Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#442273 - 10/18/05 12:39 AM click here to fight breast cancer!
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Hey...a friend just sent me this link. It's to help women receive mammograms and prevent breast cancer. Click on the link and then click the pink button to help fund a mammogram (it takes several people doing this just for one mammo!). That's it! That's all you have to do--you don't have to pay or fill anything out. Just 2 clicks on your mouse can help an underpriveleged woman. And, you may click once a day--don't forget!

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

Return to Top
#442274 - 10/18/05 02:42 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Considering the average cost of a mammogram is about $150 - every click is worth about 1/3 of a cent. Mailing them a check for $1.50 will cover you for a full year plus some - since you can only click once a day ......or better yet - mail them a check for $150 and then you can feel like you have actually done something.

Return to Top
#442275 - 10/18/05 04:41 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Considering the average cost of a mammogram is about $150 - every click is worth about 1/3 of a cent. Mailing them a check for $1.50 will cover you for a full year plus some - since you can only click once a day ......or better yet - mail them a check for $150 and then you can feel like you have actually done something.

For some reason.. I think I've read these words in the cooler.. LOL.. my eyes are not failin' me are they?

Return to Top
#442276 - 10/18/05 02:44 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
huntik Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
It's in my favorites and I click it first thing every morning!

Return to Top
#442277 - 10/18/05 04:13 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
i don't see why certain people are knocking my efforts here...the point is to spread the word so tons of people will click, which will make a difference. that's all i am tryign to do. if you want to mail in your 150$, then do so. i am going to stick to trying to spread this link...

Return to Top
#442278 - 10/18/05 04:14 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
by the way, thanks hutnik!

Return to Top
#442279 - 10/18/05 04:29 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I'm not knocking it - but I hate to think that people are now sitting all smug at their desks thinking they did something really great because they click on this cite on a daily basis when what is needed is real action to help fight this killer....

1/3 of a cent at a time - sure - but better yet, give up six pack or two or your next trip to the movies and donate some real bucks.

Return to Top
#442280 - 10/18/05 10:27 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

I'm not knocking it - but I hate to think that people are now sitting all smug at their desks thinking they did something really great because they click on this cite on a daily basis when what is needed is real action to help fight this killer....

1/3 of a cent at a time - sure - but better yet, give up six pack or two or your next trip to the movies and donate some real bucks.

And yet it's their efforts of sittin all "smug at their desk" clickin the pink button that will give a 1/3 of a cent... which does add up. More than some people would ever do. I for one think it is a good thing... I click it.. and feel no shame or less of a person because I'm not sending in my $150 check like you suggest...and yes I spend my money on things that will help benefit the breast cancer foundation... HONESTLY.. what does it matter that she posted here.. for those individuals who want to click it? Btw...no one is forcin anyone to click the button..much less come into this thread and be bluntly rude...she's just postin' information for some who may not know this exist.

Return to Top
#442281 - 10/18/05 10:54 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Why would it make us sit at our desk all smug? I'm amazed at that thought process. Perhaps some people CAN NOT send a check for that amount but they are capable of clicking a link - let those that want to help, help - in whatever way they want to.

Return to Top
#442282 - 10/18/05 10:57 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Why would it make us sit at our desk all smug? I'm amazed at that thought process. Perhaps some people CAN NOT send a check for that amount but they are capable of clicking a link - let those that want to help, help - in whatever way they want to.

Some people just like to argue I think...

Return to Top
#442283 - 10/18/05 11:21 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Apparently, however they should waste their breath on something more meaningful, oh wait - I guess it wouldn't be wasting their breath than huh? ha

Return to Top
#442284 - 10/19/05 03:22 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Mystified Offline
New Poster
Tulsa, OK
As a 33 year old breast cancer survivor; and a daughter, niece, granddaughter of breast cancer survivors, I would like to thank those of you who click that button every day. I would also like to thank those who make those donations. Is there any reason why we can't do both? And while I'm on this soap box; I'm grateful to those who walk marathons, wear jeans on Denim Fridays, display pink ribbons...etc, etc...

Stepping down now....

Return to Top
#442285 - 10/19/05 05:37 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Thank you Mystified...hopefully the negative posters will take notice of this and realize any good deed done is a good deed.

Return to Top
#442286 - 10/19/05 08:23 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Had my mammogram last week, I'm clean! Woo hoo!

Return to Top
#442287 - 10/20/05 06:28 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
My annual diagnostic mammogram is next month and it ALWAYS makes me nervous until it's over. As a survivor I check myself on a regular basis so I'm pretty sure everything is ok but until "they" say it is, I get nervous. And god forbid they tell me they need to do an ultrasound for ANY reason Brings back memories of when my lump was found and I find it hard not to cry. Wish me luck for another year cancer free

And I echo the thanks you all read earlier, I always appreciate any and all efforts to fund breast cancer research and treatment. I was also lucky to have good insurance and a good job that allowed me the time I needed to get treatment. Not all women are that lucky. Keep clicking, buying pink anything and participating any way you can, it all helps
Last edited by corkygirl; 10/20/05 06:33 PM.

Return to Top
#442288 - 10/21/05 03:39 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
Mystified Offline
New Poster
Tulsa, OK
Best Wishes Corkygirl!

Return to Top
#442289 - 10/25/05 03:12 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
RobinB Offline
Gold Star
RobinB
Maryland
I think it's a great cause and click it every day. But I think they make more money to fund the m'grams if you order from their sponsors--so I order a gift there from time to time.

Also--Ford Motors sponsors b.c. research also--I recently ordered a scarf (new style every year) that gives $30. to the Komen Foundation. You can go to the Ford site and search "scarf" for more info, or go to the Susan B Komen website.

Return to Top
#442290 - 10/25/05 03:14 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
#12 Online
Diamond Poster
They featured those scarves on ER last week. The website they advertised was www.fordcares.com.

Return to Top
#442291 - 10/27/05 03:04 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
As a one-year survivor, I say do whatever you can whenever you can. I hate the color pink, but I have a closet full of it because of the donations they generate.

Return to Top
#442292 - 10/27/05 01:44 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Had my mammogram last week also......got another growth....I'm a little nervous....

So.............I click away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#442293 - 10/28/05 02:13 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
Hope it isn't anything serious, G4I. I'll think good thoughts for you.

Return to Top
#442294 - 10/28/05 03:32 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Quote:

Hope it isn't anything serious, G4I. I'll think good thoughts for you.

Thanks....

Return to Top
#442295 - 10/28/05 05:23 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Go 4 It - what's your next step with the growth?

Return to Top
#442296 - 10/28/05 07:40 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Quote:

Go 4 It - what's your next step with the growth?

Funny you should ask.....I am having a very hard time finding out what the next step is. My GYN got the results of the mammogram and phoned me on Monday afternoon and suggested a surgeon...when I asked about my oncologist and his opinion, the GYN didn't know I was seeing an oncologist. Since the GYN found the lump in the beginning...I guess I just assumed these people corresponded....evidently not. The GYN faxed the results to the oncologist and told me to call the next day...which I did...but could not get through....You know, put on hold, disconnected, put on hold again, no one ever came back on the line .....I waited on Wednesday for a call, but none....I thought that perhaps no news was good news...but my husband insisted that I call again....When I did the oncologist's nurse said they never got the fax but she was questioning me and continuing to thumb through papers when she finally found it .....they had received it on Monday...She said that the GYN should have called also...I was told that they would...but...............now you see the score..."Passing the buck"......In any case, she told me that she would get with whoever she needed to this morning and promised that she would call me back...after 11:00 am. It is 2:20pm and I haven't received a call yet....I will give them until 3:00 and then I'm calling again.....They will think I am such a pest, but this is quite upsetting.........

I am trying not to jump to conclusions...but containing myself is becoming more difficult as the hours pass.....

Return to Top
#442297 - 10/29/05 01:25 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
Don't worry about being a pest, for Pete's sake! This is your body and you have a right to timely service. I swear, these are the same doctors who scream to high heaven when the bank makes them wait for something...

No, doctors don't communicate with each other. My oncologist and radiation oncologist were in the same office and never had any idea what the other was doing.

Waiting is always the worst part. I waited for results. Waited to be scheduled for surgery. Waited to start chemo. Waited at the doctor's office. Waited to start radiation. Waited to get my cathedar out. Waited for more results....

I would call them every half hour until they told me something useful.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett