Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#439639 - 10/12/05 07:36 PM Training Policy
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
I've never heard of such a thing at our bank - but it's possible that maybe some of you have such a policy? If so, would anyone be willing to give me an idea of what's covered in it? I'm just kind of rolling this thought around, so any and all input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#439640 - 10/12/05 08:55 PM Re: Training Policy
Rather be in Vegas Offline
100 Club
Florida
I never heard of that one before.

Return to Top
#439641 - 10/14/05 03:34 PM Re: Training Policy
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
bump

Return to Top
#439642 - 10/14/05 03:38 PM Re: Training Policy
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
I'm firmly convinced that, at some time in the future, we will have to have a policy policy.

We don't have a formal training policy, but examiners and auditors are asking more and more frequently about what training we do, and requesting documentation of same.

Return to Top
#439643 - 10/14/05 04:44 PM Re: Training Policy
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
That's why I'm asking - when the Training Dept has a 'Policy' to support what we're doing, I think it would result in less of the 'Do I Have To's - so I thought I would poll this group of bankers - but folks either don't have such a thing, or there is more training apathy that I previously thought...

Our examiners, too, are putting more and more weight on training, training files, training records, etc, so....

Return to Top
#439644 - 10/14/05 05:57 PM Re: Training Policy
Auditman Offline
100 Club
We don't have a stand-alone training policy, but our Consumer Compliance Policy Manual does have a training section within it.

It briefly describes the various ways training is conducted in the bank. It states that in-bank training sessions should be documented with subject, names, dates, and any handout materials that were used.

It states a standard time limit for completion of any on-line courses that are assigned.

It lists the compliance subject areas (like Reg. B, Reg. CC, etc.)that our bank will require training in, generally over a three-year period of time, and the groups (like lenders, tellers, CSRs, as applicable) that will receive the training. It identifies certain subjects that must be covered on an annual basis. We use this board-approved policy as the support for assigning on-line courses and other training sessions.

The compliance examiners review the policy and the training records that result from all this and have been satisfied with the training so far.

Return to Top
#439645 - 06/16/06 11:53 PM Re: Training Policy
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
we've been documenting our training without the ehlp or guidance from an internal training program, but now the occ is requiring us to have a more in depth, narrative written training program...beware to those of you who dont have one-- the examiners are startign to require it!

anyone have a policy they will share? i'd like somethign to start mine on...

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry