Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 37 38
Thread Options
#426815 - 12/19/05 08:53 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Way to go Suzie! That is awesome! I have no doubt you will make your new goal.

Return to Top
#426816 - 12/19/05 09:46 PM Re: Weight Watchers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I am a little nervous to see how tonight's weigh in goes.

Bears game last night, tailgating, hmmm...there's always
next week!!!

But I did run 2 miles yesterday morning...maybe that helped.

Return to Top
#426817 - 12/20/05 06:55 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Does anyone use the e-tools on the weight watchers web site? Is it worth the money?

Return to Top
#426818 - 12/21/05 06:27 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
NancyC, I have not used e-tools but when I joined WW was given code to use site free for brief trial period. If I still have my pass & can find it, I will pm it to you. Another idea, you could ask the group leader for a free pass.

On occasion I do browse the WW message boards but have never posted. The site is extreme; inspirational with many losing a lot of weight and very depressing as many posters OP forever but little if any weight loss.

Merry Christmas All -

Return to Top
#426819 - 12/21/05 07:01 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Thanks Suzie. I have looked at the message boards also, but I wasn't really impressed with them. I was just curious about the online points calculator. Merry Christmas to everyone also.

Return to Top
#426820 - 12/22/05 07:19 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
I weighed in this morning and I am up .2 lbs. Maybe I'm just retaining a little fluid. I'm actually proud of myself though because our breakroom is FULL of candy and stuff. Everytime I go by the door, there is more stuff. I have not touched any of it. It actually is so much it is almost disgusting. I'll just keep sticking with it! Again, Merry Christmas to all.

Return to Top
#426821 - 12/28/05 01:40 AM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
No WW this past Sunday and I don’t have a regular meeting again until 1/8/06. I appreciate the additional time to recoup following the holiday feeding frenzy! My good nutrition intentions went out the window on Christmas Eve; about the time I had my second glass of wine. Christmas day it was a little more holiday cheer and a prime rib dinner. I thoroughly enjoyed every morsel consumed. Points you say? Too many for sure but in a lifetime of eating what is another day and a half!

Anyway, Monday morning I was back on WP. I’m still pumped and going to make 32 pounds by Valentines Day –

Return to Top
#426822 - 12/28/05 02:58 PM Re: Weight Watchers
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Suzie...My weekend went exactly the same as yours except I have a meeting on Thursday. Actually, I have a free pass that I am going to use so I can pay but not weigh in...I need an extra week to recoup. I was hoping to hit the 20 lb mark by year end but Christmas festivities shot a great big whole in that plan! Oh well, I'm back on the plan now, which is the important thing.

Return to Top
#426823 - 12/28/05 03:13 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
I also feel off the wagon over the weekend. But I got right back on. I will have to face the music on Thursday. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

Return to Top
#426824 - 12/28/05 04:07 PM Re: Weight Watchers
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
I go Thursday too. I hadn't thought about passing on the scales but I may. I think I really need to know how deep a hole I dug for myself. In any case, I'm back on, though it seems harder now after being bad. WE can encourage each other. I don't want any of the 24 lbs back..

Return to Top
#426825 - 12/28/05 04:52 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying the Holidays as long as we get right back on track. That is what is important. I also indulged, but I am back on my points this week. It didn't seem to hurt me too much. I had lost a couple of more pounds before Christmas (not intentionally), and now I seem to be back at my goal weight. Just trying to maintain at this point. It is nice to see the encouragement and support in this thread.

Return to Top
#426826 - 12/28/05 05:42 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Thanks LadyLuck for starting this thread. The BOL support has been great.

It is empowering to know that with WW even when we do make less than healthy food choices we have not blown the plan, we just need to get back on track. With the typical weight loss diet I would fall off and that would be the end of the diet.

Sarah, txbkr, Nancy and every other WW on BOL, here is to a healthier and thinner 2006!

Return to Top
#426827 - 12/28/05 07:06 PM Re: Weight Watchers
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Quote:

Sarah, txbkr, Nancy and every other WW on BOL, here is to a healthier and thinner 2006!

I'll drink to that! (with an ice cold glass of water of course!)

Return to Top
#426828 - 12/28/05 07:23 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Quote:

Quote:

I'll drink to that! (with an ice cold glass of water of course!)

Here's a glass for you and one for me, heck let's just make it a pitcher! Cheers!

Return to Top
#426829 - 12/29/05 07:22 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Well I weighed in this morning. I am up a little, but not discouraged.

For the past few weeks, we have had a traveling journal. We put our nametags in a sack at the end of the meeting and then draw. The name drawn gets posession of the journal for the next week to keep track of points. I got it this week. I was already starting to get used to journaling and it is interesting to see what others have done. I guess it's just a little more pressure to keep on track knowing someone else will be seeing what you write.

I do have a question though. How on earth would you be able to rack up 28 points for exercise? Do you count just walking in your normal day, taking a flight of stairs or are you expected to have a couple of hours of workouts daily? I get 2 points for my 30 minute morning walk so I just don't quite know how to calculate everything else and I haven't asked my leader.

Return to Top
#426830 - 12/29/05 08:57 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
28 points is a lot for exercise. Is that for the whole week? That is good if they are calculating it correctly. Did you get one of those point finders for exercise? Those are pretty helpful.

Return to Top
#426831 - 12/29/05 09:05 PM Re: Weight Watchers
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
1.4 for this week. I can't believe it. I think next week will show the sins of the holidays. But I'll take it. 25.4 lbs!

Return to Top
#426832 - 12/29/05 09:38 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Yes, that is for the whole week. It is on the inside front cover of your journal. I do have the calculator for exercise. I'll have to check with my leader.

Congrats Txbkr! That is great, especially on a holiday week.

Return to Top
#426833 - 12/29/05 11:14 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Yeah for txbkr @ more than 25 pounds! Does this mean you have got your magnet? And NancyC, you are right not to be discouraged. Just keep at it. The idea of a community journal is rather interesting!

As for exercise points, I'm still blocking out that aspect of a healthy lifestyle and have not the vaguest idea but I am going to use the stairs rather than the elevator next year!

Return to Top
#426834 - 12/30/05 03:04 PM Re: Weight Watchers
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
I did get my magnet. I need my in-laws to leave so I can plan healthier meals. She is doing the cooking as I am working..They leave tomorrow.

Return to Top
#426835 - 01/05/06 05:08 PM Re: Weight Watchers
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
This thread got kind of quiet! Well I am down 3.4 lbs today. Woo-hoo! There is a lady in my class that has lost 80 lbs. Wow! Now that is inspiring. I am more determined than ever to get to my goal. I feel I am finally getting it, the process that is. I declare I will lose 5 more lbs by the end of this month.

Return to Top
#426836 - 01/05/06 07:27 PM Re: Weight Watchers
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I have to face the music tonight. I wasn't able to attend my meeting last week so will be seeing what damage I did over the holidays tonight.

Congrats on the 3.4lbs Nancy...that is awesome!

Return to Top
#426837 - 01/05/06 07:43 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Good luck SarahH and wear your lightest clothes! Nancy, you are really doing an excellent job. Hurrah for you.

I don't weigh until Sunday though I'm concerned as the needle of my home scale seems to be stuck. I'm now fighting the hard lard, pounds that have defeated me in the past. Like Nancy, I'm more determined than ever to keep at it though.

Anyone else watch the Biggest Loser Family, Tuesday night? The physical transformation of the contestants was inspiring.

Return to Top
#426838 - 01/05/06 08:24 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I watched The Biggest Loser last night. I love that show! It's so inspiring to see the hard work and determination that each contestant puts in. I was hoping that the son of the family that won would surprise them & come home from the military for a visit.

On another note... I just bought a People magazine & it has just regular people in it that have lost 100+ pounds. Some of the people went with a Jenny Craig-type program, others did it on their own. I keep reading it & I'm using ideas that they had for planning meals. Oh, the magazine also had Suzi (spunky blond finalist) & Matt (the winner) from Biggest Loser 2. Did you know they are now dating?

Sorry to hijack the thread! Good luck to those that have a WW weigh-in coming up soon! Keep on truckin' & I have no doubt that each of you will get to your goal weight! Don't forget you have people that are cheering for you & running the race with you!

Return to Top
#426839 - 01/09/06 05:58 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Suzie Offline
Platinum Poster
Suzie
Far North
Another 2.4 gone for a grand total of 23.6, hurrah! I celebrated by cleaning out my closets and buying a new suit. The meeting was something else. I stood in line for 50 minutes waiting to weigh as so many new people.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 37 38

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett