Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#431419 - 09/29/05 08:41 PM Re: Symbol
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
That girl: buzz kill, party of one, you table is ready.

(I seem to remember making a smart alec comment about you being the fun police before too)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#431420 - 09/29/05 08:45 PM Re: Symbol
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Goody for you. That just means that I am more mature than others!!!

Return to Top
#431421 - 09/29/05 08:49 PM Re: Symbol
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Or maybe just more of a puritan buzz kill. (tattle tale too )

Return to Top
#431422 - 09/29/05 08:54 PM Re: Symbol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
That Girl... I don't want to pick a fight, but I have to agree with Ron, a bit. I can't stand the avatar, but maybe being more mature would have not telling everyone that you reported Shemp. You could have just made a comment to him that you find it offensive, or PM'd him and asked him to change. Even if you did have to report him, you didn't have to let everyone know.

Return to Top
#431423 - 09/29/05 08:55 PM Re: Symbol
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
My opinions are merely my opinions as is everyone else in here. Call it what you wish, Mr. Mexico. Funny though, I never considered myself a tattle tale. I was the one who always got into trouble. But then I had children

Return to Top
#431424 - 09/29/05 09:02 PM Re: Symbol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Since someone finds it offensive I will remove it. I am sorry to those that disliked it and even sorrier (if that is a word) to those that felt it so offensive that they needed to get outside sources to delete it. I do not see what is so offensive about the avatar, but if you do, it is gone.

I will have you know that (Ron will love this) this avatar offends no protected class.

Return to Top
#431425 - 09/29/05 09:17 PM Re: Symbol
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I can't add a stupid avatar that I like. I am not computer smart.

I guess I will just go home and draw an avatar on paper and hold it up to the computer tomorrow.

Return to Top
#431426 - 09/29/05 09:18 PM Re: Symbol
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
BOOOOOOO!!!!!! I miss it already.

Return to Top
#431427 - 09/29/05 09:20 PM Re: Symbol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Ron,

Perhaps you and I can go and email the admins about every avatar. We could call every single one offensive. Then people could think, wow, why can't we have cool avatars. Well, we would know why. BTW Ron, your non-avatar is offensive to me

Return to Top
#431428 - 09/29/05 09:24 PM Re: Symbol
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
For the record, I put no pressure on Shemp to remove the avatar. It was gone before I got the email, so I really have no idea what the fuss is all about.

I'll take that back. I went to the link in the thread. It is bizarre, maybe even disturbing. I would have asked to have it taken down, but would not have demanded it. Thanks, Shemp, for taking the high road.

While we do have to walk a fine line between free speech and civility here (and are not always successful), I appreciate the fact that this one was taken care of without the referee.
Last edited by John Burnett; 09/29/05 09:29 PM.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#431429 - 09/29/05 09:27 PM Re: Symbol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
John, it was an animation of a frustrated stick figure banking his head into a computer. He bleeds (a lot) in it though, which is likely to be the offensive part.

Return to Top
#431430 - 09/29/05 09:27 PM Re: Symbol
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you don't like it, don't look at it. Do you email the TV station if something is on that you don't like or do you push a little button and change the channel.

This is the reason that I want to win the lottery, move to where there are no people. Then if I get offended, I'll just be mad at myself for offending me.

Seriously though, the people of this world need to lighten up.

Seadevil

Return to Top
#431431 - 09/29/05 09:44 PM Re: Symbol
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

This is the reason that I want to win the lottery, move to where there are no people. Then if I get offended, I'll just be mad at myself for offending me.

Seadevil

I'm so glad that I didn't have anything in my mouth. I may have spit it on my screen. That was one of the funniest comments that I have ever read. Pondering it is even funnier...

Return to Top
#431432 - 09/29/05 10:44 PM Re: Symbol
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Shemp - it was big of you to take it down. It's too bad though...I liked that one. Still trying to remember who was the previous owner of that avatar...

Return to Top
#431433 - 09/30/05 02:13 AM Re: Symbol
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

I can't add a stupid avatar that I like. I am not computer smart.

I guess I will just go home and draw an avatar on paper and hold it up to the computer tomorrow.

You could draw your avatar on a post-it note and stick it on the screen next to your post!

I liked shemps avatar, but my sense of humor is pretty warped. Anyway, by show of hands who finds Raiderette's avatar more offensive?

p.s. I hope my one-eyed mouse is not offensive to anyone, (good lord i just realized if you can't see my avatar that sounds even worse!) but trust me no animated mice were injured in the creation of my avatar.
Last edited by slubgob; 09/30/05 02:20 AM.
Return to Top
#431434 - 09/30/05 01:33 PM Re: Symbol
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
I too thank you Shemp for being the bigger person that you seem to be for removing the avatar. Life is about respect and in order to get respect you have to give it. All you bashers out there that do no respect my opinion should not expect respect from others. I personally do not care if you do not like me or my comments or my tattle telling. You do not know me, thank God for that, and this site is not my only social avenue as it is probably for some of you people. All comments seem to come from the younger generation, which is why I can see why you think nothing was wrong with it. One more thing, GROW UP! and get over it.

Return to Top
#431435 - 09/30/05 01:49 PM Re: Symbol
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Just because this is my only social outlet (due to my stereotypical auditor appearance) doesn't mean you have to rub it in.
(as for the merits, a stick figure which was clearly a parody of workplace frustration is offensive only to those with no sense of humor given the context in which it was used and an overly-righteous view in general toward the rest of the world)

Return to Top
#431436 - 09/30/05 02:13 PM Re: Symbol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Quote:

All comments seem to come from the younger generation, which is why I can see why you think nothing was wrong with it. One more thing, GROW UP! and get over it.

I know I have been razzing you a bit about it but I really do not mind having to delete it. I had my fun. But the above comment. That is another story.

Return to Top
#431437 - 09/30/05 02:23 PM Re: Symbol
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Quote:

I too thank you Shemp for being the bigger person that you seem to be for removing the avatar. Life is about respect and in order to get respect you have to give it. All you bashers out there that do no respect my opinion should not expect respect from others. I personally do not care if you do not like me or my comments or my tattle telling. You do not know me, thank God for that, and this site is not my only social avenue as it is probably for some of you people. All comments seem to come from the younger generation, which is why I can see why you think nothing was wrong with it. One more thing, GROW UP! and get over it.

Wow...you know, I am actually embarassed that your on here. No one has made a jab at you and yet you come on here and tell everyone to "Grow Up". It's interesting to me why you are getting so upset. I can understand that you didn't like or feel comfortable about the avatar but you're acting as if everyone is picking on you. The last several posts, previous to yours, haven't been negative to you in any way in my opinion. I think you should really think about what you posted and how immature it is. I for one would like to drop this entire matter. I respect your opinion as does everyone else. We are all adults here.

That said...Shemp's avatar rocked.

Return to Top
#431438 - 09/30/05 02:46 PM Re: Symbol
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
I made a jab at her. A couple of times. And I am a child.

Return to Top
#431439 - 09/30/05 02:46 PM Re: Symbol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

Return to Top
#431440 - 09/30/05 02:50 PM Re: Symbol
Lavender Offline
Gold Star
Lavender
I'm really wishing that I hadn't started this thread. Sorry.

Return to Top
#431441 - 09/30/05 02:53 PM Re: Symbol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
This thread has been rather Hijacked.

Return to Top
#431442 - 09/30/05 02:56 PM Re: Symbol
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Does anybody realize I am playing around?

Return to Top
#431443 - 09/30/05 02:59 PM Re: Symbol
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Let's just move on.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4