Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#442444 - 10/18/05 02:55 PM What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
I was just thinking what I'm going to do when I win the powerball drawing on Wednesday...lol.

I think I'll buy a bank...lure all those people (who were mean) and I hated working with over the last 20 yrs to come work for me...and then SELL the bank!! I was just curious what all of you would do with your approx. 170 million in cash.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#442445 - 10/18/05 02:56 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I would build a large kid's sports complex for my kid to play all his sports on.

Return to Top
#442446 - 10/18/05 02:58 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
2 chicks at the same time, man.

-Office Space

Return to Top
#442447 - 10/18/05 02:59 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Rock...you're not going to win it...I am!

I'd buy lots of land and lots of horses. The kids and I could rodeo every weekend if we wanted to...no worrys about the rising fuel cost. Oh...I'd hire someone to clean the house! I hate doing that.

Return to Top
#442448 - 10/18/05 02:59 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
After I file for divorce...hahaha.

Seriously, all of my family members would be taken care of (6 siblings with 5 spouses, 14 neices/nephews, parents, inlaws 3 with spouses and an additional 11 neices/nephews). Both of my kids would have trust funds set up.

I'd give my 2 weeks notice, retroactive to 2 weeks ago. I'd travel for a while, then come back home and do more volunteer work in the community than I already do. Something with kids and soccer. Buy a business that I don't care if it loses money.

Return to Top
#442449 - 10/18/05 02:59 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
make a movie

Return to Top
#442450 - 10/18/05 03:00 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Which states have the Powerball? I need to know so that I can call a friend in that state and ask him to buy me a ticket and fax me a copy of it with his sworn statement that if that ticket wins, I get the money.

Return to Top
#442451 - 10/18/05 03:02 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
i would buy a house and a car and some purses, and shoes, and clothes, and buy my mom and grandma a house and save the rest, and keep working

Return to Top
#442452 - 10/18/05 03:05 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
I would pay for a divorce and happily pay him off to leave me alone..lol

Take care of my parents and my sister and a help out my best friends.
Take a long leave of absence from work, life, everyday monotony. Build me a gigantic house with every ammenity possible. OH and I'd also hire nothing but male servants, pool boy, maid, chef, lawn boy, car washing boy, bathwater boy,etc...you get the idea. (When I say boy, I mean 21 and up)

Return to Top
#442453 - 10/18/05 03:07 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
Quote:

Take a long leave of absence from work, life, everyday monotony. Build me a gigantic house with every ammenity possible. OH and I'd also hire nothing but male servants, pool boy, maid, chef, lawn boy, car washing boy, bathwater boy,etc...you get the idea. (When I say boy, I mean 21 and up)

Where can I fax you my resume?

Return to Top
#442454 - 10/18/05 03:11 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Designate some for my church, grandchildren, son, sister.....I'd ensure that mother-in-law's home would be remodeled and that there was enough aside to keep round-the-clock sitters for the rest of her life...

Then I'd spend a little on myself and my husband ......THEN...I'd invest....THEN.....I'd put some aside for round the clock sitters for myself and my husband for the rest of our lives if needed. ....THEN......(is there any left?)

Return to Top
#442455 - 10/18/05 03:13 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Z, I'm not sure what sates have it...but I know Missouri does.

Return to Top
#442456 - 10/18/05 03:22 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
I don't know that I would retire, but I would definitely go part time. I have no idea what I would do with the money, but I'm buying my ticket today!

Return to Top
#442457 - 10/18/05 03:27 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
huntik Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
I'm going to buy a BIG house and have This Old House come work on it! That's my dream!

Return to Top
#442458 - 10/18/05 03:34 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
Quote:

Quote:

LOL, you have credentials eh?

Return to Top
#442459 - 10/18/05 03:36 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm cute, defined, tan, I can clean a pool and do push ups for you at your command.

Return to Top
#442460 - 10/18/05 03:37 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm cute, defined, tan, I can clean a pool and do push ups for you at your command.

Sounds promising. But, can you run a perfect temp. bathwater?

Return to Top
#442461 - 10/18/05 03:46 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
I would spend each holiday of next year in a related country. Eaxample..St. Pats, Ireland. You get the idea.
For Halloween don't know if I'd go to Salem, Mass. This is the day I'm almost sure my sis-in-law was brought into this dimension....or if I'd go down south to celebrate it at the actual marshlands where the swamp-witch dragged her slimy, hag-fish carcass onto dry land for the first time.
Oh, yeah. I'd spread love.
Except for the Dark Empress.

Return to Top
#442462 - 10/18/05 03:52 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I don't think I would retire, I love working... But I can tell you that I would never have to worry about my finances again. The first thing I would do would be set up a trust fund for my daughter, then I would invest quite a bit and give some to my family. Then I would go on a shopping spree at best buy!!

Return to Top
#442463 - 10/18/05 04:00 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Saleen S7, a racetrack, on my own island. Possibly bring my girlfriend. Possibly.

Return to Top
#442464 - 10/18/05 04:00 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
and then you could find a way to spend the remaining 160MM of the 170MM cash payout. This is a crazy, crazy big jackpot.

Return to Top
#442465 - 10/18/05 05:06 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
Quote:

Rock...you're not going to win it...I am!

I'd buy lots of land and lots of horses. The kids and I could rodeo every weekend if we wanted to...no worrys about the rising fuel cost. Oh...I'd hire someone to clean the house! I hate doing that.

So we can't BOTH win it? That would still be 85 mil a piece. I would be happy for both of us if WE won it...and so would my kids, ex-wife, her new husband, their kids...you get the idea...sure is nice to dream isn't it?

Return to Top
#442466 - 10/18/05 05:16 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Striker Offline
100 Club
Illinois
Quote:

make a movie

What kind of movie?

Return to Top
#442467 - 10/18/05 05:17 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I would buy some land for a really kewl field for Ultimate Frisbee. Then I'd spend a hell of a lot of time playing Dungeons & Dragons. Also I'd set up a company with good wages to employ low-income folks to, like, drive around the city and clean up grafitti and pick up trash and do landscaping at parks and along the roadside and stuff. Valuable work that needs to be done and that can help people earn an income.

But mainly it would be the D&D.

Return to Top
#442468 - 10/18/05 05:21 PM Re: What Would You do......(besides retire and travel)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I would buy some land for a really kewl field for Ultimate Frisbee. Then I'd spend a hell of a lot of time playing Dungeons & Dragons. Also I'd set up a company with good wages to employ low-income folks to, like, drive around the city and clean up grafitti and pick up trash and do landscaping at parks and along the roadside and stuff. Valuable work that needs to be done and that can help people earn an income.

But mainly it would be the D&D.

That is very commendable, Elf King of Elrad

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2