Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#428193 - 11/14/05 04:04 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm tired of the same old tasks--make a marketing pitch for a product. There is certainly more to business (and Trump's business) than this constant hyping of product. If these "contestants" are as smart, competitive, etc as he keeps saying they are, then surely the producers can come up with tasks that utilize finance, legal, and operations and give the viewers a new and fresh view of businesses.

The storyline has gotten really, really old.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428194 - 11/18/05 06:55 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

How satisfying to see Clay finally get fired. What a jerk. I have co-workers who bug me sometimes, but I can't even imagine working with someone like that!

So glad he's gone. . .but shows like this lose something when all of the "villains" are gone!

Return to Top
#428195 - 11/18/05 07:10 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I just can't believe how smug he was about everything. I love how he thinks that everyone is going to fail at their tasks now that her is gone. Whatever dude you aren't that special..no matter what yo mamma said.

Return to Top
#428196 - 11/18/05 07:49 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I feel, though, as if the lovely Rebecca should've taken the fall. Sure, Clay may be an obnoxious prat, but Rebecca made a terrible decision. The whole point of something like XM Radio is to deliver to niche markets. You can't say, "Well, this channel is for devotees of Mongolian throat-singing, but let's give them a death metal song instead." This sure looked like a case where she became enamored of a singer and decided to "challenge" the listeners and make them like her choice, even though she really sensed it wasn't a perfect fit. She kept going on about how the listeners would be sophisticated and intelligent, and that just sounded like she was trying to argue herself into believing that they'd go for Jide, even though she knew his sound didn't match the station's mission.

Return to Top
#428197 - 11/25/05 04:23 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure if any other Apprentice-watchers are working today. . .If I had to pick a favorite of the Final 4, it would be Randal. There is no one in my mind who obviously doesn't belong in the Final 4, but I will say Alla (sp?) seems a bit harsh to me. Not so sure I could work for her.

Return to Top
#428198 - 11/25/05 04:29 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I like Randal. I think he would be the best for the job. Alla to me really has not done much. She lets others come up with the ideas and she picks what she likes best and goes with it. I do agree with the firing last night but I think Alla should have been there too. She was PM and was just as responsible for the decision of using the buggies as the guy. She didn't disagree with him.

Return to Top
#428199 - 11/28/05 02:00 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who was fired Thursday night?

Return to Top
#428200 - 11/28/05 02:05 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree about Alla-I am suprised the Donald let her off the hook so easily. Although it was Adams idea, they all agreed to it, and the amount of the budget that the carraiges ate up limited the labor budget. The carraiges would have been ok on a smaller scale, to allow more $ for the labor. I was somewhat suprised Trump, et al were so impressed with Randall and Rebecca "stealing" the megaphones.

Return to Top
#428201 - 11/28/05 02:10 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

I was somewhat suprised Trump, et al were so impressed with Randall and Rebecca "stealing" the megaphones.

That didn't really surprise me. I thought they would like what they did. I thought it was quite clever and funny.

Return to Top
#428202 - 11/28/05 02:34 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

Who was fired Thursday night?

Adam, I believe - missed it myself.

Return to Top
#428203 - 11/28/05 05:54 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Yes, it was Adam. His team, led by Alla, lost by five phone calls. Considering that Randal's team had 60 temps walking around with sandwich boards bearing the 800 number, and Alla's team had only 15, arguably her group got a better return on their labor investment or deployed them more wisely. So Trump was right to say that just one or two more temps would've pushed them over the top. But they blew 60+% of their $10,000 budget on Adam's pet idea of plastering carriages with the ad, and those adhesive pictures just looked terrible.

Of course, Alla helped her numbers along by basically stopping random people, dialing the 800 number herself on her own cellphone, and then having them put in the request for the free product.

So our F4 are Alla, Felisha, Randal, and Rebecca. Felisha has done all right, but she's been Alla's puppet for the most part. Rebecca has done little other than be intense. Randal, on review, actually hasn't done a whole lot either other than have five degrees. His contributions seem to be to mainly add quiet value to a team and keep people stabilized. Alla is ferocious and has shown mad skillz, but it's unlikely Mr. Trump will hire a former stripper. I mean, I know that's held my own career back a few times.

Return to Top
#428204 - 11/28/05 06:02 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

I think he would be the best for the job. Alla to me really has not done much. She lets others come up with the ideas and she picks what she likes best and goes with it.

I think Trump likes her for that reason. She doesn't feel the need to micromanage her team when she is PM. She also stepped up on the challenge that Clay(was that is name) tried to run into the ground.

That being said, he seems to really like Randal. I hope he pulls it together and makes it to the final 2.

Return to Top
#428205 - 12/02/05 01:18 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was surprised but happy that both ladies got fired last night. While Alla has been competent, she showed her true colors last night. I was so mad when they showed them in a restaurant and Felisha was crying her eyes out, then a clip of Alla talking about how when people act like that, she just has to sit back and laugh. And all the while, Felisha kept talking about how Alla was a caring person, etc. Yep, if you mean caring about herself! My vote is on Randal for the win.

Return to Top
#428206 - 12/02/05 02:19 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
patsfan1224 Offline
100 Club
patriot nation
2 got the boot? - I wasn't able to watch - who is gone and who is left? Anyone? ...thanks I appreciate the update

Return to Top
#428207 - 12/02/05 02:21 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Rebecca and Randall are the last 2 left. Alla dn the other girl both got fired.

Return to Top
#428208 - 12/02/05 02:30 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
patsfan1224 Offline
100 Club
patriot nation
thank you

Return to Top
#428209 - 12/02/05 03:19 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I had to laugh when Alla started to get up after Felicia was fired and Donald told her to sit. She knew what was coming after that. Alla and Felicia together was a nightmare. Alla is so brash, and Felicia was so afraid Alla was going to outshine her throughout the task that they just couldn't get it together. They both deserved it. My vote is also for Randal to win.

Return to Top
#428210 - 12/02/05 03:29 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
It will definitely be interesting to see who wins - they both have their strengths. The dynamic I find very interesting (and I am fairly confident that the producers are thinking about this) is that to date, they have not had a woman or a minority win. This year's edition will now definitely address one of those issues.

Return to Top
#428211 - 12/02/05 03:31 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
The last apprentice was a woman.

Return to Top
#428212 - 12/02/05 03:48 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was really impressed with Randal last night. He may not have the most brilliant (risky?) ideas, but he wants to keep things rolling and doesn't need to make a scene to do so. He called Rebecca out of the room last night and helped her make a Project Manager decision without forcing it on her. He is my pick for the win also.

Return to Top
#428213 - 12/02/05 04:20 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

any chance they both do great in the final task and Donald hires them both? - he's fired more than one at a time, could happen

Return to Top
#428214 - 12/02/05 04:49 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Did anyone else find it funny, when Rebecca was talking about how great her boyfriend was, how he stuck with her through thick and thin, blah, blah blah. Of course he stuck with you no matter what, you are much better looking than him. That guy was a mess.

Return to Top
#428215 - 12/02/05 05:07 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Hey, DS I love your screen name! I don't watch the apprentice, but I just had to view the post to see what "DSchrute" was saying! I laughed out loud just seeing the name.

don't want to hijack the thread, sorry!

Return to Top
#428216 - 12/02/05 05:09 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

Did anyone else find it funny, when Rebecca was talking about how great her boyfriend was, how he stuck with her through thick and thin, blah, blah blah. Of course he stuck with you no matter what, you are much better looking than him. That guy was a mess.

I didn't think she looked all that happy to see him. Poor guy. If she wins I have a feeling it's dumpsville.

Return to Top
#428217 - 12/02/05 05:09 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

The last apprentice was a woman.

For the life of me, I didn't remember that - my memory is fading quickly!

Return to Top
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8