09/23/05 01:13 PM Re: Weight Watchers
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

I joined almost two weeks ago. Wondered if anyone else has or is doing weight watchers and what your successes have been.

I lost 3 lbs. last week and haven't weighed myself this week to see if I have lost any more. I have actually been doing well with sticking to my points each day and not using the extra points they give you. I haven't cheated even once! And I really do feel a lot better. I just hope I can, or I should say, I WILL stick to it!

My assistant has lost a lot of weight on it. Another woman I know lost about 25 lbs, so far. She has sort of plateaued, but she admits it is her own fault, not Weight Watchers.

Return to Top
#426721 - 09/23/05 02:10 PM Re: Weight Watchers
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
I joined in October of 01 and lost 47lbs over a years time. I joined because my husbands doctor told him he HAD to lose weight. We joined together, he lost 45 pounds. Two months later our best friends joined also, she lost 50lbs and he lost 30lbs. We still go every week to the meetings. Our friends have kept the weight off, my husband has too but he still needs to lose more weight to get to goal. Unfortunately, my blood pressure medication had to be changed three or four times after I lost the initial weight, and even though I was still watching my points at a maintenance level (in opposed to the "lose" level) I gained 5 or 6 lbs with every medicine change. Now, I'm struggling to lose about 10 pounds that would bring me to a total of 35 pounds down from my original weight in 01. Weight Watchers really works, I think the meetings are very important. They keep you focused, and with the right leader, they keep you inspired. The four of us go every week and look forward to them. Good luck. (My husband, girlfriend and I are on points, other husband on core)

Return to Top
#426722 - 09/23/05 02:17 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Midwest Banker Offline
Gold Star
Cheeseland
I too belong to WW. I have been on maintenance for quite some time. For me, I liked the flexability of the program; being able to eat anything, as long as it was in moderation. It took me a long time to lose the weight and at times it was a struggle. Of course, I did not push the exercise or anything.

I too have gotten a bit lax and put some weight back on but have lost 6 pounds of it and have 7 more to go to be at my ideal spot.

Keep up the good work!

Return to Top
#426723 - 09/23/05 03:03 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I have a close friend who joined WW with his wife about 2 years ago. They have lost over a 100 lbs each. Yes, I said each.

Return to Top
#426724 - 09/23/05 03:07 PM Re: Weight Watchers
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
A girl I work with joined with her husband last year, (he has heart problems and had to get some weight off) and she is down 72lbs and he is down 80lbs.

Return to Top
#426725 - 09/23/05 03:23 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Wow, a lot of inspiring stories. Thanks everyone!

Return to Top
#426726 - 09/23/05 03:42 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Anonymous
Unregistered

LadyLuck, if you can, get the book that WW offers that shows how many points each item is in restaurants. This was really helpful to me. We can still go to our favorite restaurants and I can see what I'm able to eat and still be within my points.

Return to Top
#426727 - 09/23/05 03:49 PM Re: Weight Watchers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Don't waste your money on the book - (per my team leader)the plan is changing again in January. Go to www.dwlz.com she has a FANTASTIC list of every restaurant you can think of!

Yikes - One Chipotle Carnitas Burrito has 1130 cal/45 g fat/13 g fiber and is about 26 points. That is more than I am allowed in ONE day!!!
Last edited by Mom of Princess Nataliebear; 09/23/05 04:20 PM.
Return to Top
#426728 - 09/23/05 04:36 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
My brother in law and sister in law joined about a year ago. She would never go outside the point count, which made her visit during vacation a bummer, cause I didn't think she was having any fun, measuring and counting everything. He occasionally would loosen up. But, it is the only program that has worked for her. They are both is down at least 50 pounds each, and their blood pressure and cholesterol are much improved. She now is a counselor for Weight Watchers, she is so high on the program.

From what I see, it works!

I would like to get the book, but I am only concerned with 5 pounds, so I don't want to sign up when I can drop that with more exercise and less desserts. But I am interested in learning which products are better for me than others.

Return to Top
#426729 - 09/23/05 06:45 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I actually got the books about a year ago. My sister-in-law was going to WW and she bought a set for me, but until a couple of weeks ago, they sat on a shelf collecting dust. Now I carry them everywhere .... well, just about. It helps attending the meetings and being able to talk to other people in the program. The support is great. I am not way over my weight goal. I want to lose a total of 20 lbs., which for me is a lot.

Thanks for the website MoPNB. I will definitely check it out.

Return to Top
#426730 - 09/26/05 02:29 PM Re: Weight Watchers
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Congrats to all the "losers"!! I am a lifetime member myself but of course not currently doing the Program. I can't wait for the Grasshopper to get here so I can go back on Program and I can start losing!

Return to Top
#426731 - 09/26/05 04:22 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Yikes - One Chipotle Carnitas Burrito has 1130 cal/45 g fat/13 g fiber and is about 26 points. That is more than I am allowed in ONE day!!!

I love Chipotle

Return to Top
#426732 - 09/27/05 05:06 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Thought this would get a laugh here - I have to have a tooth pulled tommorrow. Now that's not funny, but I haven't been able to chew, so I have been losing weight. After the dentist poked and probed, then peeled me off the ceiling to tell me to go to an oral surgeon and have the thing pulled, I thought I would go to the Dairy Queen and get one of those calorie-laden moolattes. They look so good on the posters. Well I got one, but ended up wearing most of the whipped cream, because I couldn't open my numbed mouth enough to get the darn spoon in! Hope no one was watching - it was embarassing!

PS. I was disappointed. It didn't taste that good. Either I can't get over my opinion that coffee must be drunk hot, or the tooth infection is messing up my taste buds. Oh well, I'm off to my lunch of soup and smoothie. Maybe I can slide a cracker in.

Return to Top
#426733 - 09/27/05 05:12 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Don't discount that the Novocaine (or whatever they use now)may have affected your taste buds. The last time I had any work done, nothing tasted right until the numbness wore off.

Return to Top
#426734 - 09/27/05 05:26 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Nanwa - sorry about your dental problems. I love those moolattes and so does my aunt, who is seriously underweight.

Return to Top
#426735 - 09/27/05 06:30 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
What's driving me crazy is that my gums are itching. I wish this was over, so I could start healing.

Return to Top
#426736 - 09/29/05 05:35 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Tooth's gone, pain's gone! Whew! I was beginning to think I would never feel good again. I haven't had to deal with pain like that ever, and don't want to ever again.

The funny thing, they gave me a prescription for vicotin for the pain. Pain? I needed those last Saturday! Now that the tooth is out, the pain is so minor I can get by with an aspirin. I guess I will save them for the next migraine or the next time MOML drops something on his foot.

Return to Top
#426737 - 09/29/05 05:41 PM Re: Weight Watchers
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Nanwa, send me the vicodin, I can get $25 per capsule on the streets of NO, as all the dealers move to Houston with the evacuation!!!!

Return to Top
#426738 - 09/29/05 05:49 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Lavender Offline
Gold Star
Lavender
I lost 14 pounds in just over a month...only 40 more to go (yow)!

I love popcorn and the WW frozen foods (Chicken Santa Fe...only 2 points...also they have ice cream sandwiches...2 points!

Return to Top
#426739 - 09/29/05 05:57 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Quote:

Nanwa, send me the vicodin, I can get $25 per capsule on the streets of NO, as all the dealers move to Houston with the evacuation!!!!

Oh Happy...the only problem is you wouldn't look good in those standard black and white striped uniforms and those ankle bracelets they call shackles!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 37 38

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett