Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#429675 - 09/28/05 02:25 AM Re: What annoying song....
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

My son always has the Star Wars theme playing in his head... drives me nuts...

So, DQ- Do you hear the voices in your son's head, too? Or just the songs?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#429676 - 09/28/05 04:11 AM Re: What annoying song....
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kayne West = Why earplugs were invented.

...and why discount bins were created in CD stores.

...and evidently you don't have anyone's taste in music. Kanye West is music.

I don't have anyone's taste in music? That doesn't make sense. Study Kayne's sources and you will learn that this is not HIS music. He steals from many past sources and has a long list of guest vocalists. He either is or will be sued by one of the artists he ripped off without her permission (I can't remember the name). Mark my word. Five years from now, this album will be selling for less than $5 on ebay.

Hey, that's fine if you like him, but recognize why you like him: He samples other successful music heavily and employs numerous guests musicians. Hey, if it feeds his babies, why not, but I am not along for the ride.
Last edited by zaibatsu; 09/28/05 12:17 PM.

Return to Top
#429677 - 09/28/05 12:03 PM Re: What annoying song....
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

My son always has the Star Wars theme playing in his head... drives me nuts...

So, DQ- Do you hear the voices in your son's head, too? Or just the songs?

You know, Jac, just once I would like to meet you in person!

The voices in my own head drive me nuts as well...

Return to Top
#429678 - 09/28/05 03:41 PM Re: What annoying song....
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Doop doooh Dah Dooh Dooh;

Doop Dooooooh Dah Doooh

Manah Manah

I love that commercial and song!

Return to Top
#429679 - 09/28/05 03:52 PM Re: What annoying song....
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
he might sample things from other artists, but so does everyone else, they basically remake the whole song, jessica simpson-boots are made for walking, Britney Spears-my perogative and I love rock'n rooll...just to name a few...the difference is he changes it and adds his flip on it, he has so many "political" statements in his songs, all of his songs try to make a point, the question is do you get the point?

Return to Top
#429680 - 09/28/05 04:01 PM Re: What annoying song....
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

he might sample things from other artists, but so does everyone else,

Well, that's certainly news to a lot of real musicians who write and perform their own music. I don't think the question is whether I get the point. I can get the point--even appreciate it--and still not like the final product. Part of the reason for my dislike of his music is prejudice against people taking short cuts by borrowing recordings from others. People have accepted mediocrity.
Last edited by zaibatsu; 09/28/05 04:05 PM.

Return to Top
#429681 - 09/28/05 04:11 PM Re: What annoying song....
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
if you are a big rap fan..and you compare his music to other rappers of today you would see that he is actually doing something.. all these other "rappers" rap about is their money, girls, wheels, their cars, their gold teeth, and drugs and other bs. anyway i do agree with you about the sampling of other songs, but most rap and other music, takes from artists in the past 9 times outa 10 Alien ant Farm-Annie if i could research it all most of the music of today is takin from other artists, the only genre of music that does less of this is country, and even then they take from other artists

Return to Top
#429682 - 09/28/05 04:18 PM Re: What annoying song....
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Hotdogs...Armour HotDogs...

Return to Top
#429683 - 09/28/05 04:40 PM Re: What annoying song....
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

if you are a big rap fan..and you compare his music to other rappers of today you would see that he is actually doing something.. all these other "rappers" rap about is their money, girls, wheels, their cars, their gold teeth, and drugs and other bs. anyway i do agree with you about the sampling of other songs, but most rap and other music, takes from artists in the past 9 times outa 10 Alien ant Farm-Annie if i could research it all most of the music of today is takin from other artists, the only genre of music that does less of this is country, and even then they take from other artists

He is a producer. He wrote some prose and read it into a microphone, got a bunch of musicians and vocalists involved, produced an album and then put his name on it. Isn't this what Quincy Jones did about 14 years ago with Back on the Block.
Last edited by zaibatsu; 09/28/05 05:12 PM.

Return to Top
#429684 - 09/28/05 04:42 PM Re: What annoying song....
Lavender Offline
Gold Star
Lavender
I don't get rap...I don't see how it's relaxing like music...What am I missing...anger?

Return to Top
#429685 - 09/28/05 04:52 PM Re: What annoying song....
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
lavender-i didn't know that rap was supposed to be relaxing
z-geez i wasn't trying to put your panties in a wad i'm just stating my opinion if u dont agree...sorry, and i know that he was/is a producer i said that in an earlier post, thats your opinion great, and i have stated mine it's DONE

Return to Top
#429686 - 09/28/05 05:11 PM Re: What annoying song....
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

lavender-i didn't know that rap was supposed to be relaxing
z-geez i wasn't trying to put your panties in a wad i'm just stating my opinion if u dont agree...sorry, and i know that he was/is a producer i said that in an earlier post, thats your opinion great, and i have stated mine it's DONE

Sorry, I thought I was just discussing my opinion with you. I am not upset just friendly conversation, but I think we've exhausted it.

Return to Top
#429687 - 09/28/05 05:52 PM Re: What annoying song....
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

You know, Jac, just once I would like to meet you in person!

Why just once?

Return to Top
#429688 - 09/28/05 07:10 PM Re: What annoying song....
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
i agree z it is what it is

Return to Top
#429689 - 09/28/05 08:02 PM Re: What annoying song....
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Sunny days...keeping the clouds away.....friendly neighbors....I'm taking my son to Sesame Street live on Sunday so the theme is playing in my head. Can't wait to see Grover and Big Bird from the front row!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3