Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#428093 - 09/23/05 04:54 PM Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on! Did that woman want to get kicked off? Who admits that they can't get along with half of the population?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428094 - 09/23/05 05:02 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
I totally agree. I couldn't believe it!

Return to Top
#428095 - 09/23/05 05:04 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Come women (and men) are just that stupid. She reminded me of Ivette.... Hispanic, big mouthed, and on the offensive from moment 1. Didn't work for Donald.

By the way, BOTH teams failed. If they had targeted current FEMALE members for the class, and made it a 45 minute class, they would have been more successful.

Return to Top
#428096 - 09/23/05 05:05 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I enjoyed it-she was a non stop talking machine from day one. I give the PM credit for havingsome cajones and brains-doesnt tick anyone else off by bringing them into the boardroom-Melissa sealed her own fate. I also like ethe twist of the winning PM not automatically getting exemption the next week.

Return to Top
#428097 - 09/23/05 05:13 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I knew as soon as she said, "Can I bring 1" she would win the Donald's respect. After all, it was clear that either she or the mouth were at fault, why let anyone else be on the block.

Return to Top
#428098 - 09/23/05 05:31 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Although the Donald took care of the smirk on her face-remember Erin blowing him a kiss and a wink?

Return to Top
#428099 - 09/23/05 05:39 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Yeah...I couldn't believe she sat there with that stupid smirk. What was she thinking. I couldn't believe her. If I were Donald I would have retracted my firing and given it to her for that smile. Man that made me mad.

Return to Top
#428100 - 09/23/05 05:40 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Actually...I thought that woman would be on a lot longer. For publicity if nothing else. The first thing I thought was "uh oh...here's another Omarosa."
But then I thought...hmm...good move Donald...keepin' the ratings alive.
Then he fired her and I thought...wow...maybe this isn't all scripted.

Return to Top
#428101 - 09/23/05 05:54 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I, too, was afraid that they'd keep her on just for the sake of the ongoing drama. But even Mr. Trump has to maintain some credibility, and if one of your candidates says "all women hate me and the feeling's mutual", you pretty much have to show them the door. Although as noted, the Smirk of Triumph would've made me have second thoughts if I were in his expensive shoes--I'd probably go for an arbitrary "You know what? You're both fired."

The thing is, if I recollect rightly, the margin of victory was, what, $19 or something? Had the women made twenty dollars more, would Mr. Trump still be saying their marketing plan was stupid? I guess victory makes a lot of things look better.

Finally, Ms. Thang, you're not THAT cute (I'd rate her mildly attractive), so I doubt other women are intimidated by your beauty. What a frickin' narcissist.

Return to Top
#428102 - 09/23/05 06:10 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
If the women had won, the marketing probably wouldn't have come up, since the dirty laundry was aired when only the women were in the boardroom. Too funny -"Triple XXX Threat"....what were they thinking???

The feeling about her was so overwhelming, Trump didn't have a choice. If there was someone else that took some heat, he may have kept her to spice it up. She didn't have one redeeming quality that Trump could hang his hat on.

I dont see Marcus making the cut either-asking the team how he was doing? These types of people never make it. His personality reminds me of Danny from last year. Kind of out there-does his own thing.

Return to Top
#428103 - 09/23/05 06:29 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Actually, Triple XXX Threat, a workout class they were trying to market to guys (by a team of girls) wasn't that bad. Lets face it, a lot of guys would go just to see what the XXX was all about.

Return to Top
#428104 - 09/23/05 06:33 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I liked the beginning as well, when Donald told them that there was a helicopter on the golf course. It is too early in the season to tell what might happen. I don't think Kristi is gonna make it, as well as Marcus.

Return to Top
#428105 - 09/23/05 06:40 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
When the guy asked the candidates to meet MR. Trump on the 10th green, I thought he would have them putt to split up the teams. That would have been cool.

Return to Top
#428106 - 09/23/05 06:43 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

Actually, Triple XXX Threat, a workout class they were trying to market to guys (by a team of girls) wasn't that bad. Lets face it, a lot of guys would go just to see what the XXX was all about.

LOL! When I saw how the flyer turned out, I thought "Gee, they should have gotten way more people than they did."

Return to Top
#428107 - 09/23/05 07:12 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Yeah, it's a bad sign for Marcus that his every on-camera appearance is now accompanied by clown music.

Return to Top
#428108 - 09/23/05 08:05 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Good riddance Melissa, what a loud-mouth, pain-in-the-@#%$^. I love those people who think other people don't like them because they are 'intimidated' by them. It's kind of like the woman who says she can't meet a good man because all men are intimidated by her. Um, you don't think it has anything to due with the fact that you have no personality, or you are extremely annoying, or whatever.

You can tell that Trump had a bigger hand in picking the cast this year. They seem a lot more professional (they didn't have to bleep-out the language once) and oh yeah, the women are kind of attractive.

Return to Top
#428109 - 09/23/05 10:03 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Man that would have been awesome to see them put for teams. And the last person to make the shot would get fired but as a consolation prize/humiliation would be Mr. Trumps caddie the entire show.
"Get me a Shasta punk!!"

Return to Top
#428110 - 09/26/05 02:16 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Although the dividing of the teams by gender annoys me still. But I think it's going to be a good season anyway!

Return to Top
#428111 - 09/26/05 03:32 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I heard that the next "Apprentce" he was thinking of dividing by race. Can you belive that. I read that on MSNBC.com

Return to Top
#428112 - 09/26/05 08:20 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Did any of you watch Martha's Apprentice? What did you think (the critics didn't like it).

Return to Top
#428113 - 09/26/05 08:24 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was Martha Stewart what more can you say. She is not Donald and I think that is what the critics were expecting. She was polite, but I am sure when she twists off at someone they will like her better.

Return to Top
#428114 - 09/26/05 09:42 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I heart Martha, but the show needs work. She's being too overly nice - doesn't she realize we want to see QUEEN MARTHA at work? Rip somebody a new one! We know you're capable of it!!

She also needs to get a new haircut because the current one is driving me insane (those long bangs.)

The concept is good though, I definitely thought the guy who got fired - oh, excuse me, who "didn't fit in" - was a complete JERK and should have gone home. Too bad his team didn't fully explain that to everyone.

However, her "George & Carolyn" are no George & Carolyn, if you see what I mean.

Return to Top
#428115 - 09/27/05 02:41 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
"However, her "George & Carolyn" are no George & Carolyn, if you see what I mean."

I fully agree, but apparently her daughter wanted to be on TV

Return to Top
#428116 - 09/27/05 02:46 PM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Of course she did.

Did y'all see Trump is PG? Expect a whole new wave of tasks. "Build the best baby changing station. Market this new, super-duper stroller. Which formula can you sell the most of?"

Return to Top
#428117 - 09/30/05 11:59 AM Re: Apprentice (Donald style)
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Well, either Chris is really not very bright or he was just tired of the game already. I can't beleive he didn't bring someone else into the boardroom, especially after Trump told him very clearly that he didn't think Chris ought to bring Markus in. Then that's the only guy he brings? He had to know he was signing his own pink slip at that point.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8