Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#428168 - 10/28/05 03:55 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I know tons of people who would buy $150 radar guns - but she surely didn't seem to be making a whole lot of effort to sell them.

Golfers do tend to be a bit obsessive. Probably a good thing I don't golf.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428169 - 10/28/05 03:56 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I was impressed with the twist. The next two weeks look good as well. This is a pretty good season, although there are some not so bright crayons in the box.

Return to Top
#428170 - 11/04/05 01:18 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yippee!! No more Markus!

Actually, I would have been pleased to see either Markus or Clay get the boot last night. Both deserved it.

Does anyone else think the tasks this year are not as challenging as they have been in the past?

Return to Top
#428171 - 11/04/05 02:30 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I think you are right Anon...they don't seem to be as challenging. Has there been a Donny Doich (I am sure I spelled that wrong) challenge this time?

I was really glad to see Markus go...he is just like one of my bosses...he can't complete a thought and always thinks he is right!

Return to Top
#428172 - 11/04/05 02:45 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't believe there has been a Donny D. (also don't know how to spell it!) challenge. They did at least one advertising task (remember Toral & the DQ costume). I know Donny has his own show now, I believe on CNBC, but I can't remember the name. It's a one hour interview-type show. Anyway, maybe he doesn't have time for The Donald anymore!

Return to Top
#428173 - 11/04/05 07:15 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Most. Awkward. Boardroom. Ever.

I don't believe that I would want Mr. Trump openly demanding answers about my sexual orientation and experience on national TV, nor listen to him ruminating "it's all good"-style about menu choices.

And it was strange watching Alla obviously manipulating Adam and making him dance to her tune like a monkey-boy.

Clay's too-frank and arguably anti-Semitic comments lost them the task. But Markus needed to go. He was spectacularly useless. I mean, he was up in front of the audience playing with a dang yo-yo!

Randal should be a shoo-in for the win.

Return to Top
#428174 - 11/04/05 07:36 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I thought Donald was gonna fire both Clay and Markus, but if I could only pick one, I'm glad it was Markus. He mummbles and rambles on, and I can't understand much of what he is saying.
I thought the other team did a good job. They knew what they were doing.
I can't wait until Clay goes.

Return to Top
#428175 - 11/04/05 09:18 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I don't condone what Clay said, and frankly can't stand him, but a couple of observations:
1) he did not say tight a$$ .... What he did say inferred the same thing, but wasn't as harsh as portrayed...
2) Adam may have opened the door by saying "i am a nice Jewish boy from Atlanta"...

Don't get me wrong-Clay was out of line with what he said, but I also think it was disengenuous of Adam to accept his apology, then complain about what he said. He should have been straight up with Clay and not accepted it and stood his ground. Again-I don't condone what Clay said.

I was also suprised the difference in the scores were relatively minute-I truly have no idea which way the team was going with the topic-were they for it or against it?

I don't think Markus has put one intelligible sentence together at all. Adam was right-he just puts random words together to form a sentence...

I think it will be Randall and Rebecca for the final 2

Return to Top
#428176 - 11/04/05 11:02 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I hope Randall wins it. He is the only one that I have been impressed with this season.

Return to Top
#428177 - 11/05/05 12:30 AM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Randall is very impressive, but I think the black girl is also very good. She just doesn't stick out like Randall...

Return to Top
#428178 - 11/06/05 03:16 AM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Dear LORD, it's about time they got rid of Markus. I was about throwing things at the tv when he was going ON and ON and ON and never completing a single thought. People like that drive me INSANE. And their entire presentation stunk. Getting rid of him can only be a good thing.

Return to Top
#428179 - 11/07/05 03:08 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Markus was going to be gone eventually, so it might as well have been last week--although Clay and Adam could have been justifibily fired as well. Adam was walked all over in determining the topic and then it was a mess of a seminar. Adam is weak in leadership. I don't think the group of Adam, Clay, Felisha, and Alla will win another task.

Return to Top
#428180 - 11/07/05 03:41 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I'm picking Randall and Alla as the final two with Randall to win.

No one else has impressed me very much.

Return to Top
#428181 - 11/07/05 05:45 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I'd add Marshawn and Rebecca to round out the final four.

Return to Top
#428182 - 11/07/05 05:56 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I would go with Randall and Rebecca. Marshawn is good but totally flying under the radar which is kind of unimpressive. Alla, I think, will end up being too abrasive in the end.

Return to Top
#428183 - 11/07/05 07:41 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
My bet's on Randall and Rebecca for the final 2 - and Marshawn and Alla for final 4. I just can't make up my mind between Randall and Rebecca - I keep thinking he's got it hands down, but she's got a lot going for her so I think it may come down to the final task.

Return to Top
#428184 - 11/07/05 08:03 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Elsewhere, folks are not too impressed with Rebecca. The opinion is that she hasn't proved to be a particularly good PM, and she doesn't seem to actually contribute very much. For instance, in the most recent task she wasn't shown to have done much more than croak out "We're doomed." It looked more like Randal and Marshawn were carrying the day.

She's got intensity and convictions, but I'm not certain she has actual skills.

Return to Top
#428185 - 11/07/05 08:08 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

Elsewhere, folks are not too impressed with Rebecca. The opinion is that she hasn't proved to be a particularly good PM, and she doesn't seem to actually contribute very much. For instance, in the most recent task she wasn't shown to have done much more than croak out "We're doomed." It looked more like Randal and Marshawn were carrying the day.

She's got intensity and convictions, but I'm not certain she has actual skills.

I agree. I'm not that impressed with Rebecca. I feel sorry for what happened to her ankle and that she is slightly hindered, but that doesn't change the fact that I think she is unimpressive. Better than a lot of other candidates, but not "the apprentice".

Return to Top
#428186 - 11/11/05 03:18 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Another 2 bite the dust. And deservedly so. Does anyone know how the "13 week job interview" stays 13 weeks with all of the multiple firings?

Return to Top
#428187 - 11/11/05 04:03 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Didn't they start with 18 candidates? Also, seems like most seasons we are treated to at least one show that does nothing but recap what has happened so far.

I agree that both who were fired deserved it.

Return to Top
#428188 - 11/11/05 06:37 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Yeah, Brian certainly brought it on himself by missing the critical meeting, and then Marshawn...man, I don't even know what she was thinking. Since she's a public speaker, she was the natural choice for the presentation, and to bail at the last minute for reasons that couldn't be defined? It's almost as if it was a misfired tactical move on her part to try to shift total blame onto Brian for a project she sensed was not going to win. She totally would've been better advised to do all she could do to shine even if the project overall was doomed.

Rebecca made the right choice by grabbing the presentation from the two wafflers. Basically it made her immune from any criticism thereafter.

Return to Top
#428189 - 11/11/05 07:11 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Ditto everything Random said, I couldn't have said it better myself.

And I still hate Clay.

Return to Top
#428190 - 11/11/05 07:38 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol--I can't wait for him to get fired!

Return to Top
#428191 - 11/11/05 07:39 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
right now it looks like Randall and Alla as the favorites. When Marshawn passed the buck last night, I was gonna be p1ssed if she wasn't fired last night. I think it's great that nobody's really safe from week to week if they did a bad job on that weeks task(not counting immunity).

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#428192 - 11/12/05 01:51 AM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Libby Offline
New Poster
At the beginning of the season, it was announced that the Donald picked all but one of the group himself. So...why are there so many loosers?

Return to Top
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8