Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#435282 - 10/10/05 01:42 PM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
San Marcos!! Just opened last month. It's on the northeast end, in the new section where Neiman's Last Call is.

Return to Top
#435283 - 10/10/05 03:05 PM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
Lavender Offline
Gold Star
Lavender
Do what's best for you and your family. Though I would be frank (and gentle), but tell them the truth...That you need the time with just the immediate family to enjoy and relax during the holidays.

Return to Top
#435284 - 10/10/05 03:21 PM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
Miss Chee Offline
Platinum Poster
Miss Chee
I feel some odd need to tell them that the fighting, and not so subtle trashing of the other grandparent, is what has motivated us to remove ourselves from the Holidays. I don't think that either of them will 'fess up to being toxic. But I feel the need to tell them anyhow.

It's like moving your tongue over to a sore in your mouth. Why do it? Why keep doing it? And yet it still happens.

Return to Top
#435285 - 10/30/05 07:07 PM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
I think I found my solution

Remember Festivus??

Return to Top
#435286 - 10/31/05 02:59 AM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Doin' the happy dance over here - DH has agreed with me that it just isn't a good idea for me to go to the IL's for Thanksgiving so soon before the Grasshopper's birth. OH DARN! He and the Junebug will go on, and I'll bake a sweet potato in the microwave, open a can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce, and eat pumpkin pie, while I watch my favorite shows on DVR. Too bad I can't make this an annual tradition.

Tra la la la la la la la!!!!

Return to Top
#435287 - 10/31/05 07:56 PM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Well you could make it an annual tradition, but eventually you'd have so many kids you'd own a dormitary verses a home

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#435288 - 11/01/05 02:08 AM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
Geez, I hope it's ok. I moved 1500 miles away to avoid them!

Return to Top
#435289 - 11/06/05 03:30 AM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

Well you could make it an annual tradition, but eventually you'd have so many kids you'd own a dormitary verses a home

Hmmmmm.... giving this serious consideration.... (Kidding. We're done after this one.)

Hey Dawnie, are you counting down the days yet? I am - 24 to go!! You all set?

Return to Top
#435290 - 11/07/05 08:20 PM Re: Is it OK to avoid family for X-Mas?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My aunt & uncle have always handled Christmas this way. They spend one year in California with her family, the following year in Nebraska with his family and the year after that they stay home in Colorado. Then they start all over agian. They may not get to stay home every year, but at least no one feels like they're being left out.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett