Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#428372 - 09/23/05 06:58 PM Amazing Race 8
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
It is coming soon. Amazing Race 8

Hope it is as good as the others. Sure is going to be different with teams of 4 instead of 2.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428373 - 09/23/05 07:10 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I've heard rumors that this one will cover many fewer miles. That might be bad.

Wonder if there will be fewer taxis and small-scale forms of travel? Each conveyance they take has to actually hold six people, not including the driver (because each team has a cameraman and sound guy with them).
Last edited by RandomName; 09/23/05 08:43 PM.
Return to Top
#428374 - 09/23/05 07:15 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
There is an article in this weeks TV Guide-sounds like more time in the US than in the past. It will be interesting to see how this goes-

Return to Top
#428375 - 09/26/05 02:08 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I think it's going to be lame, myself. I'll still watch, mind you, but I'm not expecting much out of it. We'll see tomorrow night......

Return to Top
#428376 - 09/26/05 07:29 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
On the plus side, one team has three youngish blonde sisters, so my eye candy quota may be filled.

Return to Top
#428377 - 09/26/05 08:02 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Perv.

Return to Top
#428378 - 09/26/05 09:32 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

They've been running a promo on TV that shows a fairly young child tipping over fast asleep in the back of a vehicle - makes me laugh every time I see it! This one should be interesting!

Return to Top
#428379 - 09/28/05 04:17 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did everyone catch AR8 last night? This is going to be a great season!!! Some of the teams are already stand-outs!!! Did you catch those teenage boys from NJ, they are "rude" personified!!! Their mother was correct in exclaiming that she was embarassed by their behavior - they will definitely fill the conflict quota!

I thought it was ironic that the jocks and their sister were team number 9, outrun by other teams with kids and less athletic and strong team members! Just goes to show it takes more than beauty and braun!

I think this one is going to be great even though they may not travel as much out of the US!!

Return to Top
#428380 - 09/28/05 04:19 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I was too tired to watch until the end. Which team was eliminated?

Return to Top
#428381 - 09/28/05 04:26 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
The Black Family. I loved the show. It will be funny to watch the kids, but sad for when they get booted. The boys last night were so sad...

Return to Top
#428382 - 09/28/05 04:32 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was better than I thought it would be. I was sad to see the Black Family go. I wish it had been the loud Jersy family, Yuck!

-Builder Chick

Return to Top
#428383 - 09/28/05 04:34 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
The team that was eliminated was the Black family. (They were also the only African-American team.)

I think the year should be interesting. I almost didn't watch it last night but decided to and it really kept my interest. The next couple weeks should really bring out the strong teams with the different age groups and family units. I really like the family with the young boy and girl who came in second last night.

Return to Top
#428384 - 09/28/05 05:01 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Lu Offline
Platinum Poster
I liked the show too. I wasn't sure whether it would be as good with families. I'm cheering for the family with the two young kids.

Return to Top
#428385 - 09/28/05 06:39 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
Hey Empress - have you got any spoilers on this one or is that just a Survivor thing?

Return to Top
#428386 - 09/28/05 07:42 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Well, on the plus side, there were many attractive young blonde women. On the anti-plus side, there was more girlish squealing and shrieking in one episode than in any previous complete season.

The buggy task looked like the fast option, but apparently it was the choice for chumps--or, as was proven, for two strong parents with two lightweight kids. (Exchange of the night. Boy in the buggy: "I wish I could've contributed more." His younger sister: "Get used to it, dork.")

The Paolo family needs a steaming hot cup of Shut The Heck Up. It looks like it's the custom for the two boys to start hollering and posturing, for Mom to yell back, and for Dad to zone off into his happy place.

So far, I can tolerate the two Louisiana teams, the My Three Daughters team, and the Desperate Housewives. The Three Dudes and A Dudette team might be okay if the brothers would dial down the frat attitude a bit.

I hope the teams at least go into Canada and Mexico. But if they stay in the States, it should be amusing to see how poor a grasp on national geography some teams might have. I think it was the Weaver mom who was a little dubious as to whether or not Pennsylvania was an actual state.

ETA: Not having seen S1, I didn't grok that the two hot dog cart dudes were Kevin and Drew from the inaugural season. I thought they got to be strangely chatty for clue hander-outers. ALSO: S1 and S7 DVDs can now be ordered on Amazon. At last!
Last edited by RandomName; 09/29/05 03:47 AM.
Return to Top
#428387 - 09/29/05 12:40 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I can find spoilers if y'all want. LMK.

Teams I liked: the Daddy/Daughters. The FIL and sons-in-law. The Linz siblings.

Teams I am neutral on - the Pink Ladies (blonde sisters) - I just think they'll be out soon.

Teams who annoy the heck out of me - both Louisiana family, esp the Schroeders (the stepmom, ANNOYING dad and kids); the Gaghans (2 little kids); the Weavers (widow who kept praying in the car); the HORRID family from NJ.

I know it's not PC but it did crack me up that the African American family was NAMED Black so that every time they'd show them and their caption, it would say "The Black Family". I am sorry they are out though, as they seemed to work well together (if slowly) and get along well. Unlike some of the other dysfunctional groups.

Return to Top
#428388 - 09/29/05 01:36 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL EGB. I was offended at first when Phil was doing the voice-over. "And now meet the Black family." I was like, dang, did they do that with the Italians?!

Return to Top
#428389 - 09/29/05 01:44 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
My four year old says "he shouldn't say that when I am around" that is what he tells us when someone swears. I thought my hubby was going to spit out his chili!!

Return to Top
#428390 - 09/29/05 02:59 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

Teams who annoy the heck out of me - both Louisiana family, esp the Schroeders (the stepmom, ANNOYING dad and kids)...

Yeah, I had forgotten that Intense!Dad had said back in NYC that it was too bad they didn't have a handicapped kid they could shove out in traffic to slow down other teams. Looks like even his wife was hacked off at him at that point.

Return to Top
#428391 - 09/29/05 04:41 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

The annoying family with the two smart mouth sons is from New York not New Jersey.

Return to Top
#428392 - 09/29/05 05:15 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot
Yes, they're from NY and got lost there as well! (I know NY is big, but it is sort of ironic...)

Return to Top
#428393 - 09/29/05 05:44 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
I hope they go next...very annoying family!!!

Return to Top
#428394 - 09/29/05 07:02 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Did they say they were from the Bronx, maybe? You know, simply MILES from Manhattan! Although for some reason I keep thinking they are from like Paramus or something.

Return to Top
#428395 - 09/29/05 07:35 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Amazing Race website says they are from Carmel, NY. It says the father is a sanation worker in NYC on the website. I seem to remember him saying that he was a sanitation worker in The Bronx.

Return to Top
#428396 - 09/29/05 07:54 PM Re: Amazing Race 8
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
Yes, when they were lost he made a comment about knowing the Bronx but not Manhatten.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5