BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#428397 - 10/05/05 03:18 AM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Dagnabbit, the Paolo family dodged Philimination! But the Rogerses took the boot. Too bad they all had to suffer for the dad being a pompous and self-righteous martinet and jerkweed. You just KNEW when we were shown each team saying "Take 30 west" that someone was gonna foul it up and go the opposite direction. And they did so in spectacular fashion.

I can't decide if the mea culpa by Papa Rogers at the end was an acknowledgment that he was to blame or a statement that his son shouldn't come down too hard on him because it's no use pointing fingers and anyway, the son probably really was the one who blew it. I sort of suspect the latter.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428398 - 10/05/05 10:34 AM Re: Amazing Race 8
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I was disappointed it wasn't the Fightin' Italians out, but quite happy with the snotty Shreveport family leaving. And yes, I agree that it was the "I'm the KING of the House" Dad's way of saying "This was your fault, son, and I hope you realize it." Jerk.

Return to Top
#428399 - 10/05/05 02:00 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was glad they were booted too. There were four people in the car and yet somehow it's the son's fault that they went the wrong way? I felt the mom humiliated the son by "demoting" him from driving and having the dad drive again. Absolutely agree, EGB, dad was a jerk!

What are people's thoughts about the Weavers (the widow with the kids)? I can't make up my mind whether I like them or not. I want to root for them as under-dogs but I feel as if something is off with them. Is it just me?

Return to Top
#428400 - 10/05/05 02:21 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I was just coming to post about how much they SHRIEK. I thought the Pink Ladies (4 blonde sisters) were bad but geez louise, the Weaver Widow & family are L-o-u-d. Except for the boy - does he ever talk? It took me until most of the way through to realize he even existed. They are not my favorite team.

The Dad on the Dad&Daughters team needs to step up. I thought it was funny when one of the girls said "Gee, and he was on MY butt about working out for this...." He's really dragging them down.

Return to Top
#428401 - 10/05/05 04:37 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

The Dad on the Dad&Daughters team needs to step up. I thought it was funny when one of the girls said "Gee, and he was on MY butt about working out for this...." He's really dragging them down.

After he was lagging so bad earlier, I thought it was odd that he decided to take the Road Block, which clearly was going to involve some amount of walking. It looked like it would've been a better choice for him to just let a daughter take it so he could rest. I thought they were gonna lose the race right there, but I guess he felt he needed to prove himself or something.

Yeah, those Weavers are LOUD. I'm not sure I've seen a team that was so excitable. The Godlewskis (the four sisters, dubbed elsewhere the Goodlookskis or the Gabblelewskis) can turn up the volume, too, but it's mainly just talking over each other and not a bunch of squealing and shrieking.

I'm not sure the Gaghans are long for this world. Wandering about the wrong reflecting pool for TWO HOURS? I mean, sure, I would've ended up there as well, but I think I would've figured out something was wrong a little bit quicker than that. And then to take the stretcher task when their two kids can't really help? It's pretty dang early for Killer Fatigue to be affecting their judgment.

Return to Top
#428402 - 10/12/05 03:09 AM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Gadzooks! The dreadful Paolos live to fight another day! While one of the favored teams falls by the wayside. And the Weavers TOTALLY freak out. At Waffle House. Mmm...I likes dem hash browns, scattered, smothered, and covered.

Return to Top
#428403 - 10/12/05 10:38 AM Re: Amazing Race 8
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
SIGH. Every season, one of the teams I like best goofs and goes home early. This year, the Aiellos. I had a feeling when they couldn't get through the mud pit timely that they might be in trouble... And the Fighting Italians actually moved UP a few notches, eek! Yes, the Weavers are whack and I really really wish they had gone home. Quit whining about lack of sleep on the bus and you know, like, go to SLEEP or something. Next week looks interesting, but you know the Weavers will Overcome Their Fears and survive the dreaded race track challenge.

Are these people EVER going to leave the US????

Return to Top
#428404 - 10/12/05 01:35 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Am I the only one rooting for the Linz family?

Return to Top
#428405 - 10/12/05 01:38 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
Quote:

Are these people EVER going to leave the US???

Empress--I think this race is run entirely in the US.

Return to Top
#428406 - 10/12/05 02:46 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like the sister in the Linz family but the boys are so immature and really hard for me to take. Enough already with the passing gas!

I so wanted the Aiello's to win. I loved their family dynamics and their support of each other.

The Weavers need to CALM DOWN.

Return to Top
#428407 - 10/12/05 02:50 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I have to root for the Linz family, since the sister is going to my college (Miami of Ohio), and the boys have worn Bengals shirts WHO DEY!

You have to give the boys a break for their immaturity, after all, they range in age from 19 to 24. Lets face it, that's the age when boys are stupid! I love the way that they support their sister, and was impressed that when she was tiring out, they cheered her on and one of them carried her backpack to help her out. Now that's Cincinnati. Plus, they are the typical west side of Cincinnati family. Never move away, never forget family, never forget their roots.

Return to Top
#428408 - 10/12/05 02:54 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

Next week looks interesting, but you know the Weavers will Overcome Their Fears and survive the dreaded race track challenge.

Are these people EVER going to leave the US????

You are almost certainly correct, Your Grace. It's extremely unlikely that the producers would hold this challenge if the Weavers were likely to suffer a complete and traumatizing core meltdown. (Although opinions vary as to whether the visit to this race track was scheduled before or after the Weavers were cast.)

The prevailing opinion of viewers seems to be that the Weavers must be even more annoying during the mandatory E/S/M stops, since the Aiellos appeared irrationally angry at them, and even Phil looked to be all, "Damn, you guys didn't come in last."

I wonder if Boy Schroeder is in trouble now that his stepmother-slanderin' went out to a national TV audience. On the other hand, she did tell him to "shut his pie hole", which was a li'l harsh.

Kewl prize for a first place finish! I wonder if they had a series of situational prizes based on whichever team landed on the mat first. I mean, getting free fuel from BP/Arco isn't any good if you don't live near those chains. That would be like getting free burgers for life from White Castle, which, sadly, isn't a national chain.

It looks like the race will stay in the U.S., although I hope they at least skip over to Canada or Mexico. Note that Phil is now saying "in a race for a million dollars" instead of "a race around the world".

Return to Top
#428409 - 10/12/05 02:58 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
They probably won't leave the US because of the children in the race.

Return to Top
#428410 - 10/12/05 03:09 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was I the only one that thought the last challenge was stupid. I mean there really was no race because you had to wait in line until they did that gravity thing and then go to the computer and then the finish line. Maybe if they had more than one of the machines and they actually had to do something other than just sit there and take it.

Return to Top
#428411 - 10/12/05 03:42 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I don't think they'll leave North America because they need such large vehicles. Did you notice on the way to the airport all 4 family members were being driven? So they needed a vehicle that held 6. I know in western Europe you can get vans but I don't think you can in the more remote places they go. Although they could use the trains in other Countries.

Return to Top
#428412 - 10/12/05 03:51 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

I have to root for the Linz family, since the sister is going to my college (Miami of Ohio), and the boys have worn Bengals shirts WHO DEY!

What was cool last night was Meg jogging through the space complex, cheering herself on: "I can do this, I can do this."

Return to Top
#428413 - 10/12/05 05:10 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Was disappointed in last nights finish, as there was very little suspense, though they did try to make it at least look close. I wasn't disappointed that the Aiellos (sp?) left however. I didn't like their attitude toward the Weavers, and let's face it, they really aren't family. Of course the Weavers are loud and probably a little annoying, but what do you expect from teenaged girls. Plus they represent a very interesting dynamic -- how does a family react to stressful situations after losing there leader. I also like the Linz family, despite the fact that they are Bungles fans. They don't take things too seriously, and actually seem to be enjoying themselves, which is fun to watch. How about the parents of the family with the little kids (don't remember their names), they are like super parents. They've easily completed the most physical challenges with little help from the kids. I'm also enjoying the New Yorkers, their constant bickering is entertaining and probably very real for many families in America.
Last edited by Puddy; 10/12/05 05:11 PM.
Return to Top
#428414 - 10/19/05 04:06 AM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Oh, boy, Southern stereotypes aplenty! What fascinating TV-viewing fun! Except, not. Was this leg designed by a bunch of snotty urban elitists? Find a giant chair! Go to a racetrack! Stay in a trailerpark! Go riverboat gambling! Bah. And let's not forget the ever-challenging "Go to BP and find Les" task. Oh, no, that's too tough!

Man, this season is TERRIBLE. And how the Weavers manage not to get lost on an everyday basis is a mystery to me. First they doubted Pennsylvania was a state. Then they wondered if DC was in the state of Washington. Tonight, they assert that Lake Ponchartrain is one of the Great Lakes. Ooookay, then.

Return to Top
#428415 - 10/19/05 10:33 AM Re: Amazing Race 8
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I *told* you this season was going to be lame. I about DIED when they said Ponchartrain was one of the "5 Great Lakes". I thought surely I misheard that one.

Anyone else think the Talledega thing was completely toned down in respect for the Weavers' loss? I'm thinking if they hadn't been there, people would maybe have gotten to drive or ride in a real race car.

But HA HA HA HA on the obnoxious "But I'm used to being FIRST in EVERYTHING" Schroeder family elimination - in their HOMETOWN. That was Suh-weet! I would have been happy with any of the last 3 teams going out actually. Couldn't believe the Fightin' Italians moved up to second place. SIGH.

Return to Top
#428416 - 10/19/05 01:44 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Schroeder family was really working my nerves - not as much as the Fightin' Italians, but about par with the Weavers. I'm glad they were eliminated but I have to agree that this is a pretty lame season and I really don't have any favorite families left. I like the family with the little boy and girl but only in small doses.

I figured I had to have misheard Mama Weaver's comment on the Great Lakes. I was out of the room for a moment and I thought they were speculating on where they could go next. I guess ya gotta love someone that is that much so cheerfully ignorant.

I thought the mooning was hilarious but I was curious how everyone else felt?

Signed,
Another Anon

Return to Top
#428417 - 10/19/05 02:29 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I think it's kinda cute. Lets face it, we have one team of girls (with their father no less) flirting shameless with a team of brothers who have their sister tagging along. Could there be romance between the two teams later on in the race? Could it continue to affect challenges? Lets face it, these two teams helped each other yesterday at least twice. Are we seeing an Amazing Race: College Edition preview?

Go Linz family! WHO DEY!

Return to Top
#428418 - 10/19/05 02:38 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I think a College Edition could be lots of fun to watch...debauchery a go-go .

I hope the Dad and Girls team and the Brothers and Sister team stay because they are the only interesting ones on the show. I am really impressed with the Gaghan mom...she is one tough cookie!

The Lake Ponchartrain is a great lake comment had me rollin on the floor....what a dim bulb.

Return to Top
#428419 - 10/19/05 03:03 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Builder, I almost forgot about the Lake Ptrain being one of the 5 great lakes. HELLO!?!?!

Return to Top
#428420 - 10/19/05 03:21 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
The interesting thing about Ma Weaver's geographical ignorance is that she allegedly has home-schooled her kids. They could probably tell you the names of every Philistine and Samarian town mentioned in the Bible, but I'm fairly certain they'd be challenged to name more than ten American states, and even then they'd probably include East Virginia, Pacifica, and Rushmore.

Yeah, I'm also wondering if there might be some kind of hormonal storm brewing between the Linzes and the Bransens. Gad, let's hope not. The Linz Boyz still have about another ten years of maturing before they hit the emotional age of nineteen or so. Of course, if the Bransen chicks don't mind shining a full moon on them, maybe they really go for that kind of frat-guy vibe.

Current speculation is that the course designers may have figured that the teams with young'uns would be washed out by now, 'cuz that "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay"/"Play blackjack" Detour wasn't really scaled too well for the possibility of nine-year-olds being around.

Return to Top
#428421 - 10/21/05 09:21 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Interview with the Schroeder family in which they admit that they lived in stark terror of the villainous Rolly of Clan Weaver.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5