Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#442782 - 10/19/05 08:10 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Anonymous
Unregistered

If it weren't for the NRA there probably would not be any hunting, with spears maybe, but not guns.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#442783 - 10/19/05 08:14 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
I disagree about hunting with spears. What makes you think that NRA is what keeps guns legal? We have a right to do so. i would love to see that right curbed in many circumstances but I don't many people who think like I do would take away the types of guns that hunters use.

Return to Top
#442784 - 10/19/05 08:29 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I hunt deer, pheasent, and grouse in Wisconsin, and grouper, mackerel, and sheephead in Florida. (OK, so that's fishing!) When I moved to Wisconsin from Chicago, all the women in our circle of friends were pregnant or had a baby under 1 year old. It was either stay with the women and talk babies, or go with the guys and learn to hunt. I learned to hunt!

That reminds me, I need to sight in my gun this weekend, cause next weekend is the "T" Zone hunt - an early 4 day season where you can take does only. We have so many in our area. Next year, they plan to go back to "Earn a Buck", where you must shoot a doe first before you can take a buck.

Return to Top
#442785 - 10/19/05 08:31 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Quote:

I hunt deer, pheasent, and grouse in Wisconsin, and grouper, mackerel, and sheephead in Florida. (OK, so that's fishing!) When I moved to Wisconsin from Chicago, all the women in our circle of friends were pregnant or had a baby under 1 year old. It was either stay with the women and talk babies, or go with the guys and learn to hunt. I learned to hunt!

That reminds me, I need to sight in my gun this weekend, cause next weekend is the "T" Zone hunt - an early 4 day season where you can take does only. We have so many in our area. Next year, they plan to go back to "Earn a Buck", where you must shoot a doe first before you can take a buck.

Those sound like valid methods.
We need some work here in PA with the herd.

Best of luck to ya.

Return to Top
#442786 - 10/19/05 08:43 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I am in WI too. We eat or mount everything we kill.

Return to Top
#442787 - 10/19/05 08:46 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Quote:

Everything?

Return to Top
#442788 - 10/19/05 08:49 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

Quote:

Everything?

And is this Deliverance mount or wall mount?

Return to Top
#442789 - 10/19/05 08:50 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Bad choice of words....We hang some things on the wall. The others we consume.

Return to Top
#442790 - 10/19/05 08:55 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
sorry i couldn't resist

Return to Top
#442791 - 10/20/05 08:12 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Yes, I did hang my first buck on the wall. But he was my biggest! Nine points, but what you call a "stovepipe" rack - the tines don't curve out much, they go straight up and are tall. MOML only hangs the horns, but has several nice racks above the fireplace.

Hmmm...now I have a taste for vension chili!

Return to Top
#442792 - 10/20/05 09:56 PM Re: Females - Hunting
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I'm with Ron...I believe in hunting people with NRA stickers on their cars (sure he didn't say that entirely, but I can read his scrawny little mind like a book)

There is nothing wrong with hunting as long as the animal is not endangered and the hunt is legal. (IE it's wrong for a white person to hunt polar bears, but ok for an Alaskan Native).

I'm not so much for displaying the dead animals on the wall after you kill then though, but only because I think that's ugly I do however think fur coats are just fine and dandy At $10 per curse word uttered, my spouse is going to have purchased me one by Christmas

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#442793 - 10/20/05 10:12 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Absolutely the most boring thing I have ever done in my life!

Return to Top
#442794 - 10/20/05 10:33 PM Re: Females - Hunting
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

At $10 per curse word uttered, my spouse is going to have purchased me one by Christmas

Trying to change old habits for baby?

Return to Top
#442795 - 10/21/05 12:41 AM Re: Females - Hunting
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL Yes Rainman. Fortunately he didn't get me to promise the same. I'd be broke

Whenever he goes up on the slope to check on the rigs he comes home with a serious case of the "F's". I can't imagine how those guys work when every other word is 4 letters beginning with F but I sure know I don't want Jr to be learning that word first (I'm sure he'll figure out s afew bad words eventually, but let's give him things like dada and momma before that LOL).

I'm also trying to work on his driving skills. My darling husband has a terrible habit of stopping with very little notice. He sees a stop sign and hits the breaks right about where the post is planted I keep pretending to be a baby and showing him how their little heads bounce. He's getting better LOL but he really does try when I use a baby voice and say "Daddy stop the "fing" car a little earlier please, my head is going bouncy bouncy"

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#442796 - 10/21/05 09:50 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Black Sheep Offline
New Poster
Midwest
My husband got me into deer hunting about 5 years ago. I hunt with a bow, shotgun and muzzleloader. I have gotten 3 does and a 4 point buck in the past 5 years. We hunt for the meat. I just missed an 8 point buck with my bow when I hit a branch! :^( I'm on vacation next week so I will be out in the woods with my bow!! My husband hunts turkey, geese and duck also, but I have never gotten into hunting birds...

Return to Top
#442797 - 10/21/05 10:12 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Deliverance Mount. Ron you kill me. But, I could never hunt a female. Not only is it illeagle but its just plain mean. Unless it is a female animal than it is OK. And by animal I include humans. :rofl: <--- that is a joke guys, come on

Return to Top
#442798 - 10/24/05 01:33 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
I went female hunting this weekend. But none would get within range.

Return to Top
#442799 - 10/24/05 01:42 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Why am I not surprised by this?

Return to Top
#442800 - 10/24/05 02:22 PM Re: Females - Hunting
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
haha LOL shemp

Return to Top
#442801 - 10/24/05 11:16 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

With this sense of humor.. who would resist you Shemp?.. you make me laugh.. it's just great.

Return to Top
#442802 - 10/28/05 07:35 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Sat out last night after work. What a beautiful afternoon! Saw a huge squirrel, chipmonks, a pheasent, cardinals and chickadees, but no deer.

Of course, since it is doe season, MOML saw a beautiful 10 point buck. He'd never see it during regular season!

Looks like another beautiful evening, so I will be in my stand by 4:15 PM.

Return to Top
#442803 - 10/28/05 07:39 PM Re: Females - Hunting
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
Born and raised in Idaho. I had never been hunting until I joined the Army. Now I have all the cute clothes and the cool boots to dress up in, and I love it. One shot one kill, lol

Return to Top
#442804 - 10/28/05 07:55 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Striker Offline
100 Club
Illinois
Good luck tonight Nanwa! my best hunts have taken place pre-rut late October with a Bow. I've been out once this year, Colobus Day(evening), had a doe directly underneath my stand..passed on her, passed on a six pointer, and couldn't get a shot at a beautiful 10 pointer. I'm hoping to take my 10 year old daughter sunday afternoon. I hope she can sit still long enough!

Return to Top
#442805 - 11/21/05 02:42 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Well, our hunting season is done! MOML got two doe and I got one opening weekend. That is enough meat to last us the year. We have one more tag, but, since all our friends also had a good hunt, we probably won't fill it. We might fill it for the food pantry tho.

Total of 7 hunters; each got one deer, MOML and Jason each got two. All are already skinned and quartered: ours will have to wait until tommorrow to get cut up or ground and wrapped. MOML is working on that now, but I had to come in to work today to make up for the Thanksgiving holiday, so I can't work on the meat until tommorrow.

And laundry. Man, I didn't realize how many clothes we put on to keep warm until I have to wash it all!

So, we have meat in the freezer and don't have to get up early any more this hunting season. Yay!

Return to Top
#442806 - 11/21/05 06:28 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Wriggley Offline
Maine
Thant's great Nanwa - congrats. I have only seen one flag. Oh well, have 4 more days to try!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3