BOL Conferences
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#42781 - 12/19/02 10:47 PM Re: How to become an Internal Auditor
c.a.r Offline
Gold Star
c.a.r
Texas, USA
I understand where you are coming from. We ar approx the same size, I am the new (2003)and only IA person, the new Compliance officer. I also am the accounts payable person and will be learnigg other duties in 2003. I have 12 years of banking, but mostly teller/deposit related. I get a lot of my answers from BOL. I hope to get the nerve to fly in March to attend the Compliance school in Indy. I am looking for an IA school also. The good thing is I am able to attend what is needed. Good Luck to all of us. Hang on it is going to be a bumpy ride.

Return to Top
Audit
#42782 - 12/28/02 01:52 PM Re: How to become an Internal Auditor
Ross A Offline
New Poster
Ross A
When does a community bank reach the size where it needs a full-time IA? Is it based on $assets, #employees, #branches, or what?

Return to Top
#42783 - 12/30/02 04:39 PM Re: How to become an Internal Auditor
wlavoie Offline
Gold Star
wlavoie
Hell's Canyon
Ross A - I am far from an expert, but what I have learned from the gurus on this forum is it is all of the above with your internal control structure mixed in. Your regulators will let you know when you need a full time IA. If you do a search of the threads you should find a lot of information/discussion on the subject.

Return to Top
#42784 - 12/30/02 05:43 PM Re: How to become an Internal Auditor
Ross A Offline
New Poster
Ross A
Thanks.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z