Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#428472 - 11/23/05 01:43 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Ugh! A non-elimination round and the Weaver's get to stay I was totally psyched when the took route 92 and got so far behind! I want them knocked off and not in the F3. What's with the "poor us, no one likes us, we have never been so disliked" syndrome????

I want Daddy Wally and his 3 girls to win. They have really impressed me. I was glad the Linz's finally won a round.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428473 - 11/23/05 02:20 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

what did the Linz's win - I missed that part thanks
I was glad they finally hit the #1 spot

Return to Top
#428474 - 11/23/05 04:43 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

They won a trip for four to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I'm glad they finally managed to come in first and win something!

I knew as soon as they showed all the other teams getting excited about getting rid of the Weavers that it would be a non-elimination leg. They are extremely obnoxious but I also feel sorry for them in an obscure way. The children are being home-schooled by their mother, who is...limited, for lack of a better word. They've recently lost their father and they don't seem to have any compassion or empathy for any other way of life but their own. The volcano was boring, the Grand Canyon was over-rated, and now they think Utah is boring and the whole state is suspect because "Mormons live here" - gasp! They always seem very unhappy, suspicious and dissatisfied. What an exhausting way to live.

Signed,
Another Anon

Return to Top
#428475 - 11/23/05 05:05 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the editing last night helped to bring out the Weaver's "bad side" a little more: Rolly's heckling of the bikers as they drove by; however, he is just a kid.

The Linsz family is beginning to grow on me a lot. Yeah, they're the typical frat boys, but they're having LOADS of fun along the way!

Based on last night's show, I have a feeling that the Weavers are going to make a power showing in the final rounds. Why? Because they were all set to be eliminated last night and they had totally given up. Phil gave them a "pep talk" and in their final comments they indicated they have a new will to win - that's some turn around!! There were also some subtle comments about how anything can happen and others have gone from last to first. I think the producers may be setting the viewers up for a big twist where the Weavers are concerned!

I've always loved AR (every season), it's difficult to follow in the early episodes when there are so many contenders, but when these final stages come around, the fun really begins!!!

Anybody know when the final episode airs??

Return to Top
#428476 - 11/23/05 05:07 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I think ol' Phil was glad to see the Linzes finally win a leg. I liked the way he yanked their chain by starting out, "And there will be no prize."

As for the Weavers, sure, *I* might've stopped along the way for some chow at Micky D's if I felt I was about to get eliminated, but I doubt I would've been strolling out to the clue box while still sucking down a cheeseburger. I mean, it just looks bad. Admittedly, I am pretty chunkular, but there's no reason to show America how I got that way, and it's also disrespectful to the show. They are totally the sour grapes team, all "We're losing? Fine, we didn't want to be on this crummy Race anyway."

Return to Top
#428477 - 11/23/05 06:38 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm afraid that might be the way the Weavers solve a lot of their problems. "Friends? We don't need friends; they'll just be mean to you someday. Dates? We don't need dates; the opposite sex is evil. Garbage men? We don't need garbage men and their stinky trucks. All of our garbage smells sweet and is good for the earth."

I hated their comment about being the only nice family left and whoever wins will spend the money on nose jobs and new boobs.

Signed,
Another Anon

Return to Top
#428478 - 11/23/05 09:33 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I'm afraid that might be the way the Weavers solve a lot of their problems. "Friends? We don't need friends; they'll just be mean to you someday. Dates? We don't need dates; the opposite sex is evil. Garbage men? We don't need garbage men and their stinky trucks. All of our garbage smells sweet and is good for the earth."

I hated their comment about being the only nice family left and whoever wins will spend the money on nose jobs and new boobs.

Signed,
Another Anon

Those Weavers really get my blood boiling. What a hateful, nasty little family and then they cloak themselves in fake spirituality and act like people don't like them because of their faith. NEWSFLASH - THEY DON'T LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE MEAN AND THOUGHTLESS.

Whew, I feel so much better now.

P.S. Don't judge the Paolo family too harshly. That's just the way some families are. My sister and talk to our mother that way, doesn't mean we don't love her, just means she irritates the snot out of us at times. We are always there for family when they need us. We just have a colorful way of loving each other.

Return to Top
#428479 - 11/23/05 10:10 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

"I hated their comment about being the only nice family left and whoever wins will spend the money on nose jobs and new boobs."

Me too Another Anon. I wonder exactly what they plan to do with the money...donate it?

Builder Chick

Return to Top
#428480 - 11/23/05 10:12 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
I think they will buy more ice cream from McDonalds.

Return to Top
#428481 - 11/24/05 12:56 AM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

I think they will buy more ice cream from McDonalds.

Yes, because it "revigorates and injuvenates", as Ma Weaver would have it.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5