Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#428143 - 10/14/05 06:15 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Thank GOD the Donald fired Toral. A more condescending, snotty b*tch I have not seen in a long time. OK, the blondes are a little cliquey, but Toral was over the top obnoxious about how 'great' she was.

I was quite impressed with the boys for their showing last night, they really pulled it together. Although, there again, their team leader was a cretin and I'd certainly have been on board with firing HIM if it came down to it. Condescending arrogant jerk.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428144 - 10/14/05 06:26 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Agreed Empress-that guy was unbelievable. I thought it would fall apart when the Clay the Great returned to the palace and wanted to undo the 8 hours of work the subjects did...how he didn't get popped in the face is amazing. I loved the genies hair-

Return to Top
#428145 - 10/14/05 09:15 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
It is true that the Uniblondes ganged up on Toral, but it's not as if they mercilessly singled her out for mockery and cruel punishment without reason. She just exudes contempt for everyone that she has deemed her intellectual and social inferior (there is some speculation that this may be an Indian caste thing gone very bad). Newsflash, honey--you're not that pretty and you're not that smart. Word is that she got kicked out of Columbia B-School for cheating (Wharton was her UNDERgrad). I think she harbors some kind of revenge fantasies, because she certainly took a perverse pleasure in repeatedly bringing up how the other women should be glad to be her low-paid receptionists.

And then there were the outright lies. "I TOLD them it was against my religion!" (Incorrect, and the religious claim is untrue.) "Felisha swore she was a marketing goddess!" (Try again, please.)

The person I really felt sorry for was Rebecca, who was forced to come to the realization that Toral was a divisive and spiteful witch with delusions of grandeur. Toral HAD to prove herself in that episode, but she stuck with her self-proclaimed strategy of doing nothing at all and she got nailed for it. I did like that bit where she was prattling about how wearing the costume was beneath her, and Mr. Trump pointed out, "I dressed as a chicken on Saturday Night Live." Ha!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I give you her own personal website, Toral the Unforgettable Business Genius.

Return to Top
#428146 - 10/15/05 12:31 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Dear lord, she's delusional. INTERESTING on the B-school expulsion!!!! Concur with your opinion on Rebecca.

Return to Top
#428147 - 10/21/05 02:17 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
OK, I'm about to destroy any street cred I had. I was going nuts trying to think how I knew Wyclef Jean (not particularly my style of music but I *recognized* him) and finally realized...... He's been on Sesame Street. He does the "Healthy Foods" song with Cookie Monster. Sigh.

Other than that, I would have been happy with either Jen or Kristi going home - I cringed every time Jen mispronounced the movie and her overall float/presentation were just not great. And seriously, WHO wears a business suit that features capri pants?? But Kristi was a PITA. She was so livid when the Donald fired her, I thought maybe she was going to tell him off. I laughed when she told Jen to shut up on the way out the door. You could tell she was mad all the way out to the taxi. I'm surprised her final words didn't include "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!"

Return to Top
#428148 - 10/21/05 03:42 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Yeah, I was so embarrassed for Jen M. that I had to turn the sound off when she was mangling "Zathura". I don't see her lasting much longer. She's nice and has some small talent, but she's not a major cutthroat corporate leader in the making. Kristi probably has the better skills, but she doesn't know when to shut the heck up and stop her disruptive backbiting and complaining.

Why is it that the female teams on reality shows seem to have a hard time cooperating? Inevitably they fall prey to factionalism, favoritism, quarreling, and the building of cliques. Marshawn seems to be the only one to have avoided most of that.

Return to Top
#428149 - 10/21/05 03:46 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I am so glad that Kristi went home. I didn't like her from the beginning. Something about her makes me cringe. I think she thinks that she is all that. The girls suck. I agree with the Donald. something needs to change because that team isn't working.

Return to Top
#428150 - 10/21/05 03:48 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Is Zathura the "sequel" (such as it is) to Jumanji that I heard was coming out? Seems to be the same concept.

Return to Top
#428151 - 10/21/05 03:54 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if it's a sequel, but it the same concept.

Return to Top
#428152 - 10/21/05 04:31 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Same creator

Return to Top
#428153 - 10/21/05 04:34 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Yeah, that's why I put "sequel" in quotes like that. And yup, I did just read it is the same guy so it is supposed to have a similar feel. I liked Jumanji so I'll definitely see this one at some point (although I hear Kirsten Dunst is in it, ick.)

Return to Top
#428154 - 10/21/05 04:53 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
bankerboy252 Offline
New Poster
bankerboy252
AWWWW....I liked Kristi until last night. Yeah....she needed to go. I just wished we could have seen a cat fight when Kristi told Jen to shut up. he he he

Return to Top
#428155 - 10/21/05 06:00 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

Why is it that the female teams on reality shows seem to have a hard time cooperating? Inevitably they fall prey to factionalism, favoritism, quarreling, and the building of cliques. Marshawn seems to be the only one to have avoided most of that.

It is really hard to have more than one dominant female in a group. Usually we all get together and pick the pecking order early, but in games like this they all want to be #1. I don't like the concept of boys v. girls becuase that is not a true representation of the work place. I hope he mixes them up soon. OH did you see the preview for next week? Looks Good

Return to Top
#428156 - 10/21/05 06:01 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Rumors have it up to four people get fired next week, although I'd be kind of surprised if that actually happened.

Return to Top
#428157 - 10/21/05 06:22 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

Rumors have it up to four people get fired next week, although I'd be kind of surprised if that actually happened.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be a double firing at least.

Here's a link to a Toral Mehta interview in which she continues to lie, complain, criticize, and whine.

Return to Top
#428158 - 10/21/05 07:57 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Wow. Toral is certainly full of herself. What a snob. Thanks for the article RN.

Return to Top
#428159 - 10/21/05 08:02 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the article, RandomName. I wish I could ask Toral that if it was so disrespectful to dress up like an animal (Zip was an animal? - who knew?), then why did she die laughing at Kristi dressed in the costume instead of being very upset that this disrespectful act was being committed? Nut-ball.

Signed,
Another Anon

Return to Top
#428160 - 10/28/05 02:52 AM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

Well, that was spot on. I didn't think Mark deserved the axe, though. On the one hand, he was just kinda standing around as far as selling was concerned, but they'd committed themselves to the lame batting cage concept and that's what he was running. James and Josh were far more to blame, for coming up with the concept and for running with it respectively.

Thanks to the way this show is edited, though, you knew immediately that Excel was goin' down once James started crowing about "It'll be a home run!"

Meanwhile, I think Alla let the cliquishness of the Blonde Sisterhood get to her in punting Rebecca to the other team. But since she's so tight with Felisha and they'd badly wanted Randal to come over, probably there wasn't any other way the team shuffling would've gone anyway.

Return to Top
#428161 - 10/28/05 10:42 AM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I was really surprised he did let all 4 of them go - I figured Josh and Jennifer were goners but maybe not the other 2. This ought to shake things up back at the loft. I thought initially there was no way the golf could beat the baseball, but they managed. And Clay is an IDIOT, I couldn't work with him in a million years. Well, not without slapping him.

Return to Top
#428162 - 10/28/05 12:23 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

I was really surprised he did let all 4 of them go - I figured Josh and Jennifer were goners but maybe not the other 2. This ought to shake things up back at the loft. I thought initially there was no way the golf could beat the baseball, but they managed. And Clay is an IDIOT, I couldn't work with him in a million years. Well, not without slapping him.

The thing about golf that I thought made it a better choice for a sales competition is that there's just so much stuff to sell, and at every price point;gadgets, clothes, little accessories, training material, etc.

Return to Top
#428163 - 10/28/05 01:25 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
It was a great shake up, but I think Josh and Jen deserved it more than the other two-Jen was all sizzle, no steak. Who in their right mind is going to buy a $150 radar gun???
I agree with EGB-Clay is a moron-he needs to express how he feels every 5 seconds...get over it and get back to work.

Return to Top
#428164 - 10/28/05 02:00 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I absolutely loved the closing scene with all 4 of them squished in the cab...too funny. The baseball things was a good idea and had an initial good plan, but they let it get way out of control.

Return to Top
#428165 - 10/28/05 02:26 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Skyline Offline
Platinum Poster
Skyline
And I was waiting for the exit interview....they were all silent. No one is going to walk back into the suite, how will the rest know that all four are gone?

Return to Top
#428166 - 10/28/05 02:30 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I imagine Trump will call them all back to the boardroom for another restructuring of teams.

Return to Top
#428167 - 10/28/05 03:31 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Upon reflection, it seems to me that golf was a better choice than baseball. As far as I know, once you have a bat and glove, you're kinda set for baseball, and you're not really tossing around in bed thinking, "Man, I would ROCK if I had a different bat." Whereas golfers are notorious for wanting to get new gear, like fancy scientifical drivers made out of smolten moon rocks with an acoustical sounding chamber and sonar guidance systems. And if nothing else, they always need to pick up new six-packs of golf balls.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8