Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#442298 - 10/29/05 07:44 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
Go 4 It - take the initiative. Even though you think you are being a pest - if you don't take action no one will. You have to think of your health - and life.

Don't forget to take notes of what goes on during the doctor's visits. I found it invaluable since it helped me take an analytical look at what was happening instead of being too emotional. If you can't do this for yourself (and it's perfectly OK if you cannot) ask a friend or family member to go with you to take the notes.

Return to Top
#442299 - 10/31/05 04:46 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
I spoke much too soon. My oncologist's office did leave a message on my home phone. My appointment for the CAT scan remains on Wednesday and I've also been scheduled for an ultrasound of both breasts.

You are right, flaire, the worst is WAITING. It seems that this illness as with many others I'm sure is a "wait and see" game.

Wavewatcher, the note idea is good. I had not thought of it, and come to think of it, I'm beginning to get confused as to what the last scan was---CAT or PET....or was PET first....was it in June or was that the one in August...... Is the Chemo drying up the brain or is it just age?

So, I think that I will take up the idea of notes. Thanks

Thanks to all of you.

Return to Top
#442300 - 11/01/05 02:06 AM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
If you don't already have it, get Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book. B&N and Borders keep it in stock. It is a great tool for all kinds of things, and will help you translate your lab results into plain English. It's not just about cancer, but it covers fibroids, infections, etc. too.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes (PM me if you need anything).

Return to Top
#442301 - 11/01/05 04:35 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
RobinB Offline
Gold Star
RobinB
Maryland
Flaire is right--you have to call constantly for any kind of test results. You have to insist that the docs talk to each other on your behalf. And then you have to go through the same thing when the insurance bills come in.

(((HUGS)))

Return to Top
#442302 - 11/03/05 04:42 PM Re: click here to fight breast cancer!
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
You are right about the insurance. I've had several claims that I've had to question because they were wanting payment that I didn't feel I owed....I'm in major medical now. There was also a bill that just didn't add up....I called and they had to do research but finally corrected it.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett