Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#44233 - 11/20/02 02:51 PM Lending Limits
campste Offline
100 Club
campste
LA
I have been asked to determine our lending limits, legally and statutory. We're an FDIC, state chartered bank.

Does anyone have a worksheet or program to calculate this on say a quarterly basis?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#44234 - 11/20/02 05:51 PM Re: Lending Limits
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check out Reg O and also your state regs.

Return to Top
#44235 - 11/20/02 07:06 PM Re: Lending Limits
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Your state regs should govern this. FDIC doesn't. State of Wisconsin is 20% of capital stock, surplus, U/P, earnings,and unrealized gains/losses less intangibles.

Return to Top
#44236 - 11/20/02 07:11 PM Re: Lending Limits
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I have a spreadsheet that I developed for use with D&O lending limits for FDIC/FED and for the State of GA. If you are interested in it (obviously you would have to modify for your state's requirements) I'd be more than happy to send you a copy if you like.

Our officers use this for regular borrower requirements to a point, but it is designed for D&O.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#44237 - 11/20/02 08:07 PM Re: Lending Limits
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
We are a state non-member savings bank that must follow the OCC Legal Lending Limits. Its just a straight 15% of core capital plus the ALLL. We calculate monthly and the board approves the number each month. We also track an internal lending limit, which is 67% of the legal lending limit.

Return to Top