Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#428740 - 09/25/05 03:04 AM Did anybody miss me?
TrueBlueBanker Offline
Platinum Poster
TrueBlueBanker
Midlands SC
Did anyone miss me. I had to take a break from the cooler. Bolers were confusing me with BlueBanker and He/She and I are nothing alike. Is BlueBanker still around? Good to see
somethings never change. Is "X" really "P"? Good to see Z back in the cooler again. I missed all you guys and girls. So what's up with Deppfan,Dan Persful,That Guy, Nanwa(I really missed you Nanwa because you remind me of my wife and mom so much, Skittles,DawgFan,Cowboy Fan,Jokerman,BengalsFan and I could never forget Happy Gilmore. Has ExGovtBabe been promoted to Empress? How did you allow Dawnie to become HRH Dawnie....does that stand for Her Royal Highness? DQ are you not going to become Devil Empress? What going on with SkunkBoy?******The reason I took a extended break is really because My brother-in-law (My baby sister's husband) of 38 years committed suicide. A billiant attorney with so much to live for: It's been tough for our entire family. He was a Vietnam vet that has fought flashbacks for years. Keep us in your prayers. I need to laugh again....WHEN DOES THE BAR OPEN?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#428741 - 09/25/05 04:01 AM Re: Did anybody miss me?
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
TBB sorry to hear about your BIL. Yes there have been many changes since you were last here. The ladies of BOL have all become royalty, long story but let's just say X was being his jerky self and tried to insult a few of us and we took it an ran with it.
HappyG was also crowned Queen by X but he has since given up his title, he is now titleless. (don't misread that like we all did) He has been recovering from Katrina, not sure how he did with Rita yet.

Biggest news is that we have a number of Ladies of royalty expecting little royals. Biggest surprise - Dawnie is gonna be a momma. I am not sure who was shocked more, us or her.

Hopefully you will have time to catch up on some of the other going-ons soon. Glad you are back.

Return to Top
#428742 - 09/25/05 05:47 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
I wondered if you had changed your name and I just hadn't figured it out yet. I'm glad you're back and I'm very sorry for your loss.

Return to Top
#428743 - 09/25/05 08:30 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Welcome back...it's great to welcome back the "true" blue banker.

Return to Top
#428744 - 09/26/05 01:31 AM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Anonymous
Unregistered

TrueBlueBanker,

Yes, we did miss you. Please accept my condolences for your loss. Looking forward to your future posts.

On a positive note ---- Go GameCocks.

Fellow BOLer from Midlands of SC.

Return to Top
#428745 - 09/26/05 02:16 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
TBB, I am so sorry to hear about your family's tragedy.

Welcome back.

Return to Top
#428746 - 09/26/05 02:25 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Welcome back! We did miss you and I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Yes, we expectant Queens have taken over. Pizza Queen, HRH Dawnie and I are all due between now and December 1. All with boys, too! A new crop of little Princes to raise around here.

Skittles isn't around much any more, she's got a new life doing consulting and actually living in the same state - nay, HOUSE - as her husband!! Imagine that.

Return to Top
#428747 - 09/26/05 04:19 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Yes, we expectant Queens have taken over. Pizza Queen, HRH Dawnie and I are all due between now and December 1. All with boys, too! A new crop of little Princes to raise around here.

Hmmm, as long as it isn't contagious...

Return to Top
#428748 - 09/26/05 04:23 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Just to be safe, you are drinking only bottled beverages you open yourself, correct????

Return to Top
#428749 - 09/26/05 04:25 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmm, as long as it isn't contagious...

Scary, DQ, I was thinking the same thing

Return to Top
#428750 - 09/26/05 04:42 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
LOL, EGB, right now it is a green bottle of Tanqueray... DO NOT TOUCH IT!

Return to Top
#428751 - 09/26/05 04:47 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Welcome back - prayers to you and yours.

Return to Top
#428752 - 09/26/05 05:12 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
I didn't even know that you were gone.

Anyway, yes the Queens are having little queens, but in Dawnie's case - it's another single parent type scenario - no marriage scheduled. We will probably end up supporting all the little Queens, but at least they will have a chance at life, hopefully no the banking life as we know it.

Some humor:

The "Reverend" Jesse Jackson, while visiting a primary school class, found himself in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asks the Rev. Jackson if he would like to lead the discussion
on the word "tragedy." So the illustrious leader asks the class for an example of a "tragedy."

One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a runaway tractor comes along and knocks him dead, that would be a tragedy.

"No," says the Great Jesse Jackson, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy." "I'm afraid not," explains the exalted spiritual leader. "That's what we would call a great loss."

The room goes silent. No other children volunteer. Rev. Jackson searches the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally at the back of the room a small boy raises his hand. In a quiet voice he says: "If a plane carrying the Rev. Jackson were struck by a missile and blown to smithereens that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaims Jackson, "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy, "because it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss, and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."
_____

Q: How do you make a media hormone?

A: Take away the cameras and microphones!
______

Return to Top
#428753 - 09/26/05 05:31 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small. The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible. The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah". The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?" The little girl replied, "Then you ask him ".

A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like." Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head. She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?" Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white." The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, "Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.' A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher, she's dead."

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face." "Yes," the class said. "Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?" A little fellow shouted, "Cause your feet ain't empty."

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching." Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples.

Return to Top
#428754 - 09/26/05 10:15 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

Anyway, yes the Queens are having little queens, but in Dawnie's case - it's another single parent type scenario - no marriage scheduled. We will probably end up supporting all the little Queens, but at least they will have a chance at life, hopefully no the banking life as we know it.

Ray you're an idiot.

I missed you TBB and I was confused at your "new tone" as BB LOL Glad to hear the real you is still the "real you!"

I'm so sorry to hear about your family! I know you're being a doll and giving your sister all the comfort you can. Share our prayers for her recovery (and the rest of the family) with her if you are able. We hate to hear anyone in the BOL family has suffered a loss like this!

On to the updates. Not only are half the queens prego but EGB and I are actually having our boys on exactly the same day Originally it was actually at the same time (9 am for me and 12 for her which is the same time given the zones) but I can't stand to lose a race, so I moved my time up to 7:30 am just to beat her to the punch. (Actually the doctor did it...7:30...ACK that's early!)

My darling and I are quite excited about our new family addition. It was not something we planned (we have to put off buying the 47' ocean going vessel this year LOL) but given that we didn't think we could have children, it was a welcome shock

And Ray...his trust fund is already set up. Don't let your little mind worry about him ever needing support from the tax payers. You've done the same for any unfortunate children you've created right? ::Eyes rolling:: ya right!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#428755 - 09/26/05 10:49 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Dawnie, Don't let him get to you. He is so full of hate it is just sad. Maybe if we all got together and gave him a group hug we could smother him out of his misery, especially with you prego ladies hugging.

Return to Top
#428756 - 09/27/05 01:05 AM Re: Did anybody miss me?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Heh heh, not a bad idea I always did think that poor darling man needed a big hug

Return to Top
#428757 - 09/27/05 03:03 AM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks to all my Boler friends...you have really made my day. Please do not confuse me with Blue Banker...coming from a family of 6 sisters and 4 brothers we always had so much love for each other. I reckon that's one of the reasons I respect women so much. I think Ray X P musta been an only child. Too much hate in this world already...I refuse to spread it!

Dawnie....I always thought you were a classy lady from day one in Bolerland. Hope you have an antique crib and cradle all set up for your little one. Yes...my wife and I as well as all my brothers and sisters are helping our baby sister through all this. Taking it one day at a time. I think it's simply amazing all of you are expecting at the same time. Life goes on......

Return to Top
#428758 - 09/27/05 03:10 AM Re: Did anybody miss me?
TrueBlueBanker Offline
Platinum Poster
TrueBlueBanker
Midlands SC
Sorry.....I didn't realized I was logged out! Thanks everyone...TBB

Return to Top
#428759 - 09/27/05 03:21 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
So, Dawnie - a single parent, right?

WOW, 40 something and a brand new single parent - hopefully that will not start a trend.

And please, no group hug from this group - someone in always wanting to hug me, but they just cannot stop with just a hug.

Return to Top
#428760 - 09/27/05 03:40 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's more of your pills I found that again, you forgot to take this morning, X. You really should have a reminder on your computer to "take pills before logging in to BOL"

Return to Top
#428761 - 09/27/05 03:55 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How does one "huge"? And a group "huge"? Somebody is bound to get hurt with a group huge.

Return to Top
#428762 - 09/27/05 04:03 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

How does one "huge"? And a group "huge"? Somebody is bound to get hurt with a group huge.

You must be thinking about the size of members of the group, not the hug.

Return to Top
#428763 - 09/27/05 04:33 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
Quote:

I missed you TBB and I was confused at your "new tone" as BB LOL Glad to hear the real you is still the "real you!"

I wondered the same thing. Welcome back and I am sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Return to Top
#428764 - 09/27/05 07:40 PM Re: Did anybody miss me?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Actually Ray, no, not a single parent, but frankly, I think it's a lovely thing to see educated women and men over 40 who make choices to raise children Unlike 20 year old's they can afford to give the children the best in education and parenting, verses a parent who's just trying to make ends meet. Now, since you got a little tiny response, please crawl back in your little coffin dear and try to think of something else to whine about. It's not working honey.

TBB, I SEARCHED the world over (ok the state over LOL) for an antique cradle to replace the one I inherited as a child, but was lost in a fire when I was small. Unfortunately I couldn't find one, but did find a lovely handmade one which holds place of honor in the library/living room where I plan on spending the first month or so when we both come home

The rest of the baby room is all antiques as well as a lovely high chair I found locally. I couldn't imagine one of those horrible plastic monsters in my new dining room LOL And yes, for all who are thinking...antique...is it safe? It's been retrofitted with straps for the baby so he won't slide out the seat bottom, and we tested it's stregnth on other children we really didn't like by letting them use it first (kidding...they were ok kids, all second born and expendable) heh heh

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2