Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#428268 - 12/16/05 06:25 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I think Randal should have said something like I don't think Rebecca and I should share the Apprentice, but she would make a valuable asset to the Trump organization. I bet he hires her today for another position.

She is really talented and you can't let people like that get away.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428269 - 12/16/05 06:28 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I think Randal should have said something like I don't think Rebecca and I should share the Apprentice, but she would make a valuable asset to the Trump organization. I bet he hires her today for another position.

She is really talented and you can't let people like that get away.

I agree. I'm sure within the next month or so the "Trump Hires Apprenti" headline will hit the entertainment features with a big deal over him not giving her the co-title, but giving her a job anyway.

Return to Top
#428270 - 12/16/05 06:30 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
If I were her I don't know that I would really care about the title. Trump knows who she is now and he'll be watching her.

Return to Top
#428271 - 12/16/05 06:57 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

that link was hilarious - thanks

Return to Top
#428272 - 12/16/05 07:10 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Rosebud123 Offline
Platinum Poster
Florida
Get ready for this. My husband had a theory that Randall would get hired because so far Trump had hired 2 white men and a white woman. He said this weeks ago and here we are.

By the way I missed Alla's comment. What was it???

Return to Top
#428273 - 12/16/05 07:52 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I don't really think the fact that he is black made the final decision. Randal was outstanding throughout the whole process. He made it as far as he did because he was a good leader. I liked Rebecca also, but I think based on their overall performances, Randal came out ahead. Between the two, Randal was the obvious choice.

Return to Top
#428274 - 12/16/05 08:31 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

that link was hilarious - thanks

Yeah, it was. When Rebecca came out last night, her hair style was different. And then that article calls it the "kelly garrett, from charlies angels" look. I started laughing outloud right here at my desk.

Return to Top
#428275 - 12/16/05 08:51 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Rosebud123 Offline
Platinum Poster
Florida
Quote:

Somebody, tell me please!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#428276 - 12/16/05 08:53 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I thought it was declasse of Randal to tell Trump not to hire her. As Rebecca said this morning on the Today show, what harm does it do to have good people hired, and especially in an organization like Trump's, where the more allies you have the better off you're going to be? While I thought either candidate would have been a fine Apprentice, I really thought lesser of Randal for his greedy attitude. He'd already won, what harm would it have done to show a little graciousness and class.

Return to Top
#428277 - 12/16/05 09:20 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

Quote:

I missed the whole show. I would also like to know what it was that Alla said.

Return to Top
#428278 - 12/16/05 09:21 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Alla said that if Rebecca had good leadership skills, she never saw them when they worked together.

Return to Top
#428279 - 12/16/05 09:55 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

I don't really think the fact that he is black made the final decision. Randal was outstanding throughout the whole process. He made it as far as he did because he was a good leader. I liked Rebecca also, but I think based on their overall performances, Randal came out ahead. Between the two, Randal was the obvious choice.

I will state first that although I thought Rebecca should have been chosen, Randal was extremely well qualified and top-notch and deserving of the decision.

That said, while I don't think that Randal was chosen because he was Black, I firmly believe that the producers of the show, and the Trump Organization, were very careful to be sure and have a highly qualified minority candidate (in this case African American) be one of the candidates picked to be on the show, and in fact, they had 2 very qualified minority candidates this time. I believe this to be true, especially since in two of the previous seasons they have had African American women who have been depicted as either evil, bi!chy and warped (Omarosa) and in another,they had the girl who freaked out at the task where they had to remodel the motel.

I am not saying there was any fix, and not saying that Randal did not deserve it, but I am pretty confident in saying that I am sure the producers and Trump were happy to have such a highly qualified minority candidate who performed throughout to get to the end.

Return to Top
#428280 - 12/16/05 09:59 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I missed the whole show. I would also like to know what it was that Alla said.

For those that missed it, you can catch repeats tonight on CNBC at 8:00pm or 11:00pm ET.

Return to Top
#428281 - 12/16/05 10:23 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I remember her saying it, but can't put it into words without watching it again. She didn't think much of Rebecca and I think even Trump was put off by it--plus it was during the live portion of the show. If I still have it on TiVo I'll try to post it.

Return to Top
#428282 - 12/16/05 10:40 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Alla trashed Rebecca pretty good. She said something to the effect that they aren't in the same league and on the tasks she shared with Rebecca she basically saw nothing good from her.

Remember that the taping ended long ago, but the question from the Donald to Randal about Rebecca was live. I'm sure he saw all the buzz and speculation that both might be hired and had a great deal of time to think about that possibility. I don't think he handled it poorly - he didn't put her down. He simply suggested, or perhaps insisted, that the format was built for one winner and that the night should be his. Good for him. Frankly, I'm not sure that future seasons would be as interesting if the possibility of multiple hirings was built in.

Return to Top
#428283 - 12/16/05 11:10 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
That link was funny.

My favorite..."Why am I not surprised that Outback has a Hummer? Eat steak! Burn gas! Blossom onions!"

Return to Top
#428284 - 12/19/05 01:17 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Rosebud123 Offline
Platinum Poster
Florida
Quote:

Remember that the taping ended long ago, but the question from the Donald to Randal about Rebecca was live. I'm sure he saw all the buzz and speculation that both might be hired and had a great deal of time to think about that possibility.

Even though the taping took place time ago, the editing is what made us realize that both would he hired. I don't think he could have seen that. I think he did handle it poorly. He handled it like a game instead of an important professional opportunity. He really messed things up for Rebecca on a professional level. Afterwards he was greeting the audience with his hands up like if he was a champ.

Return to Top
#428285 - 12/19/05 09:07 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I watched Randal on TV explain his action and BSA you are correct with the sport connection. He said what went thru his head when Trump asked if he should also fire Rebecca was that he felt that if he had won the gold medal at the Olympics it would be like the judges asking him if he wanted to share it with the silver medal winner. I thought if that's the best analogy he could come up with, with all his education, that it was pretty poor especially since Trump had two projects available and they each wanted a different one. But he also said that he was sure that Trump was going to find a place for her in the origanization. They also pointed out to him that there is no such word at "aprenti" and that with his education he should have known that.

Return to Top
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8